Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall [FISSION MAILED]  (Read 7188 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall - Part 2: HALT! You've Got Mail!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 05:42:07 am »

I was in the process of making one big update about all the adventures I've did since the last time I posted an updoot, but a couple weeks ago I accidentally my operating system while I was building my new computer. I attempted to back up all my shit before I reinstalled Windows 7, but it didn't actually work for some reason and now HALT has essentially been obliterared from existence.

Sorry.

Aww, I guess the Dark Brotherhood saw this coming and packed up.

Anyway, for nostalgia sake I installed Daggerfall and added a bunch of mods (the tweaks provided with the install and Daedrafall because why not). Made a dark seducer, and five minutes later guess what...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love this game, but magic characters kind of confuse me. It would help if I could survive the first warrior I meet in my first mage guild task.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 08:56:58 am »

* GUNINANRUNIN suplexes IronTomato.

HELLO.

This game seems fun.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 11:32:06 pm »

GUNINANRUNIN confrimed for Sabin, IronTomato confirmed for train

[/shitpost]

@Gunin: You can get it for free off Bethedsa (?)'s website; it came out like fifteen years ago, so they released it as freeware. You can play it in DOSBox.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:52 am »

@Gunin: You can get it for free off Bethedsa (?)'s website; it came out like fifteen years ago, so they released it as freeware. You can play it in DOSBox.

The best way to play is to get DaggerfallSetup here. It contains Dosbox and all the fixes.

As a warning, it's difficult to understand, difficult to find your way around and the included tutorial is pretty bad, but like DF it's amazing to explore.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 04:12:44 am »

Cool it's free! Thanks guys. If it's fun enough I might make videos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 04:23:13 am »

You can also get the game on GOG for free (along with Arena) if you buy Redguard, Battlespire or Morrowind if I recall correctly.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall [FISSION MAILED]
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »

Yeah, I heard Daggerfall can be a titanic pain in the ass to install. Luckily I never had to do that because the Elder Scrolls Anthology came with a remade CD which does it all for you, a la DaggerfallSetup.

* GUNINANRUNIN suplexes IronTomato.

HELLO.

This game seems fun.
Cool it's free! Thanks guys. If it's fun enough I might make videos.
* IronTomato is suplexed

HELLO.

It's incredibly fun. It's a magical game where there is a perfect mixture of TES's cool character creation and tons of sandboxy roguelike-like stuff.

Also, RIP HALT.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:18 am »

Since there is some interest, a quick tutorial.

- SAVE OFTEN, IN MANY SLOTS!
- Check the control options. There is no mouselook afaik but binding 'look around' and 'look ahead' to mouse buttons will help.
- Fire spell by opening the spellbook and selecting it, there is a button to repeatedly fire the same spell.
- Sleep to recover HP and magicka. You'll sleep a lot.
- Draw your weapon, hold right click and make mouse movements to attack. Speed depends of stats and weight.
- There is dice rolls and checks when you swing, so you will miss. A lot.
- The 'mode' is not very important but make sure you are not in steal mode while in town (unless you wish to join the thief guild!)
- Get confortable with a single city, get quest, complete quest.
- You'll get mails when the main story is ready to advance.

How to exit the first dungeon :
  • Leave first cave to the next room.
  • Kill rat, go upstairs.
  • Walk to the end of corridor to the last door.
  • Kill the man, take door at the left from the room entrance.
  • You are in a large room with stairs and a throne. Kill skeleton or escape it.
  • Face the wall next to the throne, press your face against this wall, keep walking as if you want to go through.
  • If you actually went through, reload your save. Otherwise you should be climbing, try again if you fall midway.
  • Up there, turn to your right, follow the corridor to the first door.
  • Enter room, dispatch foes, click the arch with a skull in it.
  • Enjoy fresh air, open your map and search for Daggerfall, travel there.

If you get there by night, loiter (not sleep) until day. From there, try finding a guild that match your character (blue on maps), a tavern to sleep in (green) and a shop to sell your crap (orange). Have fun.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:56:44 am by Boltgun »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 12:21:34 am »

- SAVE OFTEN, IN MANY SLOTS!
Your saves will get corrupted at some point so doing this is mandatory.

• You are in a large room with stairs and a throne. Kill skeleton or escape it.
  • Face the wall next to the throne, press your face against this wall, keep walking as if you want to go through.
  • If you actually went through, reload your save. Otherwise you should be climbing, try again if you fall midway.
Don't try and climb the wall next to the throne. Instead, jump onto the throne and pull the lever next to it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]