Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112490 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Everything changed when the skeletons attacked
« Reply #1575 on: July 18, 2015, 09:58:40 pm »

((Not much time to right now so I would appreciate you doing so. And a Ranger/Mage hybrid class would be nice. :) ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 18, 2015, 10:02:14 pm »

"I don't think gunshots are going to work on those things... my class isn't suited for this."
"Well you've taken Physics as a class too, right? So apply external force to these and that's all that would suit us too! Thank you in advance! Gunshots are too focused. They won't work well here!"
"Ah... no. I'm more of the literary sort. I feel a baseball bat would be incredibly effective against those things. Hm."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 18, 2015, 10:05:26 pm »

(RangerCado's sheet added to the doc)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 18, 2015, 10:09:16 pm »

"Ah... no. I'm more of the literary sort. I feel a baseball bat would be incredibly effective against those things. Hm."
"So am I. The only way I got good at archery is both by inspiration, and a ton of dreams--won my first tournament with little practice compared to most because of that willpower. Use your willpower. Preferably by...helping us! Effectivity counts in numbers here!"

Tiruin was pretty much :I ...not because FallacyofUrist was being silly, but because he reminded her of herself at times.
Totally broaching effectivity when practicality also mattered. Or so she could see the situation anyway.

The thought helped her a lot.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 18, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »

"I think my aid might actually be counterproductive... my only weapon is an unloaded pistol which I can only fire once per room due to my class ability... in short, there's not really anything effective I can do. That I've thought of, anyway."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 19, 2015, 01:04:52 am »

"My gun was effective for just that one shot due to my class ability. That aim-assist thing felt pretty weird, by the way. I think I stopped breathing entirely for a moment. The M/27 is known to be too fragile for melee combat, but I know some martial arts."

Tea slings his rifle to his back and moves to flank/backstrike the last two firebenders in hand-to-hand combat.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 19, 2015, 02:28:23 am »

((Not much time to right now so I would appreciate you doing so. And a Ranger/Mage hybrid class would be nice. :) ))
((Arcane Archer))

Resummon illusionary swordsman, targeting closest firebender. Its task is to draw fire and dodge fire by dropping into water. Meanwhile I whack its arms and keep it between me and the other firebender. Should I caught fire then I drop into water to extinguish it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 19, 2015, 02:54:54 am »

"Hey Hugo, I'll drop them and then you have to take them out with your axe. Sound good?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 19, 2015, 03:12:26 am »

Noting how the guys (and girl) were in trouble in the banner-area, Tiruin looked around and spotted Kevak, still outside the room.

"Yo, Neri, could I borrow your quarterstaff there? That'll help us a lot here--I know a bit of Taekwondo to help me if anything dirty comes up. You can borrow my bow in the meantime as I don't think it'll help against...skeletons."

Request @Kevak; also try to analyze the foe. Is there anything I can pinpoint which makes them...animate?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 19, 2015, 03:19:04 am »

"I feel like it would be a bad idea to put a wooden bowstaff in a room full of water. Wood warps. Lead them over near the door and I'll bop them." ((I do like to take care of my stuff.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 19, 2015, 03:21:06 am »

"Would a metal pole work?
thincake

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 19, 2015, 03:23:21 am »

Tiruin looked at the water touching her knees. It was cold. But not...murky and swampy.

"Err, yeah, and I'll be swinging it...over the water. Also I learned that nobody can attack whatever is inside the room from the outside--even if you stand right underneath the doorway. So...you'll have to get your legs wet (knees for me...*sigh*), and we could use all the firepower we've got."

She looked over her shoulder at the fighters.

"Lives are at stake. And whatever we're facing is interested in the nearest thing they can touch. Which means everyone inside here. And the rest.

"But seriously. A bit of water won't warp good wood. I've taken care of my bow through storm and monsoon rains during competitions here. Shooting in the rain affects precise aiming, but it won't warp the wood if it is taken care of well. I will take care of your staff."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 19, 2015, 03:37:55 am »

"You will need to come over here to retrieve it regardless, why not just lure them over here?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 19, 2015, 04:09:06 am »

"Hey Hugo, I'll drop them and then you have to take them out with your axe. Sound good?"
"Class ability." Twin says, before going to aid HugoLuman.
"Sure!" shouts HugoLuman, though they quickly have their hands full with the four soldiers attacking, flinging themselves upon them. Twinwolf carves up another one as it tries to grapple Hugo, but is grappled herself by another one. Armach didn't get a chance to swing before getting clawed in the face, though HugoLuman strikes this one with an overhead chop to the torso, dropping it. However, this strike leaves him open, and another of the upright skeleton soldiers tackles him, sending him stumbling backwards. The one that Armach knocked down with his last strike starts standing back up. The de-legged one wraps its arms around Twinwolf's legs.

The two combine metrocops are almost at the island.

Resummon illusionary swordsman, targeting closest firebender. Its task is to draw fire and dodge fire by dropping into water. Meanwhile I whack its arms and keep it between me and the other firebender. Should I caught fire then I drop into water to extinguish it.
Employing adjusted tactics, the illusory swordsman is successful at getting the firebenders to turn their backs to you without it getting scorched, but the blows with your blunt katana are rather ineffectual, especially with the shoulderguards. The armor on the remaining two firebenders might be a problem, though there are rather large tears in the padding of the non-headless one.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 19, 2015, 04:12:16 am »

"You will need to come over here to retrieve it regardless, why not just lure them over here?"
Tiruin pointed at the people on the isle with her thumb, and pointed at the ones nearest to her with the same thumb.

"Nearest foe Kevak. I need something with leverage. Think practical here please."

Shoot nearest foe and move up to them; try to perform horizontal axe kick to the chest.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:24:32 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 189