Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The Great Game of the Gods (A twice daily forum game) New players welcome  (Read 15900 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

[Sorry, I'm in Region 13.]

Sollia looks about her in her frenzied dance, trying to determine what sort of creature should be made to dance alongside her. She grew impatient. She had never been good at waiting, and the Sun saw life in the water, however far away it might be.

She needed something with fire in it's veins...passion in it's heart, and dancing on the brain! But first...she needed fuel for their fire. Ah well. It was all part of the dance. And so she continued her dancing, columns of fire bursting from the earth in her wake, where the embers had lain sown in the ground. And left in their place? Trees. Living fuel for the furnace, growing with the heat of the Sun. Such a wonderful cycle...in the sea, meanwhile, the ashes hatched, tiny beasts crawling forth and beginning to spread. And all around, life bloomed, the first flowers in the world. More insects hatched around her, to pollinate them. And then she danced on, her work for the moment finished, up to shine light onto the dark.

Create fire bees; bright orange and black, with a sting that feels like fire running through the veins.
Create sweetblossoms; a bush with beautiful flowers most distinctly not the color of flame, with berries that looks like tiny suns, spicy and sweet.
Create chartrees; a hardy tree with golden-brown bark, and leaves the color of flame, just like the sungrass. When they die, they rot dry and turn black, and harden into something akin to charcoal. Look somewhat like savannah trees, since that's the sort of place they grow. Their flowers are tiny and as the season turns and they mature from bud to full blossom, they change color from deep red through orange and yellow to nearly white, before their petals drift away, and their fruits, hard skinned and tan, ripen.
Create the first shrimp-like life, that feeds on plankton.
Create the first scavenger crustaceans.

Finally, move to region 6
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile

I'm in region 21(how large are the islands?)

Create fruit bearing trees that have many low branches(edit) the trees also flower/bear fruit year-round(hummingbirds need food)
Create hummingbirds
Create albatrosses that can eat the fruit in addition to their normal diet
(Using IP if needed;if more than 2 is needed,cancel the albatrosses)

Also,if changing my turn to react to a later post is allowed,use any resources needed to protect my islands from the effects of mountains being dropped on the waterheart(unless it would kill me)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:04:48 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

The islands themselves are no more than 20 square miles or so. There are however several of them and probably some smaller islands that were too small to show on the map. You were put there as a shout out the Darwin's finches and the Galapagos Islands. Feel free to use DP to make more islands. That is certainly within the power of gods (although it would probably be expensive). There hasn't been much terraforming yet, so there's no price comparison.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

"................something Is amiss......"

enter the tower, do some brainstorming while waiting to recharge
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Can I get some more explination on what the inside and the outside of this tower look like? Including design and size?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move from L2 to L1 to W1
Arim continued his flight and witnessed worrying actions of the Watergod. His creations steal mana from the world. His race is linked to him  like slaves and he made first steps to flood the world. Such behaviour is unacceptable and must be stopped by power. By a lot of divine power.

Use movement sphere to lift whole mountains from Land region 1 and rain those mountains on Water region 1 with aims to destroy\damage Waterheart subregion  and kill off as much of Integrators as possible. (Use 12 DP on this) 
Note that it will be a logical side-effect if tsunamis will hit 1, 9 and 21 land regions.

After this is done (If I can use DP on this) send a telepathic message to surviving Integrators informing them who did this and that if they don't stop to worship their evil creator and start worship Arim, then they will face more punishment

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Move from L2 to L1 to W1
Arim continued his flight and witnessed worrying actions of the Watergod. His creations steal mana from the world. His race is linked to him  like slaves and he made first steps to flood the world. Such behaviour is unacceptable and must be stopped by power. By a lot of divine power.

Use movement sphere to lift whole mountains from Land region 1 and rain those mountains on Water region 1 with aims to destroy\damage Waterheart subregion  and kill off as much of Integrators as possible. (Use 12 DP on this) 
Note that it will be a logical side-effect if tsunamis will hit 1, 9 and 21 land regions.

