Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Mountain Dew  (Read 6919 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Mountain Dew
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:39:58 am »

How good is it?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Dew
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 06:41:44 am »

Very good indeed.
* Yoink does the 'Dew.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:46:57 am »

Now, for a second question.
Is it good enough for me to ship it from the other half of the continent?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 06:59:32 am »

No, it is not.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 07:00:18 am »

It is a shame... Everyone agrees?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:04:44 am »

I don't know, depends on how good a rate you could get on shipping.
Still, as good as Mountain Dew is, booze is invariably better- and you can probably get that far more cheaply in your part of the world.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 07:11:22 am »

I finally got a way of converting my internet money to paypal money, so I was wondering what I could do with it... How much should I pay (in dollars) for it to be a good rate?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 07:23:06 am »

I don't know, depends on how good a rate you could get on shipping.
Still, as good as Mountain Dew is, booze is invariably better- and you can probably get that far more cheaply in your part of the world.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Mountain Dew goes very well with coconut rum.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 07:26:46 am »

... going local rate is... 8 cent to the ounce at the best, I think? Might be nine or ten, it's been a while since I've tracked soda prices due to the whole avoiding-caffeine thing. Accounting for shipping and buying in bulk, I'd probably say anything over 12-15c/oz (adjusted for local pricing, I guess -- you probably have to deal with a higher markup in a more expensive area than mine) is a ripoff.

As for the dew itself, it's a sweet faux-citrus soda. It's alright -- carbonated (and thus acidy), caffeinated, and sugary -- and about as good as soda gets, but that's... not really saying too much. Maybe a bit smoother than your normal sodas, though it still burns plenty. Makes pretty interesting tea, though.

E: Though yeah, I'd probably agree it's not worth shipping in unless you can get a good deal on it. Honestly, unless you can find a good price on a large bulk order, and maybe find some local friends to split the price on, I'd say don't bother. You've likely got something local (Probably anything on this list.) that's close enough to it it's not really worth quibbling over.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:36:15 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 07:41:57 am »

Mountain Dew and similar lemon-lime sodas are about the only sodas that I drink.  The burn is very mild, and is one of the reasons I prefer it, actually.  Cola drinks are downright caustic to me and I really, really loathe them.  I don't even like Sprite and 7-up that much because of their burn.

Now, all of that said I actually prefer diet Mountain Dew to the real thing.  Regular Mountain Dew is almost overpoweringly sweet in comparison, but for the past 10 years or so diet Mountain Dew has been reformulated to taste quite good.  Before that Pepsi had a different recipe that sometimes tasted pretty good but sometimes tasted very, very bad.  Not sure what changed but it's very much for the better.

I probably wouldn't try getting it shipped long distances though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 07:55:45 am »

If you're not used to sugary soft drinks then you may find mtn dew sickening. If you've had sprite or seven up then it is the next step up.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 08:34:12 am »

So  many <?php echo "mountain" . $stuff ?>
I'm used to Sprite, I'm a coder.  :P
So, yeah, nothing like mountain is sold here where I live(not even cheap rip-offs), so I'll have to check for pricing somewhere...
Hey where You guys have any idea of where on the internet I can buy this thing? Ebay dosn't sell food, and my internet options beyond direct negotiation end there.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

Mountain Dew is great, imo, but not good enough to have it shipped to me :p Still, if you have cash to burn and you've never tried it before, it's your money.

Hey where You guys have any idea of where on the internet I can buy this thing? Ebay dosn't sell food, and my internet options beyond direct negotiation end there.

Well, I don't know about that. When do you need your Mountain Dew though? Maybe you could ask a friend abroad if they sell Mountain Dew where they live, and the next time they come to visit nearby they can bring you some?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 08:44:52 am »

The only friends abroad that visit me from times to times are in Europe, and I don't think it sells there...
Hey cheesecake, if I give you internet dollars, can you just buy one of those and ship to me?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:57:21 am »

Now, all of that said I actually prefer diet Mountain Dew to the real thing.  Regular Mountain Dew is almost overpoweringly sweet in comparison, but for the past 10 years or so diet Mountain Dew has been reformulated to taste quite good.  Before that Pepsi had a different recipe that sometimes tasted pretty good but sometimes tasted very, very bad.  Not sure what changed but it's very much for the better.

EWW. Just...no. Anything with sucralose in it tastes like a chemical bath to me.

My late father-in-law refused to drink Mountain Dew because he said he watched a horse take a piss one time, and it was the exact same shade of yellow-green.  :P
I used to imbibe quite a bit of it myself, before they started turning it into an eXtReMe energy drink wannabe. There's also Mello Yello, Coke's version of Mountain Dew. Little bit less carbonated, still tastes pretty good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6