Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dishonored 2  (Read 3772 times)

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
Dishonored 2
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:13:58 pm »

This game looks so good, especially with all the other E3 Bethesda announcements. What are your expectations and opinions?

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsDyv-TtJg
Interview with Rick(one of the artists) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDJgpKvpCZQ
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonored 2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:21:12 pm »

You can play as Emily. Emily Kaldwin. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i am very hype for this game, here's hoping those robots are actually in the game and just as cool as they look in the trailer
also rope powers instead of blink??? thank you god
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:15 pm »

This is pretty hype.
Also nice second link.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 02:43:06 pm »

Count me hyped for this.

I like the fact that supposedly you can play as either Emily or Corvo. I'm guessing Corvo will play like in the first game, for those with nostalgia while Emily will be different.

I wonder if Daud will make an appearance too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »

I loved the last game, it was so immersive, the new one will be awesome i bet. I wonder what the new powers will be.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »

I started replaying the first in anticipation for this. I'm so excited aah we get to play our precious baby daughter.

I think they've stated Corvo will have more/expanded powers, while Emily has a different set altogether, but yeah. I wonder how their storylines interact and if we get to see father-daughter bonding time (hide and seek - with Outsider powers? It could happen). I also wonder if the Chaos mechanic will be there again. I didn't dislike it, but this setting doesn't seem like the same exact thing would work.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

(hide and seek - with Outsider powers? It could happen)

I was lmao at that sentence.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »

Enjoyed Dishonored, although the character art always kinda bugged me a little. Did a non-lethal play through and felt like, between reloading my saves after mistakes or after just venting some kill lust, I'd played the game. Probably won't go for it at release, but it's not a title I'd have qualms about buying -25%/-50%. I may yet still be enticed by new features, but what I've seen at a brief glance about two playable characters hasn't gotten me hyped so far. The story was ok and I wasn't so in love with the world I couldn't wait to get back there. Maybe I'm just tired of skulking games featuring British accents in a plague ridden town. The new Thief made me view Dishonored in a more favorable light, after the fact.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »

I started replaying the first in anticipation for this. I'm so excited aah we get to play our precious baby daughter.

I think they've stated Corvo will have more/expanded powers, while Emily has a different set altogether, but yeah. I wonder how their storylines interact and if we get to see father-daughter bonding time (hide and seek - with Outsider powers? It could happen). I also wonder if the Chaos mechanic will be there again. I didn't dislike it, but this setting doesn't seem like the same exact thing would work.
I liked the chaos system mostly because it lent itself well to challenge runs. Earlier this year I completed the base game (but not the DLC, sadly), on the hardest difficulty, high chaos and no powers (blink has to be used in three locations (the void, the palace watergate and the lighthouse entrance)). I disliked how low chaos rendered the game easier as you went, rather than having a gradual increase on it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 06:24:54 pm »

I did a low-chaos no-kill no-detect run and it was fun. It was interesting finding ways to get around the guards, although the second Blink upgrade made things much easier. There were a few places (like rendering the High Overseer unconscious) that I had to redo a dozen times before I get through them undetected.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »

Does anybody know what the name of that large robotic bird-esque thing is?

Somebody else's photo at E3:
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »

I did a low-chaos no-kill no-detect run and it was fun. It was interesting finding ways to get around the guards, although the second Blink upgrade made things much easier. There were a few places (like rendering the High Overseer unconscious) that I had to redo a dozen times before I get through them undetected.

Out of interest (as I just finished that mission an hour ago), what was your problem with the High Overseer? I wasn't detected at all, I think - just spilled the drinks, followed them down to the secret lair, knocked him out with a sleep dart and backtracked with his body. Blink really is so ridiculously useful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »

More importantly... what city were they in?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 07:08:19 pm »

Probably the same city in #1 but after the regeneration

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 07:08:55 pm »

Probably the same city in #1 but after the regeneration
No. They stated at E3 that it is another city, Karnaka (or something like that), to the south of Dunwall (the original).
Pages: [1] 2 3