After this is done (If I can use DP on this) send a telepathic message to surviving Integrators informing them who did this and that if they don't stop to worship their evil creator and start worship Arim, then they will face more punishment

Cancel previous action.

I'm in water region 1.1

Use one WP to migrate the Integrators to water Region 1.1, the Waterheart.

Use 5 Divine Power and 5 Ichor to surround the Waterheart with a permanent powerful forcefield that will protect against all attacks and enemies. Creatures and water can still move through the forcefield.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:20:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC Note: I am trying to throw mountains. Not a single mountain. We shall see how many rocks GM will allow me to throw. Maybe it will be one but I hope for more than one.

Oh, and

Spend additional 3DP to accelerate(speed domain) one (or only) mountain to hit Waterheart with additional energy and counter  Blind Worm's redirecting. Dip into ichor if necessary

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

End of Turn 5

Special Note: All players need to post their region at the beginning of their posts. This is necessary so I don't have to search for it or go through backlogs of posts to find everyone's location. This will improve the game because regional effects and the spread of life will be easier to keep track of. I am incapable of remembering the position of all 8 or you, and your creations. If you have already been doing this or have started to do this, I thank you. (I'm just gonna leave this notice up for a a bit because eome people haven't moved in a while.)

The state of the world (End of 5 / beginning of turn 6)
1.   Mountains, barren, Arim
2.   Microbial life
3.   Glaciers,
3.1 Snow Children, sulfur geysers, purple bacteria
4.   Barren,
5.   Barren
6.   Barren, Sollia
7.   Dark prescence
8.   Barren
9.   Barren
10.   Lake, poisonous fish, seaweed, lake coral, rabbits, deer, foxes, coyotes, and Great Scorpions, Vornfar
11.   Barren
12.   Barren
13.   Microbial life, lichen, and moss, sweetblossum bushes, charcoal trees,
14.   Fire trees, a 2.5 story tower of glowing lavender stone
15.   Barren
16.   Barren
17.   Barren
18.    Microlife, small plants, forge trees, ANDs, (Previously unnumbered region)
19.   Barren
20.   Guests
21.   Islands, bacteria, grass, fruit trees, grasshoppers and chickens, gallimimus, humming birds, albatross, Sullag
22.   Barren
23.   Barren
24.   Barren
Water
1.   Microscopic life, manavore plankton, seaweed
1.1 Damaged Waterheart, Blind Worm, Integrators
2.   Microscopic life, shrimp, crabs
3.   Microscopic life
4.   Microscopic life
Sky
1.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits
2.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits

Stats:

Name: The Blind Worm, the Devouring Maw
Stats: 7 DP, 1 WP, 2 IP

Your enemy, the land itself, is raining down upon you and your glorious Waterheart. You poor out your lifeblood to defend your home and your people. A vast bubble of goddly energy surrounds you and everything you hold dear. One after another the land rains down. Waves splash and you fear the dryness my destroy your Waterheart. In the end, the Waterheart is damaged, but still stands.  (You create a force field that absorbs damage across region 1.1.
(-2 to set up a subregion effect) (It is as strong as the amount of energy you put into it (3 DP + 15 DP from IP = 18) (18-9= 9 DP worth of protection remaining)

Name: Valvatorez
Stats:  28 DP, 2 WP, 10 IP

No action. (Still not sure on the math there. I feel as if he may have 27, but when I do the math he has 28. Can someone check that?)

