Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23145 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:00 pm »

Aw. There goes my plan of getting a discount on all of my spells by swearing an oath to cast them before casting them.

How much pp, mana, and elbow grease would I get (per day) if I swore to learn from the Infinite Library, with one of the town's priests helping me with making the oath (to a specific god)?

((None, but making a more substantial Boast might Garner some attention.  Swearing to Learn It's secrets, to only learn from it's tomes, to learn a specified amount from there, or Swearing to learn and study from there for a predetermined amount of time, or until a certain goals is achieved. these are just examples however, to give you a general idea.))

Turn 6: 1:50 AM

You all feel tired, 1/7 Sleeping

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Diagnose the problem with the external cameras.

According to Diagnostics, the Camera's are submerged, and by extension, Overexposed to the light being given off by the Magma.

Bite the patient to subdue it! Aim for the smaller part of the upper limb. Then remove the sphere.

13, You jump with Feline grace and try once more to rip that dang orb out of him, until finally you succeed.

The patient drops down to the ground, comatose. you were too late it seems, next time you will need to remove it much quicker you suspect...

It is still moving a little, but for the most part seems to be dying.

12, 17, The Damn orb is squirming in your Grip, but you push it back down between your paws, it seems you have changed shape.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Am I sort of being carried atop a wave of hurtling kindling?  If so, let's surf!

17, you manage to ride the wave rather harmlesly as it Rampages through the forest.

16, Eventually you figure out some ways you cansort of shift it's direction.

16, and finally, you manage to get it Headed towards the Encampment, the herd of Kindling rushes over, Unfortunately Parting at the cooling embers, The Humans however, Awaken quickly, Panicking as they are Overwhelmed.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Cast the white ritual half a mile away from the town. Thank the god of GM fiat for his help.

You cast the white spell, and suddenly become lightheaded, your heartbeat feels uncomfortably quick, and your skin gains a faint red tint. -2 MP

You sit down for a moment until the feeling passes, you can hear your heartbeat, and your nose starts to bleed.

Thankfully, all of these symptoms pass with time, and you suspect the spell is a blood thinner. It may even raise blood pressure as well.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I scream STOP! I run over to the brown thing and examine it, try to stop the beast from eating it if it tries

It backs off, wondering if it was too hasty in assuming you do not eat.

You examine the brown thing, it looks like three hairy arms without hands. It is connected at the top.

0-The good Baron recommends that the Jamie either assists in spider slaying or absconds with all due haste!-0

The good Baron uses Prewind to summon a [hopefully more competent] future self to help against the giant spider.

"What Spider?!"

She Screams and tries to roll away.

You cast prewind, dragging your future self here. -1 MP

18, in a flash of light a handsome looking cat Flies through an open portal.

1-Greetings my good sir, all things considered, I assume this is about the spider from before?-1

17, He Moves to the side and gestures for you to do the same, and as you both dodge, the Spider Crashes down, Having jumped while you were casting the spell.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark is very tired. He really needs rewinding right away.
Argrark tries to find the town's milling building, whether it's a water wheel or a windmill (a water wheel would be better). He tries to find the miller and ask if he could use the mill (he promises not to break anything), and says it's really very important. If he gets permission to, Argrark goes into the mill and figures out how to use it to rewind his clockwork. Hopefully there are exposed gears or something, but he could probably just stick a gear on the main drive shaft if worst comes to worst.
If he doesn't get permission, Argrark asks very nicely again. If the miller still says no, Argrark seems to be out of options. He dejectedly walks around the village, all sad and stuff. He absentmindedly tinkers with gears and things.

Some skepticism is garnered at the local windmill, but ultimately they concede to your whining, if only because it is so early, and they would rather sleep.

You insert the Drive Shaft into your mouth and the appropriate slot for Energy absorbion, and with some Adjustment, you begin to recover energy.

You are now Basically Sleeping

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:12:31 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:52 pm »

((I don't know what I could be doing to get out of this situation, Shadestyle.))

Try to swim somewhere in the mech?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:40:48 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2015, 09:33:58 pm »

Eat the orb! The best way to deal with medical waste is to burn it within a nonelucidian belly.

Then investigate form. When did I get paws?

Then investigate patient. How comatose is comatose?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »

"Rrright... back to Plan A..."

"Kneel, mortals!  You stand before a superior being!  Kneel, or my tides shall put an end to you!"

Then try and dismount the timber stampede.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:57 pm »

((I don't know what I could be doing to get out of this situation, Shadestyle.))

((Ahh, my bad, it was intended to be a survival-esque situation, where using the tools at your disposal, you try and survive, picking up rubble, catching the creatures of this area to prepare for inevitable food shortage, and finding your way to Literally any kind of "dry" land. swimming was always an option though for the early-game, considering the mech is bottom heavy, and Buoyant in the magma.))

