Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great Game of the Gods OOC / Signup/ Discussion  (Read 951 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Great Game of the Gods OOC / Signup/ Discussion
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:05:48 pm »

Most of the game is explained in the IC thread. This is here for discussion, questions, sign-ups and anything that isn't in character. I'll probably post some tables here at some point to explain my thought processes and also to give players an idea of action costs.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Great Game of the Gods OOC / Signup/ Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »

Calm down, i meant WP.
Sorry, guess I got kind of snippy there.

Could we make some kind of artifact that restores ichor?

Can I make the Forcefield automatically strengthen itself over time?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 02:24:30 pm »

The only way to restore Ichor is put the DP you took out back into it, kill another god, kill some types monsters, and partake in some celestial events.

Things like fore-fields are technically DP-batteries. They are ways of proxying your power even when you are away. They can be recharged by you or another god. The only way you could set up a self-reinforcing force-field is to devote appropriate champions to tending it. It would take a good amount of champions to make a forcefield capable of constantly defending against direct attacks from other gods though.

The magic in this world is a lot like physics in that there is a certain amount of energy out there and that's it. There is no magic equivalent of a perpetual motion machine. All actions need energy and sustained actions need sustained energy. As a result, every DP expenditure is strategic.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:15:20 am »

I've checked the turns and I have 32DP.

Also it would be easier if you could put the Champion template on the first page. Would appreciate it very much. The traits also seem kinda limiting and confusing. I've left that section blank for you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:23:05 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:05:27 pm »

Aye aye aye, this is going way too fast for me. Nothing against you I mean this speed is incredible, but I just can't keep up, feel free to do whatever you want with my character
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:30:33 pm »

I may do away with traits. They're extra work for me and don't really seem very fun. I'll likely dispose of those and refund any WP.

Its fine to miss turns, the DP drip is slow and you aren't losing anything by just doing things in spurts. I designed it so players could check twice a day or twice a week and still both get to play.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:05:29 am »

1.1 Damaged Waterheart
The Waterheart is still damaged? How much do I have to pour into it to repair it?

I'll work out my number of worshipers in a few hours.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

Its fixed as of growing over the rock. The region chart is hard to keep perfectly updated.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:42 am »

I am putting together a second god game to incorperate some of the ideas I couldn't get into this one. It should be slower than this one by a little bit. Maybe one update a day. Although, this one is getting to that point as it gets more complex and my life gets more busy.

Anyhow, check it out if you're interested.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 04:28:59 pm »

As the posts per day are slowing down, I'm going to update this game less. Probably once a day instead of twice. It sounds like we may have lost some players due to it going too fast.

If you haven't got enough god game, check out the other one. It's less about creation (Your people and land are part of your sign up.) and more about guiding your people. And it has a minigame.

Anyhow, slow day = slow updates.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 05:30:53 am »

im happy to see a game like this so it had better not end prematurely.

1. I like the fact im present in the world and active on a daily basis, this I good because I like the idea (seriously I have played so many god games, most of my daydreams now involve me as a god creating stuff. but most god games take place over long amounts of time, my daydreams have me active.)

2.this cant end yet because my brain wont stop until the vision is satisfied. the vision for previous godgames? there still there. clawing at my head, making it hard to think of new things as my thoughts are swarmed by an unsatisfied fantasy.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!