Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)  (Read 9337 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »

Good call. That will be the way we do it. I will make that in a minute, I'm working on some rl stuff right now. The link is in the OP.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:58:02 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

I'm calling dibs and I will post god and island soon

Here it is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:40:15 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »

Due to the slowness of the monster thing, I'm just going to move us to turn 2. Everyone gets 3 bonus divinity (should have 5 including your 2 for you people/shrine) to get this game rolling. The monster battles for turn 1 are now for turn two, but otherwise unchanged.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2015, 01:31:00 pm »

Ok,now I give the creebs a ballista to put on the shrine
After they do that,have them finish fortifing their village
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Gryffindork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2015, 09:36:35 pm »

Today was a very special day in the village. Sheela had been receiving various prayers from villagers for a week all blessing the soon to be newly weds. The ceremony would take place around noon on the edge of the forest near the new shrine. The werefoxes all brought offerings of food and drink and fabrics and beads to the goddess. They also brought food for the animals in the woods near by to keep them close during the wedding. Sheela stood by in the forest, her slender body hidden by the trees while the couple said their vows. The priestess performing the ceremony asked for Sheela's blessing and as she did so the goddess touched each person with a warm summery breeze to let them know they were all cared for by her. The priestess finished the ceremony and pronounced the new couple lifetime partners. After the ceremony the whole tribe got together in the center of the village and held a huge feast in honor of the newly weds. The foxes drank and ate and danced and played music as late into the night as they pleased while the warriors kept watch over the party keeping all the creatures the commotion would draw at bay. Marriages were an important event to the fox people and their goddess always made an appearance in one way or another during this grand celebration of love that is stronger than life and death.

The goddess blesses a wedding

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2015, 11:04:58 pm »

So I was looking through the thread and I get 50 tribes people, well since it matters for me I have: 1 Queen, 1 priest, 20 workers, 4 scouts, 18 warriors and 6 archers.

My priest instructs the workers to build a shrine out of the bones of creatures that the hunting party brings back, and dig defensive trenches, in the big clearing that is by the lake, around the Queen in every direction, he puts the scouts on watch above the camp along with 2 archers and 8 warriors, he also sends 4 archers and 10 warriors to hunt but not go out too far, as much as the tribe would love to cleanse the island of everything but them they also value cunning and don't make stupid decisions, they are already tempting fate as it is.

Collect any divinity Noma has and enter the coliseum games, watch my tribes actions but do not interfere, not yet at least

The tribe awoke, their Queen surveyed the surviving members from the end times, just 50 members remained of a group that once numbered millions.  Ragrara called out for Barathur, the small priest rushed over to serve his queen. With a voice that contained both a growl and chittering legs she asked him, "Has Noma contacted us?" All he could do was shake his head, "Then we survive and adapt, prepare a camp and a shrine, we will bring the glory of Noma to this new land, send a hunting pack, food is a necessity, for the glory of Noma." All around the various voices of the tribe responded, "for the glory of Noma," the only sentence most of them knew how to say.  Ragrara knew this land, it was dangerous and offered no aid in the forms of tools, good thing The Tribe needed none.  Survive and evolve, survive and adapt, the old motto for when the Tribe was numberless, it would serve them well now.

Noma looked down on the survivors of her Tribe, 50 members, but Ragara wasn't dumb and Barathur was cunning, her Tribe would survive, she was pretty sure of it, and the reward was great if they did.  The 50 survivors would rebuild the Tribe to the numberless hoard it once was, and it would conquer island after island, and the Tribe would prosper.  Noma turned and looked towards the colliseum, monster battles were happening curtesy of a major god, and Noma had every intention of winning them all, her Tribe would conquer and slaughter, blood for the blood god.

Barathur listened to his Queen, they survived, one part of the Tribe that once numbered billions, once he was part of a concil of priests and now he was the only one left.  "For the glory of Noma." He turned to the workers and ordered them to start digging trenches around the Queen, he picked the 10 best warriors and the 4 best archers to hunt knowing that it was likely he wouldn't see them all again, the rest he set to guard, they had to be prepared in case they were attacked, he set the scouts to fly above, away from the trees, they would be warned of a beast decided to attack.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:38:17 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2015, 12:20:42 am »

Do we all have exactly 50 tribemembers, or does it vary depending on racial attributes? If 50, My tribe is 1 Queen, 1 Princess, 1 Prince, 12 Warriors, and 35 Drones.

In any case...

