Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mountain Dew  (Read 6925 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Dew
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2015, 12:32:02 pm »

Flat mountain dew is more or less the basic ingredient of dew-tea* (just by way of boiling instead of simple time), so I'll say it's capable of coming out pretty alright. I'd definitely call flat mountain dew one of the more palatable of flat sodas (which, to be fair, isn't saying all that much).

*The majesty that is dew-tea is simple. You make tea, only instead of water, mountain dew. Despite initial appearances, boiling soda will (probably) not explode or fizz all over the place or whatev'. It just bubbles for a while.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2015, 12:42:30 pm »

*The majesty that is dew-tea is simple. You make tea, only instead of water, mountain dew. Despite initial appearances, boiling soda will (probably) not explode or fizz all over the place or whatev'. It just bubbles for a while.
This worries me. You're one of those type of people who first looked at the runny snotball that is a clam or oyster and thought "Man I bet I could eat that." aren't you?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »

Gods, no. Though that was probably more of a, "Hey, that fuzzy thing that eats what we do is eating that, let's see if it tastes good". I'm more of a "I like this and I like that, let's see what happens when you put them together" kinda' person. Not so much a random sampler of the unknown and possibly poisonous.

Nah, I just wanted to see what happened when you boil soda, and happened to have tea to put in a boiled liquid. So... why not? I like tea, I like soda, let's see what happens, thoughts I. And it turned out pretty good! Also the sugar/caffeine high lasted like six hours straight and the crash afterwards was amazing.
Ask not!
Ask!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »

This worries me. You're one of those type of people who first looked at the runny snotball that is a clam or oyster and thought "Man I bet I could eat that." aren't you?
If Frumple was one of those people I would hug him because those people were fuckin geniuses. Seriously, clam chowder is fucking amazing
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2015, 02:05:16 pm »

Are you sure that's not actually a time-honored Murkan Tradishun? You know, like marshmallow and bacon sandwiches or peanut butter and jelly nachos?

Anyway, it's such an ingeniously daft idea that I must try it out, just for sheer morbid curiosity. And why stop at tea? You could replace all water in your cooking with Dew – just imagine what it would do to clam chowder or bouillabaisse!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 02:21:06 pm »

If it is, it's not for this region. I've yet to actually meet someone that's made dew-tea (or any of the other soda-based variants -- gojiberry tea made with barqs is pretty nice, imo, ferex) before I suggested it as a possibility.

Most people just don't really seem to think of boiling soda, or if they do (and I've met a few that do that much -- some folks actually prefer soda flat, and that's the fastest way to get flat soda), they don't do anything with it besides drink it. For whatever reason, taking that next step to steeping something in the soda just doesn't seem to cross the mind.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]