Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Great Game of the Gods (A twice daily forum game) New players welcome  (Read 15889 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

Yes, if you spend 4 WP you can pick all four traits. I gave you a list of ten (But i think this may have been too many, because if I do a list of ten for each trait that means 40 traits to pick from. You picked the sixth one, so I think I may do 6 for each trait option. You just lucked out because I hadn't thought about having all four having ten options and got an extra 4 options out of the deal.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

@ Sollia

You enter region 7 and the darkness is dispelled. Underneath that darkness you spot the figure that it is emanating from. (All gods now know of this monster).

You see a savage looking monstrosity. It looks wild and undoubtably evil. It is twenty feet tall and vaguely troll shaped. It's knobby flesh is a disgusting mix of greens, grays, and purples. Open sores bleed and ooze across its rotting body. Flesh is hanging off in some places, revealing the bone. Despite this it is still quite fat. Its long arms and legs end with webbed claws and feet. It has a long goat tail and ram horns. It turns its face toward you. Its dead eyes are glazed over and blind. Its ears however are large and sharp, twitching in your direction as you approach. Its long pointed nose sniffs at your fiery aroma. It roars at you, revealing disgustingly rotten, but incredibly sharp teeth. This creature is evil and savage to its very core. It is not of this world. You instinctual know you shouldn't get anywhere close to it.

I feel, to be fair, that I should tell you that during monster creation this thing had several perfect rolls. So its stronger than I would have liked for a first monster, but hey, that's the game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:48:01 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Fire was purity.

And this...creature, was a festering wound on the world's surface, in dire need of cauterization.

And so the Dancer danced to the song of death. And fire erupted from her every step, trapping the beast. And as the Sun approached it's highest point, her power came to it's zenith, and it beat down like a great drum, scorching away layers of dead flesh. Scouring it in cleansing flame.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

I'm going to open up an OOC for general purpuses. I meant to do so days ago. Whoops. Link Soon. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151527.0

@Sollia

How much DP do you use?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:06:51 pm by Spiderking50 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was gonna use as much as I needed to get the job done.

Let's try 8, to start with.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

At noon you rain light and fire down upon the trapped beast. It has been watching you unmoving since you encased it in fire. The light is blinding, and powerful, but when the smoke clears it still stands. The beast roars, and darkness spews forth onto you damaging your body of flame. The beast knows it cannot win this fight and creates a system of caves beneath region 7. It escapes into the cave. The darkness does not dissipate, but clings to your fiery body smothering some of your flames.

(You take one IP of damage. )

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sollia danced around the mouth of the caves, and set flames that would burn eternally in front of them, wherever she laid her hand upon the ground. The beast would not escape easily, not until she smoked it out...but that would come later. When she had recovered her strength, and the sun reached it's peak once more..,

3 DP and one IP of Divine Flame to prevent it's escape.

Burn away the darkness on me. Use however much DP or IP necessary.

Then go to region 6 if I can.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:14:56 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

((im in 14 I think)) "mmmm........"

create flowers with black petals, and a red warm nectar.  make some humming birds with flaming wings to feed of these flowers
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile

I'm in region 21

My creations,though they are beutiful,still lack something...

Make some of the chickens sapient and sentient(they mean different things) and modify their feet so that they can hold and use tools(no extra limbs)

Can't think of a name for them right now so I'll just call them gallus sapiens(I am lazy when it comes to names)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile

Vornfar Turn #?
Turn Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I apologize about the champion thing)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:35:58 pm by TheLordofHouseRiley »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

Vornfar, you don't have any WP to make a champion. Why don't you make your scorpions intelligent (enough to worship you) first to get the WP needed to create champions next turn.

Its all good.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:38:07 pm by Spiderking50 »

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile

post edited

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move from 1 to 9 
Another god would try to finish the job, but the god of movement simply can't focus on one task. The Deep One got a chance to recover. Aris' mind was focused on another project. He desired children. Children made from his own essence.

Populate the world with sentient giant flying predatory dragonflies. They have a size of a lynx and  they are always on the move. Their migration route is 9-Water1-21-water2-water-4-13-11-10  and back to 9.