The Hive was abuzz with activity. Their God had appeared, and appointed the Princess as his mouthpiece. The Queen was not perfectly happy with this, but what was, was. Knowledge was received, from their sacrifices, some portion of the precious food given to the God who now ruled them. For the knowledge he gave was invaluable; if one placed food beneath the earth, and kept it wet, and allowed it to grow warm in the sun, it would become more food. If one placed mulched up corpses and excrement on top, it could turn them into food, better, less sickening, than eating the corpses if they were not fresh. Soon, the food left on the island would be made to grow more food, and the Hive could become strong. Rain was not in limited supply, after all...the only question was how long it would take until the food grew...and how long until the first eggs hatched.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2015, 12:41:37 am »

ptw
(i was actually thinking about joining this i even though up a unique island,god,and tribe but then realized three
things that would be inhibitors to that possibility
1.i counld't think of any real personality  that seem like it would go good with concept i immagined
2.i don't know if i could write my actions in even a semi-platable way
3.i couldn't think of any reason for my followers to actually  need the god i invented )

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2015, 12:58:15 am »

Do we all have exactly 50 tribemembers, or does it vary depending on racial attributes? If 50, My tribe is 1 Queen, 1 Princess, 1 Prince, 12 Warriors, and 35 Drones.

In any case...

The Hive was abuzz with activity. Their God had appeared, and appointed the Princess as his mouthpiece. The Queen was not perfectly happy with this, but what was, was. Knowledge was received, from their sacrifices, some portion of the precious food given to the God who now ruled them. For the knowledge he gave was invaluable; if one placed food beneath the earth, and kept it wet, and allowed it to grow warm in the sun, it would become more food. If one placed mulched up corpses and excrement on top, it could turn them into food, better, less sickening, than eating the corpses if they were not fresh. Soon, the food left on the island would be made to grow more food, and the Hive could become strong. Rain was not in limited supply, after all...the only question was how long it would take until the food grew...and how long until the first eggs hatched.

I think it matters more for us and the undeath guy since not all of our people are the same physically.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

In any case...

Everyone has 50 starting ones, every 5 turns populations increase based on the species and what you've done over those turns.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:04:27 am by Spiderking50 »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2015, 09:56:52 am »

~snip~

If you have looked down at your tribe, you should notice that it currently has 50 people. This is the starting number and will grow every few turns naturally, or by divine intervention.

@Ozarck: Accepted.

So do we start with 50 people or not?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2015, 11:04:56 am »

Yes. 50 to start, more latter.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2015, 11:37:27 am »

As the turtlemen have managed to catch a gorilla, they wander uphill towards the mound of the volcano. Up ahead lies a rocky path and many wondrous plants are seen on this trail. The leader, Qurto, is tireless, as his tribe is slowly wandering the slope. While they are wandering they are chanting the song of movement. This intricate song has been passed on to the next generation for the past ten thousand years, and tireless they sing it still. This beautiful song, which grows longer and longer in each generation, is a way to record history for the turtlemen, and recently the last verse was added which explained the shattering. Today they are adding just another verse, as they want to weave the arrival of a god and the sacrifice of a gorilla to said god into the cultural history of their tribe.

As the tribe reaches the mound, the gigantic crater, of the volcano, they begin circling it. Krato begins mumbling good words of sacrifice as his apprentices begin burning herbs they have gathered on their trail up. The rest of the tribe begins humming and moving slowly in wavelike movements.

"Greetings and praise to Rapustin our God. May your fire give us warmth and burn our enemies. May our path be lucky, so we can praise your name for the next twenty generations. Take this gorilla as your own, and accept us as your own. We are nothing to your incomparable awe."
He begins placing moonrocks and his spear, in a pentagram, next to the mouth of the volcano. The strong hunters bring the gorilla corpse in a slow and elegant manner towards Krato. Qruto begins humming more loudly. The corpse is given to the trancing Krato, who walks the final five steps to the edge. In a final gesture he throws the corpse into the volcano, and as the corpse reaches the magma Rapustin can feel satisfaction inside of his stomach.

Delighted by his tribe, Rapustin visits them anew. His face appears in the smoke of the volcano.
"Tribe, you are to offer me sacrifices on a regular basis. When the moon is full, you shall sacrifice an animal comparable to the gorilla to me. In the meantime you can build a ritualistic platform surrounding the mouth of the volcano. Furthermore I bless you with the knowledge of the flintrock."
Rapustin teaches the tribe the proper way of using the flintrock to make fire and disappears in a puff of smoke.

