Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!  (Read 7810 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 03:52:13 pm »

Spoiler: Is this Good? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:11:32 pm by Ozarck »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interesting!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 03:41:13 pm »

And done my sheet. *look at the other sheets* Don't think my chances are good.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »

I'm just gonna point out that while still extremely good and useful, precognition doesn't make one able to dodge things too fast or skilled to dodge, necessarily. You're still moving in real time after all, and they can react to that. Same with being blocked. Not to say it'll be easy or possible for most, and bullets can't change course midflight, but just pointing out that absolutes are rarely good ideas to include.

I figure you'll be fine though; at least you've got a sheet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 04:06:05 pm »

Though you might want to revise that backstory a bit. It's a bit hard to understand at the moment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

how's mine look?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »

how's mine look?

It's a bit hard to read on account of lack of formatting.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 05:00:34 pm »

Ah. thanks for the feedback. I'll adjust it.

Edit: adjusted. Would any other formatting adjustments help?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:12:28 pm by Ozarck »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 05:08:41 pm »

Here is my character sheet:

Tell me if I need to change anything.

Here's a summary/explanation:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:10:38 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:46 pm »

May need to think on that power, but could be interesting.
Also, why does Noj trust Jon? Or why did he feel like taking pity on him?

It looks pretty good, but I'm not clear on the abilities. Can you explain them a bit more?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »

PTW and likely join.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 07:50:17 pm »

It looks pretty good, but I'm not clear on the abilities. Can you explain them a bit more?

The Spirit can basically see the insides of things, decode cell signals and other electromagnetically transmitted information, and project images. She is also capable of interpreting the information in real time, so, like if she picked up a phone line and listened to a modem signal, she could communicate directly with the machine on the other end.

She could map an area in real time, complete with moving objects, heat signatures, and the like. I won't go so far as to say she could do all of those at once, but she can switch between information formats with relative ease. I'm not looking to make her a Mary Sue or anything. then again, she doesn't have directly physical powers, so there's that :P I wanted to make her ability somewhat flexible. Perhaps she can read emotions, tell when someone is lying, has a greater likelihood of predicting courses of action, that kind of thing

I would say that, if telepathy is a thing, She is quite resistant to probing, but able to communicate via that medium with those sensitive should she chose to do so.

As for when they merge or whatever, I added some physical ability, mostly heightened speed, to suggest input from both sides. Her ability to read information in the surrounding area increases exponentially, such that she could, perhaps, read every raindrop, and he could ... I don't know ... "Bullet time?"

I was kinda thinking they might be more support oriented if this was team based - providing information, coordination, and direction for the others to act on. Does any of this clear anything up?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 07:50:34 pm »

Noj was one of those foresty spirits and had never seen a human before. Noj saw this human boy and was reminded of himself. Completely and utterly alone. As they spent more time together (9 years) Noj realized that this human was very similar to himself. Curious and adventurous.  At first Noj didn't intent to stick around with this boy, he meant to save him from starving and move on, but the more time he spent with him, the more he found that they had in common. He thought that if this boy was like him, then maybe the spirits were more like humans than they thought. Noj never communicated this. Noj doesn't talk much as one of his quirks is that everything he says is backwards.

They have spent nine years together, seeing great sites, meeting good people, and depending on each other. At first Noj was tentative, but Jon acted as if he and Noj had known each other all their lives. Jon showed Noj great wonders of nature, showed him good people, protected him from bad, and most importantly, showed him friendship.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 08:11:37 pm »

The Spirit can basically see the insides of things, decode cell signals and other electromagnetically transmitted information, and project images. She is also capable of interpreting the information in real time, so, like if she picked up a phone line and listened to a modem signal, she could communicate directly with the machine on the other end.

She could map an area in real time, complete with moving objects, heat signatures, and the like. I won't go so far as to say she could do all of those at once, but she can switch between information formats with relative ease. I'm not looking to make her a Mary Sue or anything. then again, she doesn't have directly physical powers, so there's that :P I wanted to make her ability somewhat flexible. Perhaps she can read emotions, tell when someone is lying, has a greater likelihood of predicting courses of action, that kind of thing

I would say that, if telepathy is a thing, She is quite resistant to probing, but able to communicate via that medium with those sensitive should she chose to do so.

As for when they merge or whatever, I added some physical ability, mostly heightened speed, to suggest input from both sides. Her ability to read information in the surrounding area increases exponentially, such that she could, perhaps, read every raindrop, and he could ... I don't know ... "Bullet time?"

I was kinda thinking they might be more support oriented if this was team based - providing information, coordination, and direction for the others to act on. Does any of this clear anything up?
Still a little unclear, but it somewhat clears up. Telepathy is sort of a thing, though probably not at a distance without specializing in it. Via contact, sure. Note that spirits can learn skills over time, inasmuch as they relate to their domains. So perhaps after many years a spirit could develop distance telepathy after being skilled at reading impulses/information.

Noj was one of those foresty spirits and had never seen a human before. Noj saw this human boy and was reminded of himself. Completely and utterly alone. As they spent more time together (9 years) Noj realized that this human was very similar to himself. Curious and adventurous.  At first Noj didn't intent to stick around with this boy, he meant to save him from starving and move on, but the more time he spent with him, the more he found that they had in common. He thought that if this boy was like him, then maybe the spirits were more like humans than they thought. Noj never communicated this. Noj doesn't talk much as one of his quirks is that everything he says is backwards.

They have spent nine years together, seeing great sites, meeting good people, and depending on each other. At first Noj was tentative, but Jon acted as if he and Noj had known each other all their lives. Jon showed Noj great wonders of nature, showed him good people, protected him from bad, and most importantly, showed him friendship.
Ah. So they met when Jon had initially run away?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 08:30:49 pm »

Yes, they met a year after Jon had run away and had been mostly alone in the woods during that time. Jon probably looked (and smelled) nothing like a normal human. Plus he was just kid. It would be a very heartless spirit that let a boy starve/freeze when they could easily save them. Noj is very kind, even if he likes to take strange or unpleasant shapes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7