Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The Great Game of the Gods (A twice daily forum game) New players welcome  (Read 15873 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Name: Valvatorez
Description: A figure garbed in heavy feather coats, the true form of Valvatorez is something very few ever see. With a heavy robe hiding the shape of his body, the only identifiable feature are two glowing eyes where the face of a human would be. These eyes are themselves surrounded by an extremely dark shadow, preventing anyone from seeing the god's other features.
Sphere: Deals
General motivation: To orchestrate the best story never told.
Other: Valvatorez is a patron of anyone who is willing to strike a deal.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Arim
Description: He has a form of a glowing giant dragonfly with golden wings
Spheres: Speed, Movement, Travelling
General motivation: He wants too see no pondering in this world. It should move fast, change fast, live fast.
Other: Arim never stops and prefer to not focus his attention on a single region, nation, cult or person.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:21:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Toras
Description: A strange clockwork figure, four arms connected at 90 degree points around the shoulder area, four insectoid shaped legs in a similar pattern at the bottom, Round cylindrical body with four more smaller arms hidden within. Head is large and wheel shaped vertically with big blue eyes at 90 degree points on the wheel, head can spin vertically and twist horizontally.
Spheres: Invention, Machinery, Clockwork
General motivation: To convert all life into perfect clockwork beings
Other: Toras makes a clicking sound as he talks which is the only way to find emotion in his voice as his voice is a monotone
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

If your god is based off a picture (drawn by you or anyone else) feel free to post it with your god entry. Please include a size (doesn't have to be exact) in the description. Size =/= power, but if you're too big or too small some things may be difficult. Try to make it match your character. (Ie: a forest god that is so big that it crushed its tress underfoot is not a very good forest god. However, a sea monster can be larger because it has more room.)

Few more players and then we'll start. More can join later without really being disadvantaged. The first turn will likely begin tonight or this afternoon sometime.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:04:13 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Personally, I suggest starting right away without waiting for more players. We have a decent set, and an active game is more interesting and will thus generate more applications.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile

My God:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:12:20 pm by TheLordofHouseRiley »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

The world is truly in its very beginnings. Or perhaps it is simply closing on a chapter of great sorrow and tragedy. You will likely never know if any had walked this world before you. Much of the land is torn asunder. A jagged mountain range cuts across the north westerns section of the this world. It is a maze of peaks, ravines, and caves. East of here are the great frozen wastes, a glacier  razed tundra where little life could survive if given the chance. As you moves southward this gives way to the rain lands. A fertile expanse despite the biting cold. South beyond that the world is more temperate and thenturns tropical. Finally the bottom part of the continent is a vast desert. Lakes and rives have occurred across the land. There is one major lake. There are various islands. Here is a crude drawing of the world (the world is actually very rocky and grey right now, as no life is actually on it. This is just a representation of the fertility levels of the land and the general shape):

The larger biomes are split into various regions as follows:

The Blind Worm, the Devouring Maw
You swim up from a dark and unfathomably deep trench. A terrible sight to behold, your vast expanse rising from the dark towards the surface. The dark did not both you, it was almost as if you belonged. You look back and the trench doesn't seem as big as it did moments ago. It is now, while still quite deep and dark, no longer bottomless. You notice the saltiness of the water and the temperature. It is temperate. Fast ocean stretches in all directions. The water is stale and lifeless. You are, as far as you know, the first thing to swim these waters and live within this world. Others will soon follow, you're somehow sure of this.
(Water Region 1)

Valvatorez
You have been walking along a path as long as you can remember. It is long and narrow and cold. You glance up and see a glacier on your left. It is expansive and fills you with inspiration. You take another step and your foot plunges into snow. You look town at the path, but it is not there. You turn to get back on the path, but it is not there either. You stand and observe a vast landscape of untrodden snow in every direction. The only footprints you see are the ones you are currently standing in. An icy wind blows, but your feathered coat keeps them away. You know you aren't alone, but the permafrost vista around you makes you half doubt this instinctual knowledge.
(Land region 3)

Arim
You have been flying through a cloud for eternity. Everything is a mix of white cloud and golden light. You cannot see much of anything, as the clouds press up against you tightly on every side. You fly faster, but feel no fear nor claustrophobia. You burst out of the cloud into a bright expanse. You see ocean and land spread out before you. They are both grey and dead. With no hesitation you speed forward to observe as much of the world as you can and as fast as you can. You fail to notice that there a few clouds in the sky as you feel the presence of other great beings.
(Water region 4)

