Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Great Game of the Gods (A twice daily forum game) New players welcome  (Read 15888 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

((a god game were I can interact in my peoples daily lives? FINALY....how much power would I need to make a planet))

Name: ignis (edit- fixed spelling of my gods name)
Description: takes the form of a human with red eyes and black hair (yes i know i use this for all the god games)
Sphere: fire, darkness, creativity.
General motivation: creation is the goal, be it life, art, monuments, this god wishes to create. more than this, he wants to protect. protect his creations, protect what mortals follow him. fire, darkness, and sparks of light,  find its way into his works.
Other: kind hearted and gentle this god watches over his followers. strike at his people at your peril, once stirred his wrath is terrible.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:36:01 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

The state of the world (begining of turn 3)
1.   Mountains, barren
2.   Microbial life
3.   Glaciers, Snow Children, Storms
4.   Barren, Storms
5.   Barren
6.   Barren
7.   Barren
8.   Barren
9.   Barren
10.   Lake, poisonous fish, seaweed, lake coral
11.   Barren
12.   Barren
13.   Microbial life, lichen, and moss
14.   Barren, Storms
15.   Barren, Storms
16.   Barren
17.   Barren
18.    Microlife, small plants, forge trees, ANDs, storms (Previously unnumbered region)
19.   Barren
20.   Barren
21.   Islands, bacteria, grass
22.   Barren
23.   Barren
24.   Barren
Water
1.   Microscopic life, Integrators
2.   Microscopic life, Storms
3.   Microscopic life
4.   Microscopic life
Sky
1.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits
2.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

((a god game were I can interact in my peoples daily lives? FINALY....how much power would I need to make a planet))

Name: Ignisis
Description: takes the form of a human with red eyes and black hair (yes i know i use this for all the god games)
Sphere: fire, darkness, creativity.
General motivation: creation is the goal, be it life, art, monuments, this god wishes to create. more than this, he wants to protect. protect his creations, protect what mortals follow him. fire, darkness, and sparks of light,  find its way into his works.
Other: kind hearted and gentle this god watches over his followers. strike at his people at your peril, once stirred his wrath is terrible.

You have been in the dark for as long as you can remember. Longer even. You know you should be able to see, but you're unsure if you can really see anything in this pressing darkness. Perhaps you are blind. You can feel your eyes open and close. You close them, hoping that when they open once more, they will see. They don't. Everything is still dark. Your eyes have failed you and you are filled with anger. Suddenly you see a red light, it is everywhere around you. You realize it is coming from you. A tunnel is mildly illuminated, and you follow it. Joyous to see in the murk, you almost sprint along the rocky walls. You round a corned and are blinded by a light as you practically fly out of the tunnel. Your eyes slowly adjust. You are in a barren wasteland devoid of life in every direction. You sense great forces at work in the distance. You turn to see the cave that led you here, it is shallow. No more than 10 feet deep. The sun's shine clearly illuminate the back wall. However, this doesn't last long as a storm front covers the sun. You feel as if this is no natural storm and consider returning to the cave for shelter. (Region 14)

Name: Ignis
Spheres: Darkness, Fire, Creation
Stats: 5 DP, 0 WP, 8 IP
Special: Small (-2 IP),  A Light in the Dark (You will gain a WP boost from uncivilized or cave dwelling races), Home turf advantage (After claiming a region as your domain, you gain a 3 IP bonus in that area. These three IP cannot be converted to DP).

EDIT: To make a second planet would cost more DP than you're likely to get. I'd say 200 or more for a small planet.

EDIT#2: You should probably also skim some of the previous works to get an idea of who's who and what they are doing. The state of the world is a good place to start, as well as the original rule post. I can also answer questions if you PM me.

EDIT#3: Take your turn whenever. Please try to get an idea of how much you can do with your 5 DP first though. You can get a feel for it by reading previous posts where I number out the costs of things. (They're normally a little long).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:41:52 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((hey you might need to check my edit))

........."yes.......I see......."

