Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Videogame Awards  (Read 2099 times)

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Videogame Awards
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:33:29 pm »

I do not know if this has been done before and if it has, I am sorry, but  I want to do it somewhere where there is a good community that won't make me want to completely die after we get into an argument in a thread.
   So this is an awards show, I will name a prize eg. Best graphics, best controls and the sort, we will vote on what game we feel is the best game to suit the award and whatever game wins by majority will win that award.
   The next award we will be voting on is the "Muahahahaha" Award for Most Evil Villiain.
   If no one votes I will just not do this and we will call it a good attempt, anything you need to know is below.
==================================================================================================
Hall Of Fame:

First +1: Sambojin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Nothing User-Created:
   Basically if I say “Best Platformer” you cannot say Minecraft
because you know this guy who made a map where the platforming is awesome, it has to be integrated into the game by the devs for it to be counted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Arguing:
   When a contest ends it is done, no complaining because everyone voted on a game that you don't like because majority rules here
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One Nomination per Person
    Is that not obvious?
Just Have Fun:
   This is all just a fun way to see what everyone likes in there favorite games

Way to Vote:
   Your Reply should look like this:
   Name of Game

Reason and Comments

Just help me out by making sure I can tell clearly what game you are voting please. Also, please no simply +1 on a comment,please just say the game, I will not count your vote if it is not in the format that is shown above!!!!! Have Fun!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:46:12 pm by LordPyrrole »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 05:52:29 pm »

+1

Booyah! The Winner for the first +1 goes to: Sambojin!!!!!!

"I'd like to thank all the smartarses, the people behind the scenes that try and wrangle these sorts of threads into a vaguely reasonable discussion, and all the little people. The ones with axes made of candy."

More seriously, what's the first category going to be?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:55:42 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

I said it in the tap, I probably should have made it bold in hind sight... The first category is the "How Does That Work?" Award For Hardest puzzles.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:56:42 pm »

Spacechem

The puzzles are hard, fun and fair.  And if I was allowed to include user-created content, I would point to Volume 1, Issue 8-1 : Chlorination of the ResearchNet levels, which I never managed to figure out.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

Can I nominate the entire Myst series?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:59:59 pm »

Hahaha, another thing I should have remembered to clarify, you can only nominate one game in any series, I didn't think Myst was a puzzle game but I've never played it so what do I know. And thanks for replying, tried this on my other forum and no one liked it.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 06:02:05 pm »

I'll nominate the original Myst.

Some of the puzzles are brutal.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:13:02 pm by Dutrius »
Sig text

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 06:04:55 pm »

One more thing, I will probably announce the winner of a award and post a new one every 2-3 days because I would get bored if it was any longer...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 06:06:40 pm »

I'd probably nominate The Incredible Machine 2.

It had plenty of good puzzle layouts, sometimes required a bit of lateral thinking, was deterministic enough that it wasn't a random hit'n'hope on the physics engine, and had a puzzle creator so more levels were available. The graphics were bright and cheery and it ran fine on everything faster than a Pentium. I still dosbox it today on my phone at times. A small step up from its predecessor with the extra parts and level designer, but still solid today.

I'll give a secondary nomination for Lemmings.

One of the best, most original puzzlers of its time. Infuriating and timing based, but still holds up quite well today on tablets, phones, etc. Has a million sequels (with Lemmings 2: the Tribes being my fave), but I'll nominate part 1 for the very cool concept, way back when.

Edit: whatever, I nominated two. This will probably happen a lot. Get used to it :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:09:32 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 06:08:05 pm »

Okay finally realizing that I have some re-editing to do, one nomination per person, god I am bad at thinking of the rules when I need to.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »

I'll nominate the original Myst then. Some of the puzzles are brutal.
Hehehe, you didn't play Riven. Despite the fact that most people who played Myst at the time didn't figure out the Lighthouse Rotation (one of the first puzzles), you'd think from playing Riven that the main complaint about Myst was that it was too easy.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »

I haven't played Riven.
Sig text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 06:56:55 pm »

I nominate the COOP levels from Portal 2. They start easy, but with 4 portals to work with they get HARD later on.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:05 pm »

Let me clarify this again for people who were not listening, to get me to count your vote post it as

I nominate: Name or just Name

Then put your comments below.

Leave a few spaces that way I can tell if its a comment or your nomination because it's easier this way, if you post in another way from now on it will not be counted to your game's score.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 10:39:54 pm »

Ok, I have an idea and I want your opinion, should we do more than one catagory, like not everyone knows what they think the hardest puzzle game is, but they might know what the coolest gun is, or best combat system, or something like that, so would it be better if I did more than one, give me your opinion please.
Pages: [1] 2 3