Toras
You have been wondering a vast cavern for the entirety of your existence. The terrain has been difficult to traverse, even for your four insectoid legs. You have seen many metals and crystals as you traveled, but now you saw something you have yet to see. Daylight. You move to the mouth of the cave and see an expanse of barren hills underneath the sun. You feel as though the sun should be brighter than it is. After some calculation of light levels and heat you determine that the sun is rapidly decreasing in temperature and brightness, as part of a cycle. You turn to the cave and find yourself under a shallow overhang staring at a wall of solid rock.
(Land region unmarked next to 9,10 and 11. Whoops)

Simultaneously all gods turned their attention to the sky. Toras was already examining it. The sky had several moons. Upwards of 15 large ones and several others. Despite it being day several of these moons (and some stars) were quite visible, but more importantly, they were all perfectly aligned from east to west across the sky. They all seemed to slow with an otherworldly power. Moments after noticing this, they suddenly were no longer aligned. As if they never had been. They were now in various positions across the sky or nowhere to be found. Only 3 such moons remained visible. Nothing else immediately happened, so you decide to go about your new-found, yet quite barren, surroundings.

This marks the beginning of turn one. If everyone moves tonight then there will be two tonight. Otherwise next turn will begin tomorrow afternoon. Check your god description below for your bonus power and stats. Anyone who joins before all other players move will join during this turn.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Name: The Blind Worm, the Devouring Maw
Stats: 5 DP, 0WP, 12 IP
Special: Large (2 IP), Aquatic (No or very difficult land travel), Hive Mind (May share a hive mind with a chosen race, increasing control, but decreasing worship point income)

Name: Valvatorez
Stats:  5DP, 0 WP, 10 IP
Special: Deal maker (Decreases the cost of gaining champions if a deal can be made), Patron (Difficult to gain a wide follower base, easier to gain devoted followers of a specific type)

Name: Arim
Stats: 5 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP
Special: fast flier (Can move two regions per turn), airborne (unhindered by surface terrain), patron (Difficult to gain a wide follower base, easier to gain devoted followers of a specific type)

Name: Toras
Stats: 5 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP
Special: Mechanical (you have no bodily functions), Tinkerer (Gain bonus WP from construct based worshipers, but a decrease for fleshy worshipers).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:42:01 pm by Spiderking50 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This marks the beginning of turn one. If everyone moves tonight then there will be two tonight. Otherwise next turn will begin tomorrow afternoon. Check your god description below for your bonus power and stats. Anyone who joins before all other players move will join during this turn.
My God:
Can we directly create sapient life that just feeds on sunlight and magic or something? Or do we have to make food chains.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

My God:
Can we directly create sapient life that just feeds on sunlight and magic or something? Or do we have to make food chains.

I am working on his, he posted while I was writing.

EDIT: You could do that, but you'd have to store power in some sort of divine battery for them to feed off of. But you cannot create a system based of magic that sustains itself because you can only wield magic that comes from within yourself (DP) as opposed to ambient magic in the world (mana). Only mortals have mana as they are of this world.

Food chains are encouraged. If you want creatures to feed off your magic then you can, otherwise you should probably create some sort of system that can sustain life on its own. The amount of DP you put into life determines how advanced it is. (A sentient race of human intelligence would be about 8 or 9 points. Animals varies. Trees and complex plants are about 2. Grass and other food chain bases can go 2 for one DP (you must make two however since I don't want to eternally keep track of a .5 DP). These numbers are soft in that they are guides and can be tinkered with slightly. (You could make a human intelligence race for 6-7 DP if you decrease their size, strength, lifespan, something that poses a significant problem worth the amount of power.

Claiming a region as yours costs no power, but affecting it does. (Claiming it does not mean you are the only one who can affect it, its simply the area where you decide to call home. You can move one area a turn unless otherwise stated.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:55:26 pm by Spiderking50 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant have them feed on that ambient mana you mentioned?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Hmmm now that you mention it, I see one way that they could. Mana is more for mages as a secondary source for spells. Its ambient and not very concentrated, except in living creatures. If they eat mana then they could never become mages/magic users because they turn their internal mana into energy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fill sea regions 1, 2, 3 and 4 with Coral, Algae and Seaweed. (-6 Divine Power? Dip into ichor)

((Tired no, so no fluff or creativity. Get life started I guess))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:22:26 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Name: Sollia, The Sundancer
Description: A dancing woman made of light and flame. The apparent age, clothing, and dance changes.
Sphere: The Sun/Fire, Dancing(?)
General motivation: Some people just want to watch the world burn. In a good way, of course.
Other: Believes she has a masculine twin/lover sleeping below the world, a god of volcanoes and lava, hearth and home. She is also referred to as The Burning Queen.

That work for an application?

This looks fairly interesting, after all.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:45:47 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Fill sea regions 1, 2, 3 and 4 with Coral, Algae and Seaweed. (-6 Divine Power? Dip into ichor)

((Tired no, so no fluff or creativity. Get life started I guess))

How much Ichor do you want to convert?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14