Name: Arim
Stats: 7 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP

Offended by stillness of the Waterheart, the encroaching flood of water that spills from it, the mind slaves, and the Blind Worm them self, you take action. Your hurl several mountainous chunks of land at the Waterheart. One in particular is blessed by your incomparable speed. This mountain finds its mark and damages the Waterheart, but doesn't destroy it. The other 3 mountains crash against the water god's barrier. (Throw mountain -4 +1 for movement x 4 = 12) (Add extra speed to counter defenses -3) (Total: 15 DP)

Name: Toras
Stats: 20 DP, 0 WP, 9 IP

No action

Vornfar
Stats: 10 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP

No action

Sollia
Stats: 12 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP

Small bees buzz about you, their humm adding to the great song of life. (-2 for insect)

You think that with bees there must come flowers, or their dance will end, and create sweetblossom bushes for the bees to feed. This flowers and berries reflect your sunny spicy nature. (-2 for plant)

You enjoy these acts of creation, and thus add one more: the char trees. They are wondrous and will one day host a wide variety of dancers. (-2 for plant)

As the seeds of life spill forth from your dance, some have fallen into the ocean and been extinguished in the suffocating wetness, but some have struggled to continue. A bright shrimp, firey and bright in coloration, has taken hold (-2 for crustacean -1 for fire sphere = -3)

In addition it seems like some other crablike creatures, similar in coloration, skitter and dance in and out of the ocean. (-3 for same as shrimp)

Sullag
Stats: 5 DP, 0WP, 10 IP

You peck at the ground, and from your pecking, the seeds of trees took root in the holes. Short trees who flower and fruit fruit in an endless unbroken cycle grew across the islands (-2 for plant, -1 for constant fruiting/flowering with zero downtime = -3)

Quick beings fluttered through the branches. They moved so quick that their wings made a humming noise (-3 for bird.)

Larger beings came also, they flew slower, but still took to the branches. They were giants compared to the smaller birds, but they were dwarfed by the predators that stalk these islands. (-3 for bird, -1 for unnatural food = -4).

Name: Ignis
Stats: 10 DP, 0 WP, 8 IP

No action

These numbers include your points for next turn.

The dark force remains. You can feel it in the distance. Its power slowly corrupts the land. If left unchecked, it may gain a foothold in this world. Yet you know you should be cautious, its not as powerful as a god, but it is still quite powerful yet. For the first time, you fear for your safety and your life.

A single star shines in the sky. It's light isn't particularly bright, but it twinkles and shines. Three mortals enter the world. They are adventurers from another place. Though your divine senses, you know of them. Two are human, one rides atop a great white dog. The dog is happy to smell new smells. The two men ready their swords for unseen assailants.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

The Goddess of the Sun dances into the darkness, bringing the light of day and the heat of flame with her as she goes to confront the monstrosity she feels taking hold.

Perhaps it would know of her partner?

Move to Region 6
Get ready to punt a mofo
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am in Water Subregion 1.1

2 DP to repair the Waterheart
2 DP to strengthen the Forcefield
3 DP to heal one Ichor

Still need champion stuff?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:48:53 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Champion Template:

Name:
Race:
Race description:
Specific character description:
Background (Should be one word or phrase like thief or soldier):
Champion class:
Personality traits:(I fill out this one)
Special abilities/spells:
Other:

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Your champion has 4 traits. You spent a DP to pick one of those four from a list. The other three are secretive, kind, and unimaginative. Your options for the fourth are: adventurous, spiteful, reckless, spontaneous, independent, lively, naive, dishonest, conceited, uninhibited.

These are mostly for flavor. They could only have an effect if your character was doing something opposite of their nature. (A pacifist won't go slay the enemy, while a murderer wont go tend the gardens). Some may be impossible to really do much with, while others may greatly effect how a champion acts.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:26:30 am by Spiderking50 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your champion has 4 traits. You spent a DP to pick one of those four from a list.
Hahaha what? Not only do I need to spend WP I also need to spend DP? That's kind of excessive.

So I'd have to spend another three WP to pick all his traits?

I pick Lively. I guess I'll cut back on strengthening the forcefield.

Name: Thrall
Race: Integrator
Race description: ???
Specific character description: ???
Background (Should be one word or phrase like thief or soldier): Mage
Champion class: Mage
Personality traits:(I fill out this one)
Special abilities/spells: Magic
Other:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:27:06 am by Demonic Spoon »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Calm down, i meant WP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14