Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69

Author Topic: Persona: Gaiden - OOC - Waitlist Open - Who's the MC?  (Read 61548 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Gaiden - OOC - Taking players!
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »

Those actually fit together rather well, I would say. She's a support character, like a teacher or somesuch. The staff advisor for the club or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »

What Rolepgeek said. Also, you seem to want to make a support character who wouldn't actually participate in missions other than telling the team what the enemy is weak to. Not to mention the age problem, as she would need some justification to interact with the other PCs.

Well if Yuri gets in they're kinda...

Well, she's Yuri's only friend. XD

So there's that. Though yeah I was about to point out that there are sheets in the OP.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2015, 07:35:42 pm »

She can also work at the same Cafe/Lounge that nadeko works at :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2015, 07:36:28 pm »

Oldest person is Sachi (17) and she's in the year above, most likely. At least, from cursory inspection, not counting the two teachers.

Also, better leave the support shit to the GM, if only because knowing what the enemies can do without GM approval....doesn't tend to end well.

There IS a Support character sheet though. It's Kyousuke's in the Millennium thread.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »

Actually, I just reread the character sheet: Apparently she's a student. Then the age becomes an issue again. She's older than literally everyone else, and doesn't have as much reason to talk to them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2015, 07:37:47 pm »

Oldest person is Sachi (17) and she's in the year above, most likely. At least, from cursory inspection, not counting the two teachers.

Also, better leave the support shit to the GM, if only because knowing what the enemies can do without GM approval....doesn't tend to end well.

PMs, bro. PMs.

Also, Spoiler tags.

Or however else Twin would want to run it.

Though like the sheet says Judgement is unholy bullshit if it's a combat persona, since the main progression of it is almighty.

though with this one being much less lore-friendly than the one she came from that's not as much of an issue since Wing can just say iris is totes hama-based or whatever.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:00 pm »

Doesn't Affinity determine moves gained and not Arcana, at least under this system?

If anything, in this system, as Judgement boosts Strength gain and nerfs Spirit, giving them Almighty attacks might not be the best course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:09 pm »

PMs, bro. PMs.

Also, Spoiler tags.

Though like the sheet says Judgement is unholy bullshit if it's a combat persona, since the main progression of it is almighty.

though with this one being much less lore-friendly than the one she came from that's not as much of an issue since Wing can just say iris is totes hama-based or whatever.

Actually, here, Judgment just means +Str, -Spi.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »

Indeed it does.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »

PMs, bro. PMs.

Also, Spoiler tags.

Actually, here, Judgment just means +Str, -Spi.

Yeah, like I said with this specific system you can just lie about what abilities they usually get, so it's less of a problem.

In the games though being naturally Judgement would be hella bullshit because its main affinity is the 'fuck you you take massive damage' element.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2015, 07:42:29 pm »

Kinda ignored the actual Persona progressions given that they applied to a Wild Card, which nobody is in this group, as that would be hella OP.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »

Kinda ignored the actual Persona progressions given that they applied to a Wild Card, which nobody is in this group, as that would be hella OP.

To be fair the party members had them too

And EVERY JUDGEMENT PERSONA was like that.

almost none of them had actual elemental attacks, just Almighty-spam.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

Yeah, I know, why the fuck did you think I ignored them?

Otherwise the poor fuck who picked Fool would be screwed until lategame while the guy with Judgement basically wins. :P

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2015, 07:51:14 pm »

Holy SHIT all the responses. Oookay. Yeah I admit to only skimming the op since I got a TL;DR version from the friend that wanted me to join. Admittedly my fault.

Now to try and respond chronologically heah. /deep breath.

Yeah. Mostly a support character. Though I figure even if the persona has no attack skills there's no saying you can't just stay back and shoot bitches with a bow or some such while also doing your tactical support job. Y'know? There's a reason we have weapons.

Yeah those skills were mostly what I had in mind. Not intended to necissarily start with.

The age problem is in fact not a problem. I specifically looked it up. 18 is the oldest you tend to be in japaneese highschool.
First year is between 15-16, second 16-17 and last year 17-18. Depends on when you are born and/or start school.

As for weather or not judgement be craycray or not, that only really matters if the persona actually has attack abilities. Same with stats. If you'd prefer I can add them. Similarly, I can change Iris from a scanner to something else if you like. This was all just my initial idea and first draft.

The character is not a wild card. Judgement is an applicable social link. It's just been group links in the last two games.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2015, 07:52:36 pm »

Yeah, I know, why the fuck did you think I ignored them?

Otherwise the poor fuck who picked Fool would be screwed until lategame while the guy with Judgement basically wins. :P

Guy who ran the game these characters were originally from... didn't.

So Wingalicious here took Judgement and then made the character the scanner JUST SO SOMEONE WOULDN'T GET ANY BRIGHT IDEAS.

Not so important this time, but that's the plan.

Also, hi, I'm friend-who-wanted-Wing-to-Join.

He's awesome, I can vouch.

he makes me look like scrub in the actual RP department.

Also, as said before, Yuri will be the half-dead, cancerous bridge if they're both in the game :P I'm sure we can find a thing. Also, as said earlier, just make a SEED-like or have them in a club.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69