Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)  (Read 3651 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »

bits and pieces. Each individual body part has hit points! When a body part loses all its hit points, it dies/falls off. When something loses the majority of its body part hit points, it dies.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »

what is death? Things just get knocked out if their living or destroyed if their nonliving, and if they are just knocked out they kindly just let you walk by even though your on different sides
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »

bits and pieces. Each individual body part has hit points! When a body part loses all its hit points, it dies/falls off. When something loses the majority of its body part hit points, it dies.

+1

some enemies have cores that if destroyed, will instantly die. these are normally well protected if the enemy has one at all.

the average golem has a core in there chest, protected by the material of there body
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 09:20:04 pm »

Combat will use a bits-and-pieces health system, where you can damage and destroy individual body parts. The blue octopus' attack shatters the golem's right arm, but the magical construct just shrugs off the injury and breaks through the earthen barrier. It crashes through the doorway, ready to start swinging at the cephalopods!
In the viewscreen, the sloths have also got into a fight, jumping the green thing for little discernible reason.

What do our heroes do?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 09:34:41 pm »

aim for the core

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 09:37:19 pm »

aim for the core
No, good sir, go for the left arm first, rendering the golem powerless!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 09:40:45 pm »

aim for the core

if we smash the core we kill it.

SMASH THE CORE

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 12:21:52 am »

aim for the core

if we smash the core we kill it.

SMASH THE CORE

Golem has no defense. You can probably sneeze on it and it'll fall down.

+1
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 01:41:33 pm »

The octopi decide to aim for the golem's core, hoping to destroy it before the fight even begins. Uncertain of whether they want to use magic, they decide to go with the good ol' stab-stab maneuver, a universal technique in pointy-things-jitsu. Before their blades connect, the golem throws up its remaining arm pieces, shielding its vital center but losing its last upper-body limb.
The golem attempts a counterattack, but its kick is easily avoided by the purple octopus' ninja-like speed.
You have no idea what's going on with the sloths now. Some sort of debate-battle, involving companies you've never heard of? Sure, why not.

What do the octopi do now? And, better late than never, do they have names? If so, what are they?

Unfortunately, I'm leaving tomorrow for three weeks, so this game will no doubt sink into obscurity while I'm away. But never fear, it will return!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »

Hah, that golem has fallen into my trap card! The blue one uses up the rest of his mana points to create a razor-sharp wind blast aimed at the golem's legs! Purple stabs its head, I suppose.

Blue octo is named Blue and Purple octo is named Patrick.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »

Hah, that golem has fallen into my trap card! The blue one uses up the rest of his mana points to create a razor-sharp wind blast aimed at the golem's legs! Purple stabs its head, I suppose.

Blue octo is named Blue and Purple octo is named Patrick.

personally im in favor of going for the core again now that it cant protect itself.

but sure why not +1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]