Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 22973 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2015, 10:56:06 pm »

Turn 14: 4:01 PM

Spoiler: Catalyst De Aer (click to show/hide)

You simply wait, maybe an opportunity to do something will present itself.

Why is lizard thumping?

It is massive, it's steps are doing the Thumping.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Leave a gold coin outside the village, sit in hiding and wait for someone to pick it up.

[Still here, just got distracted!]

6, 18, you waste a ton of time waiting for someone to pick up the coin, but people seem to be staying within the village walls.

Eventually though you get a bite. a Guard walks by, Noticing the gold coin, he picks it up and looks around for an owner, before shrugging and walking off.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

If we're still on the trip, follow them up the mountain. If we're not, ask for a torch, and head to the library.

You ask for a torch, and are given a funny look before one of them breaks off a thick branch, Wrapping it with simple cloth, and thrusting it at you.

You eventually figure out how to open the leech jar, the handle pops out now that it is full, and you carefully pour a measure of it on the stick lighting it aflame.

Against all reason, you decide to go back to the Library.

Once again, you are at the Gates, light source in hand.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

Leave the area.

You decide that this place is nowhere near where you want to be.

14, 7, eventually, you come to the edge of the Island, stopping at a notable little landmark, a tall boulder with a Dead tree fallen at it's base, It gives you a strange feeling you can't quite put your stump on, though it is completely natural and as far as you can tell, not yet touched by any hand or effect other than erosion and decay.

The good Baron, with a bit of fiddling, dons all four bracelets and then sets off down the path in the direction which seems the most away from the spider forest.

Eventually, you come to an odd sight, a massive floating island, directly over the path.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Aye, still interested am I as well. I just got back, so Argrark can continue selling for this turn, but I definitely want to rejoin for next turn, if you decide to continue.

2, 11, No customers, but you see the pig creature drop something shiny on the ground before going into hiding at the base of the mountain nearby.

Eventually a potential customer walks by it, and picks it up, leaving.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:58:06 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »

Avoid the lizard, Do some exploring.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2015, 11:36:19 pm »

Curious about this turn of events, Argrark goes to meet this pig fellow. Why did their business plan of giving out free gold attract customers more quickly than Argrark's sales model? Argrark approaches the hiding spot carefully, making sure to call out to the pig rather than just sneaking up on them. He stows the shovel making machine in a safe, hidden location before leaving.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »

Run in, grab as many books as I can carry, and run out. Take care to not accidentally burn them.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2015, 03:02:47 pm »

Oink is surprised by the appearance of the great clockwork man.

"What manner of beast are you?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:50 pm »

Argrark explains to the little piggy that he is not a beast, he is just a regular clockwork giant. He asks what manner of beast the pig is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2015, 04:42:49 pm »

^Hm.^

Scan the area with my aether sense.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »

examine the decaying tree more thoroughly.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2015, 05:39:53 pm »

The good Baron examines the floating island more closely, both with telepathy and with eyes. Is it inhabited? Is it drifting? Is it within jumping distance of the ground? If not, are there any trees that would allow the good Baron to jump onto it? If the island is drifting, will it drift towards a suitable tree?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2015, 02:04:42 am »

Turn 15: 4:17 PM

Spoiler: Catalyst De Aer (click to show/hide)

^Hm.^

Scan the area with my aether sense.

5, 11, You sense the Aether around you, Nothing out of the ordinary for what seems to be a rather hellish place, but then, you suppose no news is good news.

The Imp holding you Breaches the exit, and begins to approach a Massive metal fortress floating in the air, it is painted a bright yellow, and hovers using whatever strange force keeps his chair aloft.

He takes you in hand as the Chair Attaches to the Monstrosity, and You are both sucked in to a lavish throne room.

Avoid the lizard, Do some exploring.

7, 5, You avoid the lizard, Exploring in the opposite direction, you eventually discover... not much really, some mushrooms and a funny rock are the highlight of your search.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Oink is surprised by the appearance of the great clockwork man.

"What manner of beast are you?"

5, The machine Screams at you in a deafening tone that it is not a monster, but rather a Grand Clockwork Giant, and Waves it's arms dangerously in wide sweeping gestures as it steps closer.

It Demands to know what manner of beast you are.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Run in, grab as many books as I can carry, and run out. Take care to not accidentally burn them.

13, 8, You push open the doors once again, this time going for quantity over quality, All of the books aside from those further in have taken on a faint blue glow, but once again ,quantity is all that matters.

You grab as many as you can and run out, before Being clotheslined by the very pile of books you tried to pilfer, a force field over the door seems to have sprung up since you last entered, and is keeping books with a blue glow inside. -1 HP, -1 EG

You very nearly have a failure to survive as you roll out of the way of your falling torch, it clatters to the ground harmlessly.

The doors slam closed once again, shoving the books inside like chips to a shark's side of the table.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

examine the decaying tree more thoroughly.

You pause to examine the Decaying tree more thoroughly, despite it being dead, it still holds much potential for life, it's energy yet to be harvested.

The good Baron examines the floating island more closely, both with telepathy and with eyes. Is it inhabited? Is it drifting? Is it within jumping distance of the ground? If not, are there any trees that would allow the good Baron to jump onto it? If the island is drifting, will it drift towards a suitable tree?

There are many minds on it, too many to pick out particular ones at this extreme distance, it is not drifting, it is not within jumping distance for you, the trees nearby come to maybe a 10th of it's height off the ground.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Curious about this turn of events, Argrark goes to meet this pig fellow. Why did their business plan of giving out free gold attract customers more quickly than Argrark's sales model? Argrark approaches the hiding spot carefully, making sure to call out to the pig rather than just sneaking up on them. He stows the shovel making machine in a safe, hidden location before leaving.

You call out to him to give him fair warning before approaching.

Argrark explains to the little piggy that he is not a beast, he is just a regular clockwork giant. He asks what manner of beast the pig is.

You explain using your words and gestures that you are not a mindless beast, but rather a Clockwork Giant, you also ask what manner of beast it is.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2015, 02:28:25 am »

Check how long until the Event. Examine the rock. Why is it funny?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:38 am »

I tap into its energy to make more mushroom people
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »

Drop the blue books, pick up my torch, pick up some of the books that aren't blue, then run out
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2015, 03:43:12 pm »

^Hm.^

Continue waiting.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2015, 06:05:12 pm »

Agrark asks the pig what they're doing here. Are they trying to start their own business by dropping gold coins in various locations as a PR move?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20