Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mountain Dew  (Read 6921 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Dew
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 10:20:28 am »

Hey, it still tastes the same. Now it's just ENERGISED.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:14 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:23:01 pm by penguinofhonor »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 10:48:04 am »

I don't know, depends on how good a rate you could get on shipping.
Still, as good as Mountain Dew is, booze is invariably better- and you can probably get that far more cheaply in your part of the world.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Mountain Dew goes very well with coconut rum.
Not to mention that lower-case mountain dew flat-out is booze. :P

I like it, personally, and regularly buy Throwback which uses sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.  No particular reason; it just costs the same, and I kinda like it.  I probably drink more than I should, though. 

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 10:51:11 am »

It has a good flavour, all in all I'd say it's pretty dank. If you want a favourite flavour, I'd recommend Gushing Granny.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 11:03:42 am »

Mountain Dew is the worst soda on the market, hands down. It is kidney stone in a bottle and tastes just as much as it looks like horse urine. It also most definitely is not a contraceptive, despite what idiots may tell you. Don't drink it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:14:26 am »

I was about to say that Mountain Dew makes for a great glowstick formula; but then I decided to find confirmation on that.

Internet, you fooled me again.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 12:12:43 pm »

At one time, Mountain Dew had the highest caffeine content of any any soda that was practical to buy in a lot of places. Jolt had more, but that was rarely available anywhere. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, Tab, go down the list, Mountain Dew had more caffeine than any of them. And a lot of them, 7-up, shasta, squirt, cactus cooler, etc. didn't have any caffeine at all. If you wanted caffeine, Mountain Dew was your soda.

But now that it's culturally normal for teenagers to drink coffee, and drinks like Red Bull exist, Mountain Dew is probably less notable.

Mountain Dew and similar lemon-lime sodas

It's actually orange. not lemon or lime.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Health concerns

The over-consumption of sugar-sweetened soft drinks is associated with obesity,[14][15][16] type 2 diabetes,[17][18] dental caries, and low nutrient levels.[15] Experimental studies tend to support a causal role for sugar-sweetened soft drinks in these ailments,[14][15] though this is challenged by other researchers.[19][20][21] "Sugar-sweetened" includes drinks that use high-fructose corn syrup, as well as those using sucrose.

Many soft drinks contain ingredients that are themselves sources of concern: caffeine is linked to anxiety and sleep disruption when consumed in excess,[22] and some critics question the health effects of added sugars and artificial sweeteners.[23] Sodium benzoate has been investigated by researchers at University of Sheffield[24] as a possible cause of DNA damage and hyperactivity. Other substances have negative health effects, but are present in such small quantities that they are unlikely to pose any substantial health risk provided that the beverages are consumed only in moderation.

In 1998, the Center for Science in the Public Interest published a report titled Liquid Candy: How Soft Drinks are Harming Americans' Health. The report examined statistics relating to the increase in soft drink consumption and claimed that consumption is "likely contributing to health problems." It also criticized marketing efforts by soft drink companies.[25]

Just drop that awful sugar-slurry and start drinking beer! Even the toucan knows that it's good for you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 12:30:45 pm »

Beer is disgusting. No. All beer. Yes, that's right Mr Euopean, Yours too.

So no, I wont be drinking any beer. Because it is disgusting and tastes terrible.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 01:10:47 pm »

Now, all of that said I actually prefer diet Mountain Dew to the real thing.

At least regular Mountain Dew is made of all natural corn syrup to mask the artificial acid flavoring.  I don't think there's a single ingredient in Diet Mountain Dew that started from a living organism.

Stuff is such a guilty pleasure for me.  I manage to avoid it for a few months at a time before I wind up having some and then spend a week drinking it.  Like this week for instance.  Long drives especially always remind me of Mountain Dew.

I once called it the perfect nerd soda, because it comes out of the bottle dead flat and tastes exactly the same no matter how fast it warms up.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »

I still go back and forth on soda drinking, but Mountain Dew is notable in that it's the one sugary drink I feel absolutely no temptation towards. I'd happily guzzle warm water over a chilled Mountain Dew any day of the week.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »

Dammit, this thread has me wanting to run up to the store and get a Dew.

Although now days, I'm more of a Fanta drinker. Especially Fanta Grape. Which is one of the most unnatural substances on earth. All that blue dye isn't digestible, which leads to some...*interesting* results later on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »

Oddly enough, the last time I tried fanta (think it was one of the orange flavored variants) it very literally gave me a headache. Every time I tried to drink it. Which was two or three times before going "Yes. Pattern." and pouring it out.

Fairly irrelevant, though. I think the only sodas I've drank to any notable extent in the last two or three years has been some barqs. Few one off other rootbeers, a little bit of coke once or twice... mostly just been water and lemonade, though. Maybe three liters over the course of the last year, on the outside. Friggin' caffeine and carbonation kicking up acid reflux. I liked sodas. Now I can't really drink 'em :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 04:04:17 pm »

I used to drink Mountain Dew when I had a really late night class. I couldn't get coffee that late since the student store would close at around four, so Dew from the vending machine was my only source of caffeine. I don't think I'd ever had it before that, and I likened it to Slurm (the drink from Futurama that's made out of alien excretions). It's disgusting and I hate it, but it kind of grew on me since then. I'm trying not to drink any soda at all lately, but if I feel the urge it's typically Dew that I grab.

I don't really mind the taste of mountain dew (chemical and extremely sweet; it's soda, go figure), but what really bugs me is the syrupy texture it has. Maybe it's just me, but my mouth always feels like I've drank a bottle of pancake syrup after having some dew.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 04:08:56 pm »

I'unno, actually drinking down syrup leaves a pretty notably different aftereffect than drinking a bottle of dew, in my experience.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6