Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)  (Read 3659 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:49:23 pm »

Hmm. Possibilities. So many possibilities.

What will you fill this bright void with? Many questions must be asked. Firstly, how many characters are controlled by the players? What species are they? You would do well to make many suggestions: even if they are not chosen as characters, they may become enemies or allies. Simplicity would be good as well; only one or two defining characteristics for the species, s'il vous plz.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: The Metagame - A Strange Game of Game Creation (for now)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 11:45:57 pm »

2 but each limb and head is controlled by a different player. Both are land octopuses.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:54 am »

4 players, they Seem to be human, but with wings and claws, the wings and claws can be made from a wide variety of matrials .
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 09:35:33 am »

2 but each limb and head is controlled by a different player. Both are land octopuses.
+1
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »

After brief debate, you decide that a pair of land octopi should be the first creatures on this blank page.

Each of their limbs is controlled separately? Sure, why not! A suggestion should state how many limbs it wants to devote to its task, anywhere from 1 to 8.
Let the creation continue! What stats or abilities will these octopi possess? Dexterity, sliminess, eldritch summoning power? Anything goes! Feel free to suggest as many as you want, but the octopi'll probably only get 3 or four to start.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 03:23:35 pm »

use of will magic(magic done simply by thinking about it, spells and gestures are simply for aesthetic apeal and stuff)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 09:21:24 pm »

use of will magic(magic done simply by thinking about it, spells and gestures are simply for aesthetic apeal and stuff)
-1. The octopi must move their limbs to cast spells! Why else would we have each of their limbs controlled separately?

The purple one will be more agile and possess spells that alter stats, its or others, and the blue one will be more tough and possess spells that allow it to control the elements.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »

-1. The octopi must move their limbs to cast spells! Why else would we have each of their limbs controlled separately?

The purple one will be more agile and possess spells that alter stats, its or others, and the blue one will be more tough and possess spells that allow it to control the elements.

(so the players controlling the limbs all would have to agree, kind of like a suggestion game but not? ......I kind of like that idea, fine. we go with this. but I want some other characters to have will magic later)

edit- oh and they should have high strength and speed for the other 2 stat/abilties
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:43:57 pm by endlessblaze »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 02:15:40 am »

(so the players controlling the limbs all would have to agree, kind of like a suggestion game but not? ......I kind of like that idea, fine. we go with this. but I want some other characters to have will magic later)

edit- oh and they should have high strength and speed for the other 2 stat/abilties

Don't forget the eldritch summoning rituals!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »

Fine abilities indeed! The blue octopus has three points in elemental magicks and three points in strength, while the purple octopus has three speed points and three in stat magicks.

Do these octopi possess any items? A void sword, an eldritch staff? Also, how does the inventory system for this game work? The classic 'limited slots hammerspace' type thing, or something more creative?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 08:29:03 pm »

limited slots hammer space. the blue one starts with a nothing (he starts with magic that will work in combat well, he can get a sword later) , the purple one has a basic rapier

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 08:42:41 pm »

. the blue one starts with a nothing (he starts with magic that will work in combat well, he can get a sword later) , the purple one has a basic rapier
-1. They were created as equals, they shall maintain their equality.. for the time being.

Each of them shall possess a rusty dagger, a starter weapon if I ever saw one. As for inventory, I am open to suggestions.

(he starts with magic that will work in combat well
how do you even
do you not understand the purple one's ability to both take away strength and give himself more
it has tons of combat usage
carrot cakeu

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »

what im saying is that the blue one can throw fireballs, make spikes if earth, blow away enemy, ect.

the purple one only can adjust stats, he could make himself strong and wrestle them but I don't feel like that would be effective against all enemies (slimes for instants) whereas the blue's magic will function as an attack in many circumstances, I feel that the purple one needs to start with a weapon to balance it out

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 11:55:44 pm »

what im saying is that the blue one can throw fireballs, make spikes if earth, blow away enemy, ect.

the purple one only can adjust stats, he could make himself strong and wrestle them but I don't feel like that would be effective against all enemies (slimes for instants) whereas the blue's magic will function as an attack in many circumstances, I feel that the purple one needs to start with a weapon to balance it out
Blue one fights by throwing rocks at people

Purple one fights by taking away everyone's strength and then beats the shit out of them using his rapier

such balance
carrot cakeu

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 02:23:34 am »

Each of them shall possess a rusty dagger, a starter weapon if I ever saw one

+1

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3 4