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2015, 10:33:24 pm »

Argrark continues to rewind his clockwork, hoping to reach MAXIMUM STRENGTH by morning. After all, making your own village takes a lot of work.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »

If possible, I try to give it sentience. If I cannot (because I honestly have no idea what this is actually) then I apologize and feed it to the boar.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »

((Ahh, my bad, it was intended to be a survival-esque situation, where using the tools at your disposal, you try and survive, picking up rubble, catching the creatures of this area to prepare for inevitable food shortage, and finding your way to Literally any kind of "dry" land. swimming was always an option though for the early-game, considering the mech is bottom heavy, and Buoyant in the magma.))
((I assumed I wouldn't be able to swim because it's a huge clunky mech that's not built to swim, and lava is about 10,000 times as viscous as water (like swimming in really cold corn syrup). I'd probably float, even though the mech is not shaped like a boat (which is part of what lets huge boats like aircraft carriers float), since lava is also 3 times as dense as water. I can only conclude that, at best, I'd just be able to putt around on the surface very, very slowly. Probably enough acceleration to catch magma fish unless they attack me directly.))

Try to cook up some way to harness the heat from the magma around me to regenerate the mech's batteries.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2015, 01:34:41 am »

Help the workers collect more clay, so that I can get enough clay for the blue ritual. Collect a stick, then sleep, perchance to dream.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2015, 01:55:11 am »

Help the workers collect more clay, so that I can get enough clay for the blue ritual. Collect a stick, then sleep, perchance to dream.

((No elbow grease, you are like Popeye if he were a nerd with no Spinach))

((I assumed I wouldn't be able to swim because it's a huge clunky mech that's not built to swim, and lava is about 10,000 times as viscous as water (like swimming in really cold corn syrup). I'd probably float, even though the mech is not shaped like a boat (which is part of what lets huge boats like aircraft carriers float), since lava is also 3 times as dense as water. I can only conclude that, at best, I'd just be able to putt around on the surface very, very slowly. Probably enough acceleration to catch magma fish unless they attack me directly.))

((I was actually curious, so I did some testing in Littlebig planet 2. A two legged Doggy-paddle most definitely had a reasonable pace. with an ED209 Styled robot.))

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:58:37 am by Shadestyle »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:52 am »

Just sleep then.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2015, 09:04:28 pm »

Turn 6: 2:02 AM

You all feel incredibly tired, 2/7 Sleeping

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Try to cook up some way to harness the heat from the magma around me to regenerate the mech's batteries.

Your vehicles internal nuclear batteries could in theory use magma in place of the usual fissionable materials, but without adequate Heat dispersal, or magma resistant materials, it could also Melt the Reaction chamber, breaching the mech and ending in it sinking.

If you crack open the mech's internal workings, you could in theory simply turn the turbines manually, but since it is currently still running, this would be a poor decision.

You feel sleepy, a minor remnant of the Cryosleep you think, requiring an actual sleep soon after.

Eat the orb! The best way to deal with medical waste is to burn it within a nonelucidian belly.

Then investigate form. When did I get paws?

Then investigate patient. How comatose is comatose?

10, 19, You consume the orb, your True form's stomach could surely digest such a dangerous substance.

You seem to have gotten it when the creature saw you, and when the bright light started coming up.

Suddenly, you fall down, the parasitic orb does NOT agree with your course of action, ripping it's way out of your changed form, and rushing back to it's host. -3 MP -2 HP

You likely should have expected this considering you aren't in your true form.

The victim makes some kind of gasping noise, how sick, it seems the orb is keeping the poor creature alive for it's own malicious purposes.

You need to get out of here quickly, your strength is fading fast, and everything seems blurry and generally tiring.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

"Rrright... back to Plan A..."

"Kneel, mortals!  You stand before a superior being!  Kneel, or my tides shall put an end to you!"

Then try and dismount the timber stampede.

"Wha the hell? talkin' piggu, les get outta here boys!"

they run away from the stampeding wave of Tinder and branches, leaving behind their precious campsite.

You feel pretty tired, hopefully they won't get back before you can rob them blind and find somewhere safe to sleep.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Just sleep then.

You go back to your small camp, and lay your head down to rest.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

If possible, I try to give it sentience. If I cannot (because I honestly have no idea what this is actually) then I apologize and feed it to the boar.

8, 18, You rub your hands on the root, trying to bring it life. -2 EG -1 PP

Two small mushrooms bud on the root, inspiring a weird feeling in you. Pride.

The tiny things are completely unable to move around on their own, and without any practice, seem to be pretty useless right now, they do have eyes and a mouth however.

You get a very strong feeling you won't be growing Shrooms capable of their own locomotion any time soon.

The boar lies down, closing it's eyes and slowing it's breathing after digging up a small spot to do so.

10, Your future self seems to remember you spacing out at this point, as he drags you away by your neck, just in time to avoid an obviously deadly bite.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark continues to rewind his clockwork, hoping to reach MAXIMUM STRENGTH by morning. After all, making your own village takes a lot of work.

You plan to rest until your clockwork is completely rewound!

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:06:50 pm by Shadestyle »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:39 pm »

Tactical retreat. This medical emergency can wait to another day. The parasite is keeping its host alive.

Do eldritch abominations need to sleep? If so, sleep in a tree.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:51:33 pm by Kevak »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2015, 09:20:24 pm »

0-Yes, the good Baron thanks the... GOODEST Baron. The good Baron wonders if the goodest Baron perhaps posesses any tools to better deal with this uncouth arachnid?-0

If the good Baron's future self does not have anything that can kill or incapacitate the rude spider, the good Baron attempts to run away in a distracting manner so as to allow Jamie to abscond more successfully.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:32 pm »

I am very proud of my people. They are small and immobile, but are capable of seeing and discussing the world. They shall accompany me. I take the root and place it attop the boar. If he allows me, I also ride the boar.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20