Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: The Great Game of the Gods (A twice daily forum game) New players welcome  (Read 15868 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

((Not so much spread as just make a group of 5 so that I have a template to work with instead of just creating generic meat))

"I had intended for the fruits to be sweet rather than spicey, mmm.....when I get home I will make the adjustments to the trees. But for now, what's your story?"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

We are adventurers from a distant land. We were exploring some ruins and suddenly we were surrounded by starlight and ended up in the middle of this barren barren land. We have a return crystal, but we spent everything we had to buy it. To use it would mean that we adventured for nothing and will be broke as well. We were going to stay here as long as we could without dying before we went back.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"well there is not much to explore, this worlds gods have only just come into being, on the other hand if you stay for a while you will get to watch as the gods weave creation.  If you like you can come back with me. I would appreciate  the company."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

The humans (and riding dog) decide to come back with you! They may one day return to their homeland, but for now, hanging out with a god sounds about as adventurous as it gets!

They will act as noncombat champions. They are your friends, not you heroes. Besides that, you can write about what they do on your turn.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

((Question))

((how difficult is it to get already created wildlife/plantlife to spread?))

((I'd like to get that moss/lichen spreading so I can get some deer and shit over here))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright then"

go to shore, make a boat, then we sail home to region 14. Unless I think I can safely do for them what I did for me to run here.

In that case, use my power to let us all run back to region 14
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:39:31 am by endlessblaze »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Good question.
Half as much cost as creation to spread to an adjacent region.This does not work on sentient races. For not adjacent region, it costs the same as a new creation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How quickly will animals spread on their own as compared to plants, as long as there's life in the area to support them?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I want to ask about the rule about not fighting gods directly. would it cause something bad to happen? or is it just an instinctual taboo?))

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

The mechanic for plant spread is pretty slow. Many many turns long. And its really hard to keep track of. Animals will spread within a few turns of there being an appropriate ecosystem nearby.

Something bad.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((how bad?))

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

So bad that you will be really pissed at me for letting it happen. I am not a forgiving god narrator :P

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...................so......are we talking islands sinking, fire raining, seas boiling apocalypse bad. or GM unleashing a bolt of devine retribution on the character bad?))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty then. In Region 13, Sollia is.

In that case, Spread the Moss, Lichen, and Bacteria to all adjacent regions. Aka 6, 11, 12, 14, and 16. Also spread the Sungrass to regions 14 and 16. Should cost 6 DP in all. Use two IP for it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty then. In Region 13, Sollia is.

In that case, Spread the Moss, Lichen, and Bacteria to all adjacent regions. Aka 6, 11, 12, 14, and 16. Also spread the Sungrass to regions 14 and 16. Should cost 6 DP in all. Use two IP for it.

((NO! NO SPREADING TO 14! 14 IS MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14