Qruto speaks to his tribe: "You have heard Rapustin, let us begin with the construction. Gather rocks, smooth them out, and the construction shall be overseen by Krato and his apprentices."

The tribe is excited, as this tiny island has little to offer to amuse them, and a project is a good way to stay busy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »

Huginn Muninn revisits his people and gathers them once more at Focus. "It is time to prepare yourselves. We must grow, and so you must grow in number. So become numerous. Arm yourselves against the darkness and that which lurks within. Build now observatories to See that which lies without." Huginn Muninn gives instructions on how to build eyes and ears into the Outer, and gives his people material for weapons with which to do battle within the tunnels. The people did work in unison, leaving behind their individual interests to take up the great work. And together, they grew.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2015, 11:28:25 pm »

So how much time is a turn? I mean how many days/months/years? With popgrowth happening every 5 turns it would come down to, for baseline humans, something like 3 years? 

"Wohhooooo" Angus shouted as he dove through the piece of sky, spreading his arms and legs and with that the taut membranes of his wingsuit. He had sprung from the cliffs ledge close to his Gods workshop, tethered to a rope so he wouldnt fall of the island. Sailing downwards he aimed for another rope full of bloater that last nights windstorm had ripped of its anchoring point.

The line was almost ripe for its first tapping, all 25 bloaters were now in there 3rd year and had swollen considerably in the last months accumulating more and more gas. The herders not only used the gas for cooking but also as lights during the dark nights, illuminating the clifface with few dozen lanterns.

Falling into the light blue, wind rushed by Angus ears, here was the right place to be! Humans might not have been build for the air but they gave a fuck and conquered it anyway. Dominating the air was their biggest advantage even if the technique was stolen from the flying squirrels of the cityforrest but even before that they had employed kites of many shapes and used falcons to catch fat waterfowl that fed on the clouds of drifting algae. Just like such a falcon Angus shot down to the rope, stalling in the last second to catch the lazily drifting end.

The bloaters natural buoyancy stopped him almost gently as latched onto the 3 finger thick rope and he dared to breath deeper then before, the best part was over now. The only thing left to do was to wave the green scarf he had tucked under his shirt signalling the others to reel him in again.

Goibniu had watched the spectacle from the window of his "shrine", if you wanted to describe the workshop as that. Cutting, sewing and glueing he was working on a grand idea, an idea that would get his people of this rock and to other rocks! Soon they could trade with the other tribes maybe find out what these omnious "Forefathers" were up to.

"His" people learned so much over the last years, the new houses along the cliff for example were mostly woven* structures, like little spidernets and cocoons from the kudzu vines. The more woody vines were soaked in water and cooked till they were plyable enough to be bend. The result were spars, curved and straight that worked as frames for a good many things. They even had expanded theyr vine-yards considerably planting them all along the edge of the island only to let them grow wild till it was time to harvest increasing the amount of building material as much as possible.

Must have been his natural influence on people that gave them the idea to build houses just like theyr chairs and other furniture.

On the other hand his people didnt really have much to work with so a little bit of craftyness was to expected, gathering wood from the city was a dangerous idea with all the many dangerous things that waited under the foilage.
Once in a while a heave armed hunting party would go out trapping a few rats and squirrels for pelts and leather. Sometimes they brought in a bit old rebar from the ruins which was forged by one of the elders into new tools and weapons, that same old nut thaught the kids how to do it.
Even then though theyr weapons were mostly made of wood, spears with steel-tips, "swords" that consisted of a curved vine with an inset strip of steel that acted as edge** and bows with firehardened arrows. Metal of any shape or kind was hard to come by these days.

His 13 fingers stoped working, their tips bleeding just a little from the occasional picking with the dove-bone needle. "Yeah that might work." he said looking at the sealed fabric spanning over the wooden frame, project "hot air balloon" being well under way. 

"Time to get some divinity." was his next though as he got up making a note to go to the "Divinity Distribution Center" as well as the "Celestial Information Center" to find the next years "Incentives". 

Goibniu is on his way to the DDC and CIC (possible place's to meet chat & trade)

* like Basket-weaving
**like a curved single-edged Macuahuitl

OOC:
Quick question for the players: I guess the swarm and Chickens are natural fliers? The undead, werefoxes and lightningmonkeys seem to be unable to move around to other islands as off yet. Although the Fog could create a few new servants when he/she/it chooses to move itself to a new place.

Anyone keen on making on having a map?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10