Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Rise of the Fingerlings IC: Ambush!  (Read 10941 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Rise of the Fingerlings IC: Ambush!
« on: June 23, 2015, 07:42:24 pm »

Lush leaves flowed above the serene Fingerling town of Jeaha, completely sheltered from the chaos happening around them. Lolgrammoth, a powerful god of the void, entrapped Northsdale in a dark bubble which isolated it from the mortal realm. The Fingerling people inhabiting Northsdale have no choice but to simple wait; they weren't affected as much as the human populace, for famine was not a problem to them. They simply continued with routine, as nothing monstrous or evil ever bothered the small town.
Until now.

BOOM
A colossal flare of green light exploded from the City Hall, followed by screams moving incoherently through the fall of green sparks. Darkness reigned over Jeaha as another explosion sounded from one of the homes in the Northwestern district, green light flaring through the night as a deep shaking sound resonated. The wooden buildings flamed in green fire, roaring and cackling as structure toppled down in plumes of smoke and dirt. From the chaos stood a tall figure, around the height of two Fingerlings; he wore mythril armor and the eyeholes glowed a light green hue as plumes of green light circled around him. He drew back his hand as a glowing green orb of condensed power formed into his palm; he threw it, deep power resonating as it struck a watchtower, causing it to explode and erupt in green light.
   "What better laboratory than the bloodsoaked battlefield?" he roared and laughed, his voice deep and sinister, "What better chaos than the chaos of fire?"
He paced around the top of the flaming City Hall, standing on the single pillar of brick which the giant clock was mounted on. He gazed around, admiring his work.
 "WHAT BETTER BLOOD SPILLED THAN THAT OF THE INNOCENT?"

Francine, Kyomi, and Tavros grouped by the City Hall, squinting at the figure as Chtz joined beside them along with other people- wait, no. Two figures. The destroyer of the buildings held by the collar a Fingerling woman wearing blue and white robes, unconscious. It was only when the green light falter did Francine truly see who the woman was.
It was Kiora Nahzlow, the town healer; Francine's mentor and guardian, the person whom she spent many years of her life with.
  "This healer shall be an excellent sacrifice.. a pawn for the player, a trade for TRUE POWER! This woman's legacy shall end in five nights when the Sacred Sword spills her precious blood upon the altar during the Vigil of Targunitoth! True power for I, DOCTOR OBLIVION! You people will not stop me, you people hold no INDEFATIGABLE TENACITY TO SAVE YOUR OWN! HAHA.. HAHAHA! THE VOID WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS, ITS EMPTINESS THE SEED FOR A NEW ORDER! HAHA.. HAAAA!"
Before they could act, a green cloud swept over the City Hall; and when it cleared, Dr. Oblivion and Kiora were gone.

Hokie, a black smith Fingerling with dark fur and a hole in his ear, rushed forward in exasperation as he glanced up at the City Hall, then to the others.
 "F-Francine, Kiora, she's been.. she's been..." he spurts out despite the situation being clear to the four, "She's been ta-taken!"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:44:24 pm by PrivateNomad »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Fingerlings IC: Oblivion comes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 08:05:21 pm »

Kyomi quickly draws his sword, only to watch as the bad guy escapes. He quietly sheaths his sword feeling pretty useless...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:10 pm »

Tavros is visibly upset. Which is odd given how he doesn't remember her name.
"And she was taken by a hack at that! Every mad scientist worth his salt knows you use normal fire on towns! And his laugh, why, they should take away his doctorate just for coming here with that weak of a laugh..."
Classic Tavros.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 08:11:46 pm »

"What a dick. Attacking us for no good reason. We should go kick his ass!" He seems to be upset...
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:13:03 pm »

"Thank you, Captain Obvious! I can clearly see that my mentor was taken!"
Francine runs towards the burning City Hall. She starts spraying it with magic, in an attempt to put out the fire.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:18:40 pm »

Kyomi is unsure who Francine is calling Captain Obvious, but he somehow interpreted it as himself as the target. He looks visibly upset.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »

"Someone should help put out the fire."
Tav says looking boredly at the burning town hall.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »

What reason would such a villain have? Why here? Why now? said Chtz as he went to help put out the fire.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »

Hokie rushes forth behind her, examining the fires. Tavros would recognize it to be Netherfire; his dad loved the stuff.
"I-I'm sorry."

A door slams from a house by the hall, and a Fingerling covered in a white labcoat and oversized yellow goggles stumbles out; his hair is large and spiked, and some burn marks are on his fur.
    "I COME TO DECIMATE YOU WITH MY DISINTEGRATION-O-MATIC, YOU DASTARDLY FIE- where'd he go? Beaver dam, he got away! Tavros! Over heeere!" yelled Tavros's father from the distance. He holds a large firearm-like device in his hand; it has a long orange rod which has a ball probe at the end surrounded by glowing disks.

The fire eventually burns out after effort is put to extinguish it. Jeaha is silent as the smoke clears out.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »

"The gods be damned... Surely there's some trace of who that person was."
Francine searches around, then notices Kyomi's face.
"You okay, Kyomi?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:01 pm »

"OH! Uhhh, I'm fine... Just... Got some smoke.... in my eyes.... is all..." He quickly covers his face and runs away, back to his house. Once inside he begins rummaging though his stuff looking for a piece of cloth or something he could wipe his face with.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:26 pm »

Tavros runs over to see what his dad wants.
"WHAT IS IT FATHER!?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 08:36:09 pm »

Francine frowns, and continues searching for clues.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 08:37:37 pm »

"ARE YOU OOOKAY!?" he yells dully, shaking Tavros's shoulders back and forth.

Francine rummages around the wreckage for something, a clue...
[1 SKILL] However, her search turns out fruitless.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »

"Something... Anything!"
Francine just goes over the same ground that she's already been through. Clues, clues, clues...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18