Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: GAI (Gods and Idols)  (Read 4606 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
GAI (Gods and Idols)
« on: June 21, 2015, 10:59:48 am »

Hi guys!

So there's this cool MMORTS-like game called Gods and Idols. It's a kind of Godlike sandbox game at the moment, its still very much in development, but is actively being worked on. The idea behind the game is you are a god in space, and you can create planets or destroy them, I think eventually (further in development) stars and such too. Also, you rule an empire of loyal subjects who (at the moment) build buildings, but will eventually be able to travel to other planets, that you made or other players made. They will build fleets for you and you can wage your holy wars against other gods and their empires. It's got a really cool premise, I'd advise you to check it out! The forums are a bit lonely at the moment with only a number of dedicated people who come on frequently, so they could really use some love (from all of us weird people). I'd really like to see this game get more attention than it does, so please check it out, maybe sign up and try the game. If you don't like it, it's free and doesn't take up much space so you hardly lose anything.

So please, sign up (free is a pretty awesome color)! Try out the game, lurk on the forums and maybe pop out some suggestions or so for the game. I'd really appreciate it if you would since it would help it out a lot.

In case you missed my above hyperlink: http://www.godsandidols.com/forum/

Thanks for giving it some attention!
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: GAI (Gods and Idols)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:23:54 am »

I remember this from a year or two ago being stuffed with bugs and poor UI choices, but surprisingly sharp graphics.  I also seem to recall that there was literally nothing to do...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:26:42 am »

Hm. So has much changed since then?

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:28:19 pm »

I remember this from a year or two ago being stuffed with bugs and poor UI choices, but surprisingly sharp graphics.  I also seem to recall that there was literally nothing to do...
Hm. So has much changed since then?

I play on a semi-frequent basis. There aren't any major bugs that I know of, although a major update was just released (this morning in fact), so there will probably be a host of bug squashing to be performed. I've been playing for a while so far today and haven't had really any major issues. As for much to do, there is more than I'm sure there was when you played, but still not full gameplay at the moment. You can create as many planets as you want within the galaxy, but right now you can only seed one planet of your choosing with life. This planet becomes the capital of your empire. Fleets aren't far from being implemented, as planetary based ships were just put in in this update today for moving resources around to various buildings on a given planet. After fleets are implemented you'll be able to colonize other planets.

Also, currently on your planet you have to manage resources to build up population and build buildings. There are a number of resources, but I can't list them all to you just yet. Jatt (the developer) reworked a lot of the resources and their chains in this update and I haven't gotten to where I can report on them.

Population is limited at 50 until you build housing. Population performs jobs and such but requires food. So your population can hand-refine materials (low efficiency) until you can build factories for them, as well as farms and such. After that, you can automate production of resources but you still have to come on and command the construction of buildings.

Hope that answered the question! If not, let me know.
"zzz"

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 03:12:16 pm »

Looks pretty cool.
PTW
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 03:13:25 pm »

This ranks pretty high among the bad abbreviations i have seen for games.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:44 pm »

This ranks pretty high among the bad abbreviations i have seen for games.

How about GaI? or G&I? Idk
"zzz"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

So uhhh... how do I even build housing?

Edit: Apperantly this game is bugged and you can't even build... So I beat the game in 1 hour YAY! :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:14:59 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 08:10:05 pm »

You are winner!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 12:25:13 am »

Yeah when I was on the server earlier I helped the dev find a new bug with the latest update. From what I've seen it doesn't affect everyone but if it does you can't access the construction menu. We were talking and the bug is being quashed as we speak.
"zzz"

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »

Waiting for said bug to be fixed, game looks promising!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »

yeah I still show "? haulers" bug. Can't actually do anything.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 12:27:38 am »

Starting. Figuring it out. Best game ever made 12/12
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 06:58:03 am »

Ode to GamerGate in the launcher.  Uninstalled instantly.  Keep your politics out of your product if your product isn't a political one.  Taking absolutely any stance will lose you a certain percentage of customers/supporters.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 07:19:25 am »

Ode to GamerGate in the launcher.  Uninstalled instantly.  Keep your politics out of your product if your product isn't a political one.  Taking absolutely any stance will lose you a certain percentage of customers/supporters.
Okay. Well don't let us detain you while we discuss the actual game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4