Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Shadow of Earth  (Read 12850 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Shadow of Earth
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

Unbeknownst to the pair conversing (and to a snarky GM), Titus had been observing the two, ready to jump in, in case anything went wrong. He was debating just going in and pulling him out, but he wanted to see how it panned out as well as avoiding having a fight breakout in a populated area.

(("nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes, and that No is making essences" --Ben Franklin.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2015, 04:13:48 pm »

"To the Cafee, then. I must admit, I'm quite eager to hear about your work as well, ma'am."

And with that, they're off to have a charming lunch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2015, 04:29:14 pm »

They take a seat in the "cafee" and await service, as indicated by an alien sign inside.
"It is ze military life, qvuite dull I am sure, but one does get to see ze galaxy. So tell me, are you traveling alone?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »

"The military life is anything but dull, ma'am. An orbital drop, for instance, ever had one of those? Most exhilarating. And bombardments are none too shabby as well, especially with good targeting software and nuclear munitions. It's a good day when you can see the damage you've done from orbit, I would say. But that's my own experience, naturally. I imagine deployments around these parts would indeed be a little less exciting. Seems like a bit of a backwater, honestly," Facechewer comments affably. "You were inbound from... Earth, yes? Is that particularly far from, er, what was it, ah, Alpha Centauri?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2015, 05:04:02 pm »

"Yes, zat is vere ve are now. About 4 lightyears or so from home, I should think. Ve are here on a... diplomatic mission. It has been a vile since ve last had an uprising, or a good glassink. Say, do you know zis person in ze powered exoskeleton?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2015, 05:29:16 pm »

Koi at this point doesn't look remotely human. One would describe him as freakishly tall and thin, limbs being creepily long as well. Think slender man but worse. He opens his mouth, cracking it, jaw now seemingly capable of opening unnaturally wide. His neck is abnormally long as well, seemingly having three joints in it based on how he can move his head. His arms appear to have two joints rather than one now. The fingers are more along the lines of segmented talons, at least ten joints in each. All double jointed. A number of glyphs flicker across his skin at any given moment. For someone educated in KX9 culture, they would identify those as Thoughtweft. A writing system designed by the KX9 to express every possible shade of emotion shared along the groupmind. Koi's glyphs are just reading out his current emotional state. Those versed in KX9 would know that Thoughtweft patterns are relatively common among KX9 civvies.

Koi rises to his feet, not using his arms at all. Back cracking loudly. He then proceeds to crack each and every joint one by one.

"Done."

"This sufficiently nonhuman?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:34:51 pm by Kevak »

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2015, 05:30:49 pm »

Titus clears his throat and walks up to the pair."I'm an associate of his." He grabs a nearby chair and sits backwards in it with the back the chair facing the table with his arms folded over it. "I'm Titus Maccius Curio, Prima Centurion of the Terran Imperial Legion, Aquila Division." He extends a hand.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2015, 05:39:58 pm »

Koi at this point doesn't look remotely human. One would describe him as freakishly tall and thin, limbs being creepily long as well. Think slender man but worse. He opens his mouth, cracking it, jaw now seemingly capable of opening unnaturally wide. His neck is abnormally long as well, seemingly having three joints in it based on how he can move his head. His arms appear to have two joints rather than one now. The fingers are more along the lines of segmented talons, at least ten joints in each. All double jointed. A number of glyphs flicker across his skin at any given moment. For someone educated in KX9 culture, they would identify those as Thoughtweft. A writing system designed by the KX9 to express every possible shade of emotion shared along the groupmind. Koi's glyphs are just reading out his current emotional state. Those versed in KX9 would know that Thoughtweft patterns are relatively common among KX9 civvies.

Koi rises to his feet, not using his arms at all. Back cracking loudly. He then proceeds to crack each and every joint one by one.

"Done."

"This sufficiently nonhuman?"

"Eh. Probably. I'd make the skin a little weirder." The Traveler pokes a panel, and it opens to reveal a compartment containing a soft pressure suit with a convoluted headpiece. He starts putting it on over his clothes.

Titus clears his throat and walks up to the pair."I'm an associate of his." He grabs a nearby chair and sits backwards in it with the back the chair facing the table with his arms folded over it. "I'm Titus Maccius Curio, Prima Centurion of the Terran Imperial Legion, Aquila Division." He extends a hand.
Frida raises an eyebrow at this proclamation but takes the hand and shakes it. She has a rather strong grip. "So, you are human zen as vell?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »

The skin takes on a slightly transparent tinge, veins and muscles vaguely visible through it. As well as some metallics.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2015, 05:43:31 pm »

"An old man can hardly travel alone safely these days, wouldn't you say? Titus is a fine fellow, if a bit overly concerned about my safety. Titus, this is Frida Altschüler. I'm afraid the madame's rank has not come up in conversation, yet. We're having lunch, you see."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »

The Traveler fishes a pair of oven mitts out of his duffel and puts them on over the thin, fitted gloves of the environment suit. A laughably bad disguise, some might say, but he doesn't seem to give off the indicative thermals of a human anyways, and the mitts and headgear disguise the number of digits or facial features that might lie underneath. "Right then."

"An old man can hardly travel alone safely these days, wouldn't you say? Titus is a fine fellow, if a bit overly concerned about my safety. Titus, this is Frida Altschüler. I'm afraid the madame's rank has not come up in conversation, yet. We're having lunch, you see."
"Yes, vy don't you take a seat, Titus? I'm sure ve vould be more noticeable to ze staff vith three."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2015, 06:00:12 pm »

((Titus is already seated.)) "Sounds good."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

Koi exits the box and pings the surrounding area for psions.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »

"Quite. So, how is Earth, anyway? Can't say I've ever been to the place myself," Facechewer relates. He hadn't really heard of it before either, to be honest, but that seemed like an impolite thing to say about someone's planet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »

"Quite. So, how is Earth, anyway? Can't say I've ever been to the place myself," Facechewer relates. He hadn't really heard of it before either, to be honest, but that seemed like an impolite thing to say about someone's planet.
"Really? Vell, I hope you haff ze chance to go sometime. Ze jewel of ze galaxy, no doubt! A center of exqvisite culture and technological genius. Pristine natural splendor, too."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17