Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this a joke?  (Read 4633 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Is this a joke?
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

One of my peasant often throws tantrum because starvation. She won't do any job, destroyed a farmer plot, beaten someone and a war dog and made the gateway covered with blood. So I removed all jobs from her list.

I notice she's a novice thrower now. lol

[ August 09, 2007: Message edited by: utunnels ]

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a joke?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

They get happy thoughts from throwing items when they are tantruming, but I never knew they could get skill in it. Thats crazy.

If someone tantrums enough they could be quite deadly.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:14:00 am »

Yeah, that's pretty much the extent to which throwing is implemented in Fort mode. It leads me to wonder if javelins or such will be implented for our military. I mean, the skill is there, so there is probably a good reason for it.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:14:00 am »

Maybe she was born with that random skill.
But I never saw a thrower before.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:40:00 am »

DF mode and ADV mode are linked... The throwing skill come from ADV mode and is usually not used in DF mode... Unless you have tantruming dwarves who throw stones as big as them. :P
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>DF mode and ADV mode are linked... The throwing skill come from ADV mode and is usually not used in DF mode... Unless you have tantruming dwarves who throw stones as big as them. :P</STRONG>

I'm pretty sure they just generally throw cups and trinkets and amulets and stuff. Then again it's rather hard to keep track of that sort of thing.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »

I recently had my legendary carpenter and masson throw tantrums because of a slight problem with items lost under drawbridges (gah....) and I followed them the whole time. My carpenter was digging very deep at the time, and all he had on hand was random rocks. Once in a while, he grabbed one of those rocks and threw it away, and they both gained the throwing skill at that time.  :)
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Jeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »

My legendary weaponsmith threw his artifact spear at someone when he was throwing a tantrum from a masterpiece bolt getting lost... luckily he missed.  And after being jailed and taking a nap after that he calmed down finally.

Teh Dwarf Chunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »

it sucks when they learn to thow well enuf to kill other dwarfs..... but maybe i should feed poor old Tun so he wont be so sad.......
img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5937/pharaohhookahbh2.jpg

Nexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »

Can they even hit frendlies when they throw something?  I'm not really sure, haven't seen that happen.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »

they will sometimes attack friendlies when tantruming.  id imagine that they could be targeted with thrown objects.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »

I don't think things marked as "Friendly" can be hit.  Only berserking dwarves are marked as Hostile, from what I've seen; tantruming dwarves just break things and fume, no harm done (Nevermind bridge damages).

Oh, and I think that Toady said that he was planning to fix friendly fire, some time.  Might be in the bloats.

[ August 09, 2007: Message edited by: Dreamer ]

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »

Well, one of my peasant was badly hurt (some yellow wound and a red head), and one of my war dog got a red leg. A tantruming dwarf destroyed the bridge and drowned her/himself, and one destroyed the farmer plot when all were starving.

So tantruming dwarves can be quite deadly.

[ August 09, 2007: Message edited by: utunnels ]

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
<STRONG>I don't think things marked as "Friendly" can be hit.  Only berserking dwarves are marked as Hostile, from what I've seen; tantruming dwarves just break things and fume, no harm done (Nevermind bridge damages).
</STRONG>

I remember reading somewhere that a person had a dwarf throw something and hit another dwarf, killing them.

Also, tantruming dwarves can be deadly, as they seem to almost seek out masterpiece buildings or things like bridges that are built in high traffic areas. I've had a tantruming dwarf destroy a masterpiece trade depot, causing the dwarf that built that to tantrum and begin to destroy other things.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 06:38:00 am »

lol, that thrower destroyed 2 bridges today, and fell into the river. But she managed to survive. Maybe I shall lock her in the bed room.

Pages: [1] 2