Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!  (Read 7802 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2015, 08:20:23 am »

I think my character's background works with Chicago the most of all the suggestions. I suppose we could have traveled west for a holiday in Vancouver, though. uhhh, it'd mean bringing the wife and daughters though. It's somewhat more challenging to see him there for work - I think he's more blue collar than white collar, so, unless he traveled with his construction company, it'd be awkward.

and a job
A better one, God! It's like you aren't even trying here!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:20 am »

Alright, for the PNW I suppose we've got a choice between Vancouver (BC), Portland OR (Which also covers Vancouver WA), and Seattle WA.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2015, 04:34:11 pm »

My character would have started somewhere near Thunderbay, but he's been travelling across Southern Canada and Northern USA for about a decade, so it seems reasonable he could end up in any of those places by now. So no preference.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »

Mine would have started somewhere in New York State, but she didn't really care where she was running, so anything works with her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »

My character probably works better in the somewhat more southern cities (relatively speaking), but it doesn't matter too much.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2015, 02:29:52 pm »

So, final preferences for PNW city?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2015, 04:03:16 pm »

Vancouver.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2015, 04:04:16 pm »

Let's go with Vancouver, then pretend it's some different city for artistic purposes.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »

Let's go with Vancouver, then pretend it's some different city for artistic purposes.
Ozzy steps out of the airline terminal and pulls the hood up over his head against the blowing snow and biting wind. "Ah, sure is good to be here in Orlando again. I'm sure looking orward to the beach! What about you, Inna?" He asks the blue, sinuous spirit currently wrapped about his arm inside his coat. "What's that?" She asks, sending a spark in the direction o the thing which has attracted her attention - a large truck with what appears to be a giant shovel blade attached to the front, shoving snow onto the sidewalk in a long, dirty arc. "That's a taxi, of course. We're going gator watching out in the swamp. that's our ride."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2015, 05:17:54 pm »

This is the OOC thread. We don't have IC yet...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »

Ozzy steps out of the airline terminal and pulls the hood up over his head against the blowing snow and biting wind. "Ah, sure is good to be here in Orlando again. I'm sure looking orward to the beach! What about you, Inna?" He asks the blue, sinuous spirit currently wrapped about his arm inside his coat. "What's that?" She asks, sending a spark in the direction o the thing which has attracted her attention - a large truck with what appears to be a giant shovel blade attached to the front, shoving snow onto the sidewalk in a long, dirty arc. "That's a taxi, of course. We're going gator watching out in the swamp. that's our ride."

This is the OOC thread. We don't have IC yet...
+2

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2015, 05:21:41 pm »

And would you look at the beautiful day we're having! You're lucky to be catching the mountains so clearly, let me tell you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

And would you look at the beautiful day we're having! You're lucky to be catching the mountains so clearly, let me tell you.
"What are those?" Inna asks, pointing at the green spiky things in the foreground"
"Palm trees. I told you about those, remember?
"oooooooh."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:37:16 pm by Ozarck »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2015, 05:31:19 pm »

Wait so is the OOC now the IC?
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7