Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)  (Read 3665 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 12:44:28 pm »

what im saying is that the blue one can throw fireballs, make spikes if earth, blow away enemy, ect.

the purple one only can adjust stats, he could make himself strong and wrestle them but I don't feel like that would be effective against all enemies (slimes for instants) whereas the blue's magic will function as an attack in many circumstances, I feel that the purple one needs to start with a weapon to balance it out
Blue one fights by throwing rocks at people

Purple one fights by taking away everyone's strength and then beats the shit out of them using his rapier

such balance

I think your underestimating elemental powers
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 05:29:31 pm »

Real life is apparently a thing that gets in the way of running forum games. Who knew? Due to this unexpected complication, updates will be pretty sporadic, but this game isn't dying quite yet!

You choose a rusty dagger to put in each of the octopi's limited slots hammerspace inventory. Inventory screen unlocked!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Said inventory has an undefined number of slots. How many slots does it have?

What situation do the octopi find themselves in? Creativity time! Throw in whatever you want; backstory, setting, some history, and objective, whatever! This won't end up exactly as you suggest, though, just to make it a bit less predictable.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 04:52:27 pm »

10 slots, 5 for inventory, five for equipment.

one aspect of the game is

-they wish to explore and loot so that's what they are doing.

anyone got anything to add?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 05:00:10 pm »

The setting is an underground reaserch lab

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 05:09:32 pm »

-they wish to explore and loot so that's what they are doing.
-The setting is an underground research lab (research into a wide verity of fields, see point 3)
-magic, normal technology, sy-fi level tech, and magitech all co-exsist

keep the suggestions coming guys

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »

for the very early game they are in an artificial ecosystem with thier memories erased. all they remember is the need to work together and thier hunger for loot. the artifical ecosytem is underground and was monitored by the reaserch center.

they later escape into the labs. after traveling through the labs they reach the underground utopian city. in the city there are still survivors from the varius disastors inflicted upon it and its inhabitants both self-inflocted and caused by the city states many enemies.
the labs became mosly abandoned because of the lack of population which prevented them from staffing all of the hundreds of research projects they begun.
(sorry about that is this better)
p.s.do you know any good spellcheckers for the kindle touch?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:36:20 pm by High tyrol »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »

I have literally no idea what you just said. May I recommend spellcheck?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 09:27:38 pm »

for the very early game they are in an artificial ecosystem with thier memories erased. all they remember is the need to work together and thier hunger for loot. the artifical ecosytem is underground and was monitored by the reaserch center.

they later escape into the labs. after traveling through the labs they reach the underground utopian city. in the city there are still survivors from the varius disastors inflicted upon it and its inhabitants both self-inflocted and caused by the city states many enemies.
the labs became mosly abandoned because of the lack of population which prevented them from staffing all of the hundreds of research projects they begun.

I have no idea how to compress this for the list but yes, this looks great

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »

I have no idea how to compress this for the list but yes, this looks great
Pretty much, but beware of golems.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 01:18:57 am »

The two octopi have found themselves in a laboratory observation room, observing an artificial underground ecosystem. You're not really scientists, but maybe you can use the terminal or those vats or something to influence this ecosystem? The main test subject seems to be a sloth (apparently named "KRONOS") who somehow magically creates other sloths to carry his loot around whenever he acquires a new item. Maybe you're supposed to help him, or maybe try to kill him? Who knows! But judging by those golems you saw clunking around the lab outside, the sloth might not be the only thing you have to worry about... and there's no doubt loot to be had by exploring the laboratory!
What is your first action, and what game mechanics would be used to resolve it? The game mechanics suggestions can be as vague or specific as you want; as usual with this game, basically anything goes!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

use hacking to hack the terminal, and determine the use  of the pods

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »

You don't have a hacking skill, but fortunately, it just turns on when you press a button.
You enter your query:

Meanwhile, the viewscreen shows the sloth... marking its territory with some kind of symbol. You're not sure what it does, and the sloth leaves the area anyway, moving west. Due to some sort of geometrical irregularity, the sloth appears to be jumping across the treetops as if they were platforms in a 2D platformer, even though it was in 2.5 dimensions like your own just a few seconds ago. Hmm. It arrives at a waterfall, and the ecosystem reverts to 2.5D, turning the waterfall into a pond.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 11:56:49 pm »

type into the terminal"locate weapons lab"after reading the reply type"help modification of ecosystem general parameters and inputs
(like it's moisture modification rate or lighting level)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 12:28:22 am »

Attempt to use Terminal to disable water flow for the waterfall, so that the sloth can continue moving.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:44 am »

Purple should tap the blue pod twice with his sword.

Also are there any signs or images on the walls?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4