Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112465 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Everything changed when the skeletons attacked
« Reply #1650 on: July 22, 2015, 01:36:32 am »

The bonemold-clad warriors give more trouble than the WWI enemies, as their armor is evidently good enough quality to take the hits the group strikes to the shoulders, chest, and legs (except for the middle one, who's cuirass is full of holes, enabling Twinwolf to stab it.) It would be a simple matter to tackle the other two and wrestle their armor off, but the firebenders aren't far behind, forcing the group back. The illusory swordsman takes the full force of the fire, dispelling it but giving the group time to react.

Tactic shift!
Tiruin aims to unbalance instead of strike--using the armor as a cushion for her staff-strikes to topple the foes thanks to the water anchoring their feet down.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 22, 2015, 03:34:11 am »

"I'll flank them, be ready to gang up on 'em one at a time. Remember, aim for the joints."

Tea jukes the skeletons to exit the ring, runs far away enough to lose 'aggro', thenmoves back in to flank the skeletons' backs while they're focused on others.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:02 am »

Aoshi resummons the illusion to assist IceTea's manouver. He himself moves to disable any skellie unbalanced or otherwise unable to attack at moment.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 23, 2015, 06:40:05 pm »

(Whew. Doing much better now, gonna make some progress on this for the weekend!)

I walk into the phone booth curiosly, wondering where the heck I am now... and if I'm about to meet the Doctor in some weird Doctor Who dream.
With a flash of light and a loud bang! you find yourself in some ancient ruins looking place, surrounded by a few people and a cat, all looking into a doorway. They all seem to have the same kind of device as on your wrist (including the cat).

Rolep looks at his watch thing to try and decide what abilities to get.

((Yes this may be time warp shenanigans or something but I had wanted to deal with that before I joined the next room and I still haven't gotten anything back from you about it Hugo >.<))
(Sorry about that. Been sick/busy. Hit me up on steam and we'll talk about them again and I'll post them today.)

"I'll flank them, be ready to gang up on 'em one at a time. Remember, aim for the joints."

Tea jukes the skeletons to exit the ring, runs far away enough to lose 'aggro', thenmoves back in to flank the skeletons' backs while they're focused on others.
Aoshi resummons the illusion to assist IceTea's manouver. He himself moves to disable any skellie unbalanced or otherwise unable to attack at moment.
Tactic shift!
Tiruin aims to unbalance instead of strike--using the armor as a cushion for her staff-strikes to topple the foes thanks to the water anchoring their feet down.

Tiruin manages to knock the two bonemold-clad skeletons over as Aoshi's swordsman distracts the firebenders, but no one is able to move in to wrestle them as two of the firebenders aren't distracted for long. However, Kyle charges in, his carapace taking the brunt of the fire, and tackles one of the firebenders. He tears off its skull and throws it at another, not seeming to affect either of them much, but he reaches into its armor through the neck opening and starts tearing out its ribs, soon reducing it to immobility. IcyTea comes running in from the side and tackles the one Kyle through the skull at, and HugoLuman and Armach take the opportunity to tackle the other two firebenders. Everyone else moves to finish off the downed bonemold-wearing ones, but before anyone can destroy their target, there is more commotion in the water. About 20 feet away, another group of 6 skeletons rises out, these appearing to be clad in the dilapidated remains of stormtrooper armor. It's shattered and cracked, with most of the pieces missing, but some look like they have relatively intact helmets.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 23, 2015, 07:55:36 pm »

Seeing an opportunity Kyle grabs one of the angry skeletal torsos and runs at the storm troopers brandishing it as a weapon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 23, 2015, 11:40:19 pm »

Seeing an opportunity Kyle grabs one of the angry skeletal torsos and runs at the storm troopers brandishing it as a weapon.
Kyle hoists the newly deceased Firebender skeleton and charges towards the new arrivals. Meanwhile, the others focus on disposing of the downed enemies on the island. Their armor makes it difficult to strike their core (except for one of the firebenders and one of the bonemold-clad ones, who have damaged bits on their chest armor to be pulled off, enabling stomping), but they dislocate and break the limbs, with some difficulty due to the bonemold pauldrons somewhat restricting movement.

Kyle reaches the stormtroopers as the group finishes disabling the other skeletons, and bashes one of them over with the corpse in his hands, but despite his vigor, he is soon surrounded by the other 5, and they grapple him, tackling him over and forcing his head under the water. The one he knocked over starts standing up, though one of its arms seems to have been jerked out of its socket.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 24, 2015, 01:57:29 am »

Tea quickly loots a pair of gauntlets and puts them on, assuming any of the downed or dead skeletons have intact ones, then runs to save kj1225. If none of the skeletons have gauntlets, he skips that step.

"What's next? Spess Mehreen skeletons? Where are they coming from, anyway, and what can we do to stop them, other than breaking them to bits?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:32 am »

Tea quickly loots a pair of gauntlets and puts them on, assuming any of the downed or dead skeletons have intact ones, then runs to save kj1225. If none of the skeletons have gauntlets, he skips that step.

"What's next? Spess Mehreen skeletons? Where are they coming from, anyway, and what can we do to stop them, other than breaking them to bits?"
Both the firebenders and the bonemold-clad skeletons seem only to have vambraces the cover the forearms.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 24, 2015, 02:08:31 am »

Actually, on second thought, Tea should take a bracer for his right arm, and a gauntlet for the left, so he can still fire his gun. Either way, that can wait. Time to save Kyle!

((One more thing about my combat style: while I switch between stances all the time with my legwork, I'm usually in the southpaw stance, i.e. right hand in front for jabs and blocks, left hand for heavier strikes.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:11:19 am by IcyTea31 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 24, 2015, 02:10:52 am »

Actually, on second thought, Tea should take a bracer for his right arm, and a gauntlet for the left, so he can still fire his gun. Either way, that can wait. Time to save Kyle!
There are no gauntlets. (Also, you taking bonemold bracers or fire nation bracers?)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 24, 2015, 02:12:38 am »

((The bracers can wait. Also, if these are Star Wars stormtroopers, they're worth some gauntlets once beat down.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 24, 2015, 02:45:23 am »

((The bracers can wait. Also, if these are Star Wars stormtroopers, they're worth some gauntlets once beat down.))
((Their armor is in abysmal condition, but possibly.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 24, 2015, 05:21:04 am »

((Could current room details be added to the map, or at least a link to the post where it is described?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 24, 2015, 12:58:52 pm »

I look between all the people and the cat in confusion, looking back and forth between everyone and around the room.

"...What the heck did I do last night for this to be my dream?" I ask aloud.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 24, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

((Could current room details be added to the map, or at least a link to the post where it is described?))
(Done. Let me know if I'm missing something.)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 189