"i sense something....mana.....I cant control it....but it will be useful for them"

create a tree that burns without being harmed, its fire is powered by ambient mana, the tree should bear a black sweet fruit

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

((hey you might need to check my edit))

I looked but it seems the same. What's changed?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((my name was meant to be ignis, not ingis))

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Fixing. Fixed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

3DP: Create sulfur geysers in Region 3
1DP: Create purple bacteria at these geysers.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile

Create grasshoppers and chickens,the great flock arises

(Sorry if my posts are too bland,I'm not good with adding fluff)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

(Complex race -8, giant -2, hivemind -0, -enchanting song -3, permanent mental integration -5, multiple breathing stystems -2, moon bonus +2 = 18.) (Ten powerful followers were created.)
Don't I get some sort of bonus from my spheres? Just trying to work out how this all works.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:25:51 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Travel to 5 and then to 2. Do nothing but observing this turn
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

(Complex race -8, giant -2, hivemind -0, -enchanting song -3, permanent mental integration -5, multiple breathing stystems -2, moon bonus +2 = 18.) (Ten powerful followers were created.)
Don't I get some sort of bonus from my spheres? Just trying to work out how this all works.

You got your hivemind bonus. That's from your mind sphere. If they were made of water or shot water, or did something besides live in water then you might get something from your water sphere. Not particularly no. Spheres are mostly for flavor and define what themes your god will gravitate toward. They will sometimes earn you bonuses (maybe but probably not), but there is no clear and scientific way to do that. There's no real line as to what exactly falls within a sphere and how much less that should make something cost.

If everyone had a cost reduction on their specific sphere for all things relating to that sphere, it would be like we are just playing the game but everyone has a cost reduction for what they're doing.

So not really, you wouldn't get a cost reduction for creating an aquatic creature because of your water sphere, because then I'd have to give everyone a discount for their sphere, which would be silly because if everything is discounted then nothing really is.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:28:05 am by Spiderking50 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How would it work if I used WP to say make a champion mage? Could I just have him develop magic on his own or would I need to spend DP?

How should I use DP to increase the numbers of Integrators? Just creating more of them seems prohibitively expensive, would it be super expensive to do something like using DP to make the breed faster?

Does Ichor regenerate over time or not?

Why don't the snow children give WP?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:33:01 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You got your hivemind bonus. That's from your mind sphere. If they were made of water or shot water, or did something besides live in water then you might get something from your water sphere. Not particularly no. Spheres are mostly for flavor and define what themes your god will gravitate toward. They will sometimes earn you bonuses (maybe but probably not), but there is no clear and scientific way to do that. There's no real line as to what exactly falls within a sphere and how much less that should make something cost.

If everyone had a cost reduction on their specific sphere for all things relating to that sphere, it would be like we are just playing the game but everyone has a cost reduction for what they're doing.

So not really, you wouldn't get a cost reduction for creating an aquatic creature because of your water sphere, because then I'd have to give everyone a discount for their sphere, which would be silly because if everything is discounted then nothing really is.
I don't get a mind discount for the mind powers like the mind melding thing? Or heck, creating intelligent life?

The reason I thought I might get a discount for aquatic animals is you mentioned something about me getting a discount from my water sphere for creating the retconned seaweed stuff, but seems to have been retconned as well when I checked that post again.

You seem to be overcorrecting and making spheres meaningless tbh. Like for example, if I wanted to make a creatures that created water, would I get a sphere discount for that?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

As it is, a power that can bring other gods, their followers, and basically anything onto your team is a little bit strong. As of now there will be no constant sphere related discount. I may work something like that into the moon system however (although I have a ton of moons/things already).

If you used WP to make a mage, the mage would use their own mana and could research new spells directed by you for a constant WP cost. For example: you say to your mage "I want some mind spells, look into those" and then you spend WP points to research spells or do other actions. The speed of the action and potency of results should be in relation to the cost. A simple spell should cost about 2 or 3 WP and that can be done at once or collectively over several turns. (Think DND mage spells, a lv 1 spell equivalent would be 2-3 WP). This same process is used for commands like "hunt enemies" or "reproduce quickly."

Ichor does not regenerate. The only way to get it back is convert DP.

They should. Fixing now.

Turn is also ending soon. This is when the moon effects will happen. Take your turn in the next few minutes if you want to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14