Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 111947 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - This is what happens when you play with fire
« Reply #1410 on: July 17, 2015, 12:48:20 am »

"Three recommended classes, a list of other classes."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 17, 2015, 12:49:37 am »

"Oh, cool. I can't wait. For this thing to stop not working."
thincake

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 17, 2015, 12:55:19 am »

Armach puts the rest of the potions in his backpack. (2 med health, 2 light health. Correct me if i'm wrong on the count) "If anyone needs one, don't hesitate to let me know."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 17, 2015, 12:55:56 am »

(GAH NINJAS)
(You should already have some XP? Also, didn't you chose monk as a class? I'm pretty sure I PM'd you the recommended classes, but there are far more classes than those, and it doesn't actually display the recommended ones unless you press [BUTTON]. We PM'd about this, I'm certain :c)

HugoLuman unscrews and downs half the med heal potion he'd been handed. He feels waves of cold and warmth around his injured areas, then downs the rest, and immediately starts to feel better. He feels function return to his arm, and the stabbing pain in the shoulder puncture decrease to a minor, dull ache. There is a soothing feeling on his cheek, and the pain in his abdomen decreases as well: his chronic pain from before he arrived here seems to have gone, though the feeling under the diaphragm from when he fell is still there, a bit. "Sorry to use one up. Just... it was really hurting. And, Tir, I wouldn't mind experimenting with potions, but what do we have to make bandages with?"

All this talk of classes made HugoLuman remember his, and, sure enough he sees he has not chosen yet. "Oh crap, I've forgotten about class!" He looks at the recommended ones that came up earlier, and picks "Ranger" after some consideration, unbeknownst of Tiruin's choice.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 17, 2015, 01:01:02 am »

((Nah, I chose Airbender :P))
"This is just embarrassing."
Adragis whacks the wrist thing with his hand. The screen blacks out for a second and then whirrs back to life.
"...please work."
thincake

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 17, 2015, 01:04:17 am »

((Nah, I chose Airbender :P))
"This is just embarrassing."
Adragis whacks the wrist thing with his hand. The screen blacks out for a second and then whirrs back to life.
"...please work."
The screen flashes System instability, please hold for a second, before showing We are sorry for the inconvenience and bringing up a the class selection screen.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:07 am »

Rolep waves him off. "You couldn't use your right arm. I just don't want us becoming reliant on them, is all. Though I guess it's good to get an idea of what the potions themselves consider medium...I'd like to keep the last medium, if I can. Might give me an idea of how to make it, once I get the skills for it."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 17, 2015, 04:44:43 am »

"Hey, Armach, can you give a one of those small potions?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 17, 2015, 04:52:23 am »

Noting the instance of 'potion', Tiruin remembered the hilarity of RPG potions being imbibed and chuckled to herself...somewhat giving the situation a very briefly awkward tone.

I wonder how our intestines derive 'healing' that way...

"Hey, whomever has those potions, could I have one? I'll try to improvise a bandage here and use that with it to wrap over your wounds." Logic is quite silly if this makes sense but...in fact, I wonder how long medical science will follow until those things will be in reality. Something to work for someday. New goal.

"And I can improvise spare clothing. Like my sleeves. Or my chestguard. I've no idea when'll be the next time I can wash them anyway, but you're all bloodied up!"

She made a double take at the very fact that Hugo drank a potion, and only noticed it after taking off her archery chest guard to wrap around his wounds.

"Huh, so they do work. Interesting."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 17, 2015, 05:30:58 am »

Noting the instance of 'potion', Tiruin remembered the hilarity of RPG potions being imbibed and chuckled to herself...somewhat giving the situation a very briefly awkward tone.

I wonder how our intestines derive 'healing' that way...

"Hey, whomever has those potions, could I have one? I'll try to improvise a bandage here and use that with it to wrap over your wounds." Logic is quite silly if this makes sense but...in fact, I wonder how long medical science will follow until those things will be in reality. Something to work for someday. New goal.

"And I can improvise spare clothing. Like my sleeves. Or my chestguard. I've no idea when'll be the next time I can wash them anyway, but you're all bloodied up!"

She made a double take at the very fact that Hugo drank a potion, and only noticed it after taking off her archery chest guard to wrap around his wounds.

"Huh, so they do work. Interesting."
(Upon Tiruin selecting a her class a little bit ago) Class selected: Ranger. Starting Ability: Danger Sense. A feeling for impending danger, such as hazardous areas or incoming attacks.

"Yes, things from this place seem to perform as labeled at least. Though I'd still be rather suspicious of them, so I wouldn't mind cleaning the wounds. Well, I think they might just be these scabs now. Um, but I think I promised you an explanation. Um. We all arrived here on that train, with no idea why or how, and we've explored some rooms in this area looking for a way out. We've found some interesting and frankly disturbing stuff, but not much luck on the escape front so far. Some of us were thinking it was a dream, but I really don't think so. Erm. Sorry, I'm still recovering from some very confusing and exhausting events, so my words might be a bit jumbled."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:34 am »

"Words. Words. Words. Understood words in the background but words which don't stick in Tiruin's memory. Words. Words. Words.Class selected: Ranger. Starting Ability: Danger Sense. A feeling for impending danger, such as hazardous areas or incoming attacks.Some of us were thinking it was a dream, but I really don't think so. Erm. Sorry, I'm still recovering from some very confusing and exhausting events, so my words might be a bit jumbled."[/color]
Ooo, so this does have data on Tolkien's works. Awesome! I'm taking this class!

"So there was no staff or this is some kind of "apocalyptic" or rather derelict train station? Weird..."

Tiruin took a moment to rehash the idea in her mind before noticing something that really intrigued her. Hugo mentioned the very idea of a dream being mentioned.

She held up her hand, covered with the faint bloodstain--caked, dried, and in its usual dark red coloration. A myriad number of thoughts began to swarm her mind.

"O-ok. So I'll be weird for a moment. You recognize this is a dream. Or this is real and I'm in a very strange place which mimics reality very well, though otherwise having very RPG-like elements to it. I'll default to saying this is the one of the most lucid dreams I'm having, unless anyone else can respond here. Anyway, that scary revelation done, I understand your point...

This is totally weird.

And totally AWESOME!

Tiruin felt weird because she was both in awe, and squee-ing in her thoughts about how awesome this could be--she could apply triage and do many other things! And people can DIE! ...That didn't sound right-

"-as in I understand the...um, depth of your point. But healing first. Potion please?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 17, 2015, 06:09:07 am »

HugoLuman keeps talking while waiting for Armach to hand her the potion, though he does take off his coat and roll up his polo-shirt sleeve to expose the rather large scab on his shoulder. "My dreams are never lucid. Well, except sometimes, just before I wake up. But I've never been able to read anything in dreams before, and there's been a lot of text, too. I suppose it depends on who's the dreamer, but I must say, this feels real to me. Too real..." He looks down. "Well, at least there's one positive to this, though even that's a bit unhappy. I suppose it's a unique experience at least. You remember our chats, right?"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 17, 2015, 06:50:57 am »

Adragis speaks absentmindedly, poring over the class list.
"The fact we're all from Bay12 just makes it better. It's like being in RotMG... but without any complicated character sheets."
He pronounces it 'rot-umm-guh'.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 17, 2015, 06:54:55 am »

((Quaffing the potion didn't resolve, but I assume I'm at least a little better now.))

"Speaking of experience, maybe we should now go finish up that Indiana Jones room and get the XP?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 17, 2015, 06:56:39 am »

"I'm not sure it's a dream... the ears and tail feel real... also, finally another woman..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 189