Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hopeless: Dispute Resolution (Mission 1)  (Read 2644 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopeless: Dispute Resolution (Mission 1)
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 12:08:30 pm »

Sonja does climb. SURVIVAL CHECK BONUS, HO
Black lives matter.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 03:32:28 pm »

Mm. So my Rage spell is a variation on the standard rage spell? When trapped in the construct, can I avoid harming anything in the real world by remaining still and ignoring everything in the construct? What are some of the properties of kyrite?

1) Yes.
2) You don't know, you haven't tried it out in the field yet.  You'll find out then.
3) [Arcane: 3+3] You haven't been able to really test kyrite before, but you know that it can alternately conduct and insulate against heat depending on how it is forged (you have not the slightest clue how that works) and that it can either empower or mess up spells (you also don't know how that works).

Sonja does climb. SURVIVAL CHECK BONUS, HO

[6+1 vs 10] [5+1, 5+1, 4+1, 6, 11] You lead the group over the treacherous snowdrift, and make some good headway before you feel the crumbling of ice and rock beneath you.  You shout a warning and everybody scrambles for safe footing, but only Talmyr is safely able to scramble back to the stable part of the ledge.  The rest of you are forced down the hillside, but each of you are able to grab onto rocks or hardy roots before plummeting to your deaths.  Tadisill, you narrowly duck a log that falls with the drift, one of several that had apparently been placed beneath the snowfall.

On the other hand, it's hard to hold on for dear life for long.  Ironically, now that the snowdrift has collapsed the path is clear - but only Talmyr is still on the path.  Everyone else is hanging on for dear life on a dangerously steep hillside.

How will you get out of this one?  If the plan takes more than a minute, everyone takes new Survival checks not to lose their grip.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

Sonja forces her way back onto solid ground.
Black lives matter.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 01:05:49 am »

"Help! I can't do pull-ups!"

Wait for someone to rescue me. If they attempt to rescue me, assist them in that attempt.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 01:19:01 am »

((Crap I forgot this was here

I'm here just give me a bit?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 04:47:14 am »

"Okay, maybe this wasn't such a great idea after all."

Let's just try and clamber/controllably slide safely down, all right?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:04:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 12:33:27 pm »

So long as it isn't a cliff, I should hope I could do a controlled slide.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 04:25:43 pm »

It is very nearly a cliff for about 50 feet beneath you (and 20ft above), then becomes a more gradual slope.

Sonja: [4+1] You try to force yourself up, but lose your footing and find yourself scrabbling for a hand-hold - you just manage to hold on to the cliffside, but your skin is burning with the effort.

Egil: [10+1] With some effort you manage to carefully clamber/slide down the steepest part of the cliff until you reach a merely difficult incline.

Tadisill: [8+1] You also manage to control your descent enough to make it to "steep" instead of "horizontal vertical" and get your footing.

Tadisill and Egil are now at the highest point on the valley slope one can safely stand, about 50ft beneath Sonja and Sinimis, who are themselves another 20ft beneath the ledge/trail where Talmyr is standing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:27:14 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 04:32:18 pm »

"I'd offer to catch you people, but I don't think I can do that without you squashing me. So I'll just step off for a bit and offer moral support."

Egil, as we all know, is a man of his word. Though maybe he'll also look around for something that could help the people on the cliff break their fall.

So, is the path ahead clear now?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 04:33:20 pm »

Sonja attempts to power through anyway! Fuck pain! FUCK THIS CLIFF!
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 05:31:15 pm »

((Do you mean Vertical? Horizontal is sideways/flat :P))

Tadisill prepares to catch or try and at least cushion Sonja's inevitable fall. "Anyvun haff rope?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 01:25:11 am »

"Guys, I'm going to do something risky! If I start attacking you guys, please don't kill me!."

Cast Rage on myself, and use the power of rage to strengthen myself enough to pull me onto the path.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 01:47:37 am »

Tadisill prepares to catch or try and at least cushion Sonja's inevitable fall. "Anyvun haff rope?"

"I don't recall us buying any, so I'd guess not!"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 11:50:27 am »

"I'd offer to catch you people, but I don't think I can do that without you squashing me. So I'll just step off for a bit and offer moral support."

Egil, as we all know, is a man of his word. Though maybe he'll also look around for something that could help the people on the cliff break their fall.

So, is the path ahead clear now?

The path is clear, but you are 70ft below it.  You can try and walk through the valley to the frozen jetty where iron is barged from during warmer climes - there are probably steps up to the mine from there.  It will take a bit longer, but you should get there.

Sonja attempts to power through anyway! Fuck pain! FUCK THIS CLIFF!

[4+1+1] You let out a roar of rage and frustration and drag yourself up the cliff, trying to use sheer anger to replace actual handholds.  It... doesn't work out for you.  You lose your grip and start to crash down the almost-cliff...

"Guys, I'm going to do something risky! If I start attacking you guys, please don't kill me!."

Cast Rage on myself, and use the power of rage to strengthen myself enough to pull me onto the path.

[12!+3 (Rage!)] You allow your mental barriers to relax and feel your body flood with incandescent rage.  You let out a howl of wrath and exultation and begin clawing your way up the cliff with limitless vigour.  As you near the top, you see Sonja fall, but with an effortless display of strength you grab her with one hand and throw her up onto the path, where she lands with little more than some scratches, bruises and a little wounded pride.  You heave yourself up onto the path with little more effort -

- and promptly collapse, comatose, onto the path.

[Arcane: 7+3] You are trapped in a burning building, children and eggs roasting on all sides.  There is a twisted laughter coming from the walls and the flames, but you are fortunately in the entrance hall of the orphanage.  The front doors are just at the end of the hall, although there is a measure of burning wreckage in the way.  How shall you escape?

Sinimis is unconscious on the upper pathway.  Sonja and Talmyr are with him.  Egil and Tadisill are 70ft below, at the base of the near-cliff.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 11:59:55 am »

Sonja climbs to her feet, rubbing at her bruises, and stares incredulously at Sinimis.
"What could he have possibly done to be able to toss me like that...?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3