Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dishonored 2  (Read 3770 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonored 2
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 07:09:34 pm »

More importantly... what city were they in?

You mean in the new game? It's a different city.

I did a low-chaos no-kill no-detect run and it was fun. It was interesting finding ways to get around the guards, although the second Blink upgrade made things much easier. There were a few places (like rendering the High Overseer unconscious) that I had to redo a dozen times before I get through them undetected.

Out of interest (as I just finished that mission an hour ago), what was your problem with the High Overseer? I wasn't detected at all, I think - just spilled the drinks, followed them down to the secret lair, knocked him out with a sleep dart and backtracked with his body. Blink really is so ridiculously useful.

I kept trying to get knock him out earlier until I realized that I could just wait and let him walk.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »

Derp. Thanks for the correction.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »

Honestly I was hoping for a completely new story rather than a direct sequel, but I rather liked Dishonored so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Still haven't played or bought the DLC yet, maybe I should bother to do that before the new release.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 03:10:35 am »

Bumping this thread rather than making a new one, because new threads are for losers.

There's new stuff about Dishonored2 because E3, video.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 03:15:10 am »

Oh nice. First game was solid, hopefully this one's an improvement. Might grab it at launch depending on how my finances pan out. Otherwise I'll definitely get it on sale.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 09:41:40 am »

Ok, so interesting things I noticed from the E3 stuff:
-Delilah is the villain. Which is interesting since at the end of Brigmore Witches she was either a tree or a corpse.
-Old Sokolov is your new boatman.
-The city (Karnaka) looks a lot like Rio. Seriously.
-Overseers are no longer the state religion, I guess?

Totally going to grab this at launch since it releases around a week after my birthday.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

Can't wait for this, very much liked the first one.

I hope we get to see some of the monster whaling action, I thought it was an interesting piece of the original setting that was not fully exploited.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 09:55:33 am »

I have mixed opinions about the 2 char approch. In most games where this happens its just forced the content in half or you get the full content, but travel the same stuff twice each time...

Dishonored (1) made me replay it by changing the world in many small ways, depending on how much chaos you caused - but it took a few levels and some times to settle in, which was fine - here if, lets say, there are 40 levels/maps, you only get half the world development. I also can't help but prefer twice the skill(choice) on one char, so you can really have strong differences. Ah well, i'm sure it'll be... ok.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 10:41:55 am »

-Delilah is the villain. Which is interesting since at the end of Brigmore Witches she was either a tree or a corpse.

Totally going to grab this at launch since it releases around a week after my birthday.

Wait, did they say outright that was Delilah? I totally missed that. I... really like it, if true, however they explain her recovery. I always wished Corvo and/or Emily would've learned of the DLC's events somehow. And missed the fact that was Old Sokolov. I hope Samuel gets to have a cameo at the least, though.

I'm no longer sure if I'll play Emily first. Not out of any sudden dislike, but because I kinda want to see her from Corvo's perspective, too. Maybe I'll flip a coin.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

Wait, did they say outright that was Delilah? I totally missed that. I... really like it, if true, however they explain her recovery. I always wished Corvo and/or Emily would've learned of the DLC's events somehow. And missed the fact that was Old Sokolov. I hope Samuel gets to have a cameo at the least, though.

I'm no longer sure if I'll play Emily first. Not out of any sudden dislike, but because I kinda want to see her from Corvo's perspective, too. Maybe I'll flip a coin.
She appeared in... I think it was a very shot part of the trailer. Also the picture of the collector's edition stuff includes a poster of Delilah (though instead of Delilah Copperspoon (I think this was what characters said her name was in the DLC?) it was Delilah Kaldwin written on it).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

I think the chaos system from the first dishonored was a stroke of absolute brilliance from the developers. They give the player all these neat powers, gadgets and weapons to murder your way through the whole city.... and then challenge you not to use them. Why? because corvo was never an assassin, he was a bodyguard. His job was to protect people and it was the conspirators who tried to turn him into a killer. So the powers, weapons, etc, were the game tempting the player like corvo was being tempted.

Of course the save/reload system sort of ruined that because you could go on consequence free murder sprees, or reload 500 times if you needed to but still, so many games focus on making the good/evil paths equal (or even making the good path better). It was kind of refreshing to see both the good path be more difficult, and to see a real temptation for the player. I thought it was a very clever touch anyway that I think a lot of people unfortunately missed.

So I hope they at least try and do something similar for dishonored 2, or try some other clever thing and don't just fall back on the standard "press A to donate 5000 gold" v "press B to burn down the orphanage for no reason" style moral system
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:58:54 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

PTS (post to stealth)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »

Apparently they've got a "no powers" game mode as well, so rather than temptation, it's another playthrough. Which gives at least three , assuming both characters play the same without powers.

This could be a good thing or a bad one. I hope you actually do have to approach different situations in different ways, rather than just having differently coloured stealth or instakill. With their whole "now with increased verticality!" bit for maps, there should at the very least be more cool stuff to do.
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »

It... might sound silly... But one of the things that fills me with apprehension is the robotic enemies being touted right there in the opening.

It feels like it is going to be used as a cop out. "Ohh don't worry about killing them. They are robots! no moral quandaries here!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:51 pm »

Those robots fill me with less a lack of guilt and more panicked fear. They're not mooks that you can feel good about killing, they're hunters that want you in five pieces.
Pages: 1 [2] 3