Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 69

Author Topic: Persona: Gaiden - OOC - Waitlist Open - Who's the MC?  (Read 61347 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Gaiden - OOC - Waitlist Open - Who's the MC?
« Reply #690 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:57 am »

Isn't Almighty one of the two that has health halving?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 01, 2015, 10:53:25 am »

I'm guessing it's because the physical characters are meant to be tanks, more often, or something, judging by that Regeneration?

I dunno. It just seems strange to me, especially since it costs you a resource that gets depleted anyway. We can always change it so they're a bit more fair and have their own set of advantages (really odd that the physical attacks are the ones that can't knock you down, though).

Anyway, sheet changes done, basically. Now to have Daniel actually meet some people after the fight... :'(
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:53 am »

I'm guessing it's because the physical characters are meant to be tanks, more often, or something, judging by that Regeneration?

I dunno. It just seems strange to me, especially since it costs you a resource that gets depleted anyway. We can always change it so they're a bit more fair and have their own set of advantages (really odd that the physical attacks are the ones that can't knock you down, though).

Anyway, sheet changes done, basically. Now to have Daniel actually meet some people after the fight... :'(
Some enemies are weak to different types of physical, at least in this system, and criticals knock enemies down unless they're immune to knock down altogether or resist the element of the attack.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:01 am »

Isn't Almighty one of the two that has health halving?

Not by innate virtue, no. Though there are unique moves that deal almighty damage.

Wouldn't call those almighty spells, though. They're more like... unique spells.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 01, 2015, 11:13:54 am »

Comic relief
No sig yet

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 01, 2015, 11:14:56 am »

Well. First time summons are sometimes rough.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19:25 am »

I think that physical was the only one that can knock down humans and enemies.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 01, 2015, 11:21:52 am »

I think that physical was the only one that can knock down humans and enemies.
If you hit a weakness, they go down, magic or physical. If physical crits, they get knocked down unless they resist the type of physical.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:18 am »

I'm pretty sure that the only attacks with a chance of knockdown regardless of actual weakness are Physical.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:52 am »

Well. First time summons are sometimes rough.
I was doing it because of fear. Once the adrenaline surge comes down and you realize you just tried to distract a giant thing that could very very easily have killed you without much more than a second thought by goading it into doing so...and more, once you realize that people are dying to these and the only way to stop it is to fight...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:45 am »

Pretty sure most characters who woke their Personae up are either out for a week or at least incredibly weakened.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:46 am »

Pretty sure most characters who woke their Personae up are either out for a week or at least incredibly weakened.
...not for a week, I think, but IIRC Persona 3 protag was out for a while after that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 01, 2015, 11:31:32 am »

All the more reason then. Excellent.

Feels good to be tough.

Oh, I realized the other reason the damage reduction kinda needs to be shifted around. Right now, everyone has the same damage reduction, it's only a matter of whether more of it is against magic or physical attacks. Since it just adds, you know?

Although, 1d20 would make critical hits significantly more common...maybe that's not a bad thing, though? I dunno. Could add a second die to test for critical hits or something but that adds more die rolling which is the opposite of making life easier for Twinwolf. Hmmmm...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 01, 2015, 11:32:39 am »

Ya'll type too quick. Trying to have some character ovah heah! /fistshake

...not for a week, I think, but IIRC Persona 3 protag was out for a while after that.

This varies.

The MC was the only one with that issue in P3. In P4 no one had any trouble at all.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 69