They lay eggs in any available water. Their larvae are unintelligent but deadly aquatic predator.

spend all aviable DP and up to 4 inchor on them.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile

End of Turn 6

Special Note: All players need to post their region at the beginning of their posts. This is necessary so I don't have to search for it or go through backlogs of posts to find everyone's location. This will improve the game because regional effects and the spread of life will be easier to keep track of. I am incapable of remembering the position of all 8 or you, and your creations. If you have already been doing this or have started to do this, I thank you. (I'm just gonna leave this notice up for a a bit because eome people haven't moved in a while.)

The state of the world (End of 6 / beginning of turn 7)
1.   Mountains, barren, Arim
2.   Microbial life
3.   Glaciers,
3.1 Snow Children, sulfur geysers, purple bacteria
4.   Barren,
5.   Barren
6.   Barren, Sollia
7.   Barren
7.1   Dark prescence
8.   Barren
9.   Barren
10.   Lake, poisonous fish, seaweed, lake coral, rabbits, deer, foxes, coyotes, and (smart) Great Scorpions, Vornfar
11.   Barren
12.   Barren
13.   Microbial life, lichen, and moss, sweetblossum bushes, charcoal trees,
14.   Fire trees, a 2.5 story tower of glowing lavender stone, dark flowers, flaming humming birds
15.   Barren
16.   Barren
17.   Barren
18.    Microlife, small plants, forge trees, ANDs, (Previously unnumbered region)
19.   Barren
20.   Guests
21.   Islands, bacteria, grass, fruit trees, grasshoppers and chickens, gallimimus, humming birds, albatross, Sullag
22.   Barren
23.   Barren
24.   Barren
Water
1.   Microscopic life, manavore plankton, seaweed
1.1 Damaged Waterheart, Blind Worm, Integrators
2.   Microscopic life, shrimp, crabs
3.   Microscopic life
4.   Microscopic life
Sky
1.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits, Giant Dragon Flies
2.   Lightning Bacteria, Arismits, Giant Dragon Flies

Stats:

Name: The Blind Worm, the Devouring Maw
Stats: 5 DP, 2 WP, 3 IP

You work to recover from your conflict with Arim. You repair almost all of the damage to the water heart (as there is a giant rock situated in it, its not quite as big). You heal yourself and strengthen your force-field as well.

Your champion awaits your command.

Name: Valvatorez
Stats:  33 DP, 3 WP, 10 IP

No action.

Name: Arim
Stats: 8 DP, 0 WP, 10 IP

The sky is filled with giant dragonflies. They are migratory. Their life cycle takes them all across the world. (-3 for insect, -2 for large, +1 for movement = -4 DP)

Name: Toras
Stats: 20 DP, 0 WP, 9 IP

No action

Vornfar
Stats: 11 DP, 1 WP, 10 IP

You raise up your great scorpions to the level of intelligence of a human. They recognize you as the apex predator, and worship you. They prepare for the great hunt (-4 for intelligence)

Sollia
Stats: 6? DP, 0 WP, 8 IP

After fighting with the unholy monstrosity, you feel yourself low on energy. Your dancing slows, but you do not falter. You never stumble. (-8 for zenith attack, -3 DP and 1 IP for eternal flame+ 1 DP for sphere, -2 DP for cleanse +1 DP for sphere).

Sullag
Stats: 5 DP, 1 WP, 10 IP

Your chickens evolve to the point where they can communicate and use tools. They see you and worship as their god (-5 DP for evolution)

Name: Ignis
Stats: 10 DP, 0 WP, 8 IP

You create flowers as dark as night with nectar as red as fire. Feasting among these flowers are fiery humming birds. At night they are beautiful and amazing to see. (-2 for plant, -3 for bird)

These numbers include your points for next turn.

The dark force hides in its cave. It knows it is trapped, it despises the fire that has trapped it here. It awaits an enemy. Chunks of flesh fall off and scatter throughout the caves. The dark troll's power has given them a strange and dark half life.

The humans and dog wander the wild. It is barren there that there is not much adventure. They consider find a new land to adventure.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:40:49 pm by Spiderking50 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sollia grew weary. The creature's strikes had tired her, as had her own. She so wanted to lay down and sleep...and yet she wanted so to dance the dance anew, with creations of her own who might learn new dances! With limbs growing tired, she decided. She would make them after just a short nap...they would need something else though, soon after...little by little, the world was lighting up.

After all...she could dance in her sleep, it was so natural.

Move to region 13

Rest
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:18:12 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14