Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Re: Killing spree adventure succession game - turnlist open  (Read 25571 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Killing spree adventure succession game - turnlist open
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2015, 10:45:12 am »

Lag isn't bad, just don't go into dark fortresses without DFhack to exterminate all the trolls. Others have had problems with crashes, but I had no such problems.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2015, 07:49:49 am »

I can't speak for tonnoto (who's ahead of me), but I don't mind if you jump in first.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2015, 10:12:35 am »

Nah, pick it up, escondida, unless endless does. Actually, how about either of youd do it, and post here as you do, so we don't get two separate timelines?
One wheel short of a wagon

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2015, 08:39:21 am »

Alright, I'll start playing this evening.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:23 pm »

(grargh, double post)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:19:55 pm by escondida »

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:50 pm »

It has begun! I picked up where TheFlame left off, on the outskirts of a village, and am currently working my way through the populace, concentrating particularly on developing some of Our Hero's less-used skills, like biting and butchery.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2015, 10:12:58 pm »

D A Y   1

As night fell, I approached one of the village's hovels. Somehow, it seems they got word that there were night creatures about, for they had festooned their home with garlic.

Spoiler: That's adorable! (click to show/hide)

I let myself in, and explained what was what.

When I was done telling one of the peasants all about the new social structure of the village, her housemate very observantly noticed me standing in a pool of her blood.

Spoiler: Well spotted! (click to show/hide)

Heading south, I realized that I would need loyal lackeys.

Spoiler: Awwwww! (click to show/hide)

I don't take rejection well. When the uppity peasants stopped flailing in agony, I decided to continue relieving my stress at this affront by throwing the local potter down the well. I had to throw him something like ten times before he finally flew in.

Sadly, the well wasn't particularly deep, so I had to go in after him.

Most of the rest of the village went much the same way.

More to come tomorrow!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2015, 08:17:04 pm »

The most interesting event of the day was encountering an army on the march:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, there are several hundred fewer humans in the world, and Our Hero is now a legendary butcher, biter, kicker, striker, knife fighter and wrestler. Tomorrow, hopefully Misc. Object User, Ambusher and Hammerer will be added to that list. I also acquired a rather extensive arsenal, in case anybody wants to make Our Hero not only the most effective but also the most skilled murder machine ever.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:40 pm »

I dueled a hammerlord and won to get that masterwork silver war hammer. Somebody had better use it.

Is our vampire friend still alive?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

I dueled a hammerlord and won to get that masterwork silver war hammer. Somebody had better use it.

As of quittin’ time yesterday, Our Hero was already pretty skilled with it.

Is our vampire friend still alive?

I'm actually not sure. One minute, he was there saying his usual, lovable “Oh, is there a fight? What is it this time?” catchphrase, and then he wasn't. I don't know what happened; either a villager killed him, or he just up and left.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »

After working my way through a few more human villages and a dwarven trade depot (the lag was simply too bad to descend into the fortress proper--it was consistently at 1 FPS until I left the site), I discovered a bronze colossus relaxing in its shrine. After fighting it for most of a night, I finally destroyed it, leaving only a statue of a moon snail man. The combat log is over three thousand lines long. I'm not sure how much longer, because three thousand lines is where the game truncates it. Regardless, it took a long time to destroy this monstrosity without an edged weapon made of a better material than the colossus's own bronze.

I also slew a handful of barn owl people using the corpse of a skunk.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2015, 09:31:54 pm »

Oh...and I forgot to mention that I've taken to using the gigantic, masterful bronze statue of moon snail men as my primary weapon. Our Hero now lugs around a statue twice his height and slams it into anyone and anything that gets in his way.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2015, 11:51:52 pm »

Oh...and I forgot to mention that I've taken to using the gigantic, masterful bronze statue of moon snail men as my primary weapon. Our Hero now lugs around a statue twice his height and slams it into anyone and anything that gets in his way.
Ah using over sized heavy object as weapons. how fun. c:
I remember one time I was messing around in the arena and was beating various creatures to death with a giant's corpse.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

Today I slew another Bronze Colossus. This one took even longer to kill than the first, but on the plus side, now Ona is legendary in very nearly every fighting skill. A handful of dwarven hillocks gave Ona no trouble after two colossi, and with that, I leave the save to the next player.

We're currently in a dead dwarven hillock village and have generally been heading northwards. I abandoned the statue of moon snail men in the Jade Brew Hall in the human hamlet of Buttonbuckled, because it was so heavy. Buttonbuckled is a ways southwest, or if you want another statue, the shrine of the second Bronze Colossus is just southwest of Ona's current location.

Ona currently has 7,893 notable kills and 318 other kills, and is Lord of the League of Fanciness, the Intricate Council, the Euphoric League, the Council of Pants, the Society of Raptors, the Sugary Society and the League of Tulips, and rules out of Nighthopeful, Renownsparkle, Openroars, Warmnestle, and Buttonbuckled...all dead towns. I love the random name generator; all of the group names were the first to come up!

If you're on Linux, (I think) Macintosh, or any system with access to 7zip, the save is here. If you're on Windows and don't have 7zip, the save is here. Let the blood flow!

Edit: Fun fact: we've killed nearly 8,000 historical figures. There are less than 3,000 historical figures left alive, and a couple hundred of those are forgotten beasts. There are still nearly 300,000 sapient beings in the world, but thanks to our efforts, nearly all of them are nameless filler characters who've done nothing with their lives. Huzzah!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:17:18 pm by escondida »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2015, 08:37:48 pm »

nice, who's turn now?
 I might actually take one if no one else wants one.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20