Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112544 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Getting our feet wet
« Reply #1485 on: July 18, 2015, 03:02:12 am »

(Ninja'd)
Beyond the door there seems to be an endless expanse of shin-deep muddy water. About a hundred feet from the door, the outline of another door stood alone in the water, and between the two doors was a short mound of mud with a banner planted in it. The "sky" in there seemed covered in a brown haze, casting the whole room(?) in an overcast light. Near the door, Tiruin and HugoLuman feel a distinct sense of vague foreboding.

"Hugo, if your thingy in the next room is this place, then I have a very certain bad feeling about it. I mean, other than the obvious murk here."

Tiruin held her bow at the ready. "While I do know how to shoot--I've never tried shooting in the midst of people around. I do hope I won't hit anyone if any danger appears. Just six shots. Also...could people not swear that much? It dampens the mood."

Totally missing the pun, she pointed at the banner in the mud while holding her ground.

"What's that over there?"
(Past dialogue completed, we're fully in the present now)
"Oh, the thingy was getting the XP from this room with the tiles. Yeah, I'm getting a bad feeling too. But I think I'll accompany Armach in." HugoLuman steps into the water, a bit reluctant to get his shoes and pant legs wet, but figuring its better than going barefoot and finding a stone suddenly. He feels his shoes press on a muddy bottom under the water. "Guh. It's a little cold. So, should we go look at that banner?"
"I don't know. Let me get a closer look." Armach moves towards to the mound of mud.
HugoLuman follows, holding his axe as he trudges through the water. The banner-mound is only about 50ft away, but it the trudge is a little slow. The banner seems to be dull brown, with a grey, stylized skull on it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 18, 2015, 03:06:35 am »

Tea speaks without looking away from the sights.

"If we end up having to shoot, it's probably better if you shoot first, Saint. Those arrows look more reusable than my bullets."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 18, 2015, 03:08:21 am »

Tiruin quickly aims and fires an arrow halfway between their position and the banner--aiming at the water.

Before anyone could ask, she answered the inevitable 'what'.

"Taking precautions here. Shin-deep water--my arrows can be retrieved easy without damage. We're unsure what's in the water so this'll give a clue of anything in there. I hope its just something mundane and dangerous. Either way, given my...first impressions about this place, I'll make a group suggestion.

"Everyone pick a role that you'd think you'll fill a niche in when meeting new people. Informer, Medical crew...the likes. If we're going through this like an RPG, I prefer we'd use our knowledge on what we learned. I took up Group Dynamics a ways back."

((Edit: Woah, nice post IcyTea :3 I totally was thinking that but then I got PPE'd))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 18, 2015, 03:13:15 am »

"..."Saint?"
Well, um, I hope it's not crocodiles."

When Tiruin fires from outside the room, the arrow stops mid-air upon reaching the boundary of the doorway, and falls to the floor.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 18, 2015, 03:16:48 am »

"Oh man, if it's crocodiles..."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 18, 2015, 03:19:14 am »

"Just lightening the mood with nicknames. I know that whole 'Saint Tiruin' thing was called off. Looks like we'll have to go in for overwatch."

Tea enters the room and steps to the left, then takes overwatch again.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 18, 2015, 03:29:44 am »

"Oh. Right. Forgot about that one." HugoLuman and Armach reach the little island with the banner.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 18, 2015, 03:34:10 am »

Armach examines the island and the banner.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 18, 2015, 03:41:37 am »

When Tiruin fires from outside the room, the arrow stops mid-air upon reaching the boundary of the doorway, and falls to the floor.
Tiruin stared at the arrow--on the off chance something else was doing something to it.

"Hey, I thought that was just a passing joke, y'know. Also it...seems like whatever place we're in has something that affects force. Extremely weird. I don't mind the nickname though, if we're to use call-names or catchphrases. I've been planning to ensure Arc is ok by riding him on my guard here. The shoulder strap is very durable."

Tiruin rolls up her lower jeans to accommodate the seeminly non-diseased water. She hoped it did not contain parasites... or their spoor. Do same action upon entering one step into the room--as in, body is halfway through, under the doorway to test.

"Just keep your balance guys, I'm glad we're not wading in anything higher than my knees. And you're all taller than me."

She only now noticed Twinwolf and her wolfy ears and wondered who she was--amongst the many other tall people around.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 18, 2015, 03:51:24 am »

Armach examines the island and the banner.
The banner is rectangular, a little tattered and mud-stained around the edges, and hanging from a black, 8ft pole stuck in the mud. The island is approximately circular, and about 10ft in diameter.

Tiruin stared at the arrow--on the off chance something else was doing something to it.

"Hey, I thought that was just a passing joke, y'know. Also it...seems like whatever place we're in has something that affects force. Extremely weird. I don't mind the nickname though, if we're to use call-names or catchphrases. I've been planning to ensure Arc is ok by riding him on my guard here. The shoulder strap is very durable."

Tiruin rolls up her lower jeans to accommodate the seeminly non-diseased water. She hoped it did not contain parasites... or their spoor. Do same action upon entering one step into the room--as in, body is halfway through, under the doorway to test.

"Just keep your balance guys, I'm glad we're not wading in anything higher than my knees. And you're all taller than me."

She only now noticed Twinwolf and her wolfy ears and wondered who she was--amongst the many other tall people around.
With the bow drawn so that the arrow rests halfway through the door when you release the string, it moves slowly, gently pushing the arrow out so it falls into the water in front of you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 18, 2015, 04:01:17 am »

With the bow drawn so that the arrow rests halfway through the door when you release the string, it moves slowly, gently pushing the arrow out so it falls into the water in front of you.
Tiruin examined the arrow as it moved--appreciating the special time it took to achieve slow-motion effects in real-time.

She picked up the arrow and nocked her last one, putting the other two in her bow-hand, giving the wet one a bit of a flick to remove excess water.

"I believe we can't do anything from either outside the room--or even from under the doorway. Kudos to whomever was the architect of this place; the doors seem to resist any external influences up to the halfway point of entry, slowing anything caught in between outwards.

"This inspires great technology in reality. I wonder who built this place."

Get fully inside, Plant both feet in the darn mud. Aim and shoot.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 18, 2015, 04:11:48 am »

As Tiruin notches the arrow, there is a sound near the island. It sounds like a groan over a walkie talkie. "Um...."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 18, 2015, 04:14:45 am »

"Did you hear that?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 18, 2015, 04:24:01 am »

Tiruin wondered what everyone was talking about--all she heard was the whizz~ of her arrow as she predicted its flight.

She did not hear the groan because she assumed it was just her hearing from her thoughts.

"Hear what?"

Fire.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 18, 2015, 04:26:36 am »

The arrow lands on it's intended spot halfway between the door and the island.

Slightly before that, from the water near the island, a figure climbs to its feet, swaying unsteadily. It seems to be wearing a padded grey and black uniform, rather modern-looking, with some kind of white gas-mask looking headgear. It all looks rather ragged, with plenty of tears and mud-stains, and a big gash on the mask. The walkie-talkie-moan comes again.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189