Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23163 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2015, 01:05:23 am »

"Well then. That actually went better than expected."

How far is it to the nearest village? How far is it to the nearest clay deposit? Does the nearest village have a potter?

If the nearest village does have a potter (or if I don't know if it does), head there and rent a room in a hotel or something (or camp just outside of the village. If it does not have a potter, set up a camp near the nearest clay deposit and rest through the night.

May the nearest village please be Argrark's village?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:15 am »

Argrark (very carefully) pats the carpenter on the back and thanks him for his help.

Argrark tries to think how he'd make this wall better. He looks around for a good thick group of trees, and if he finds one pretty close by, Argrark goes on a rampage through the woods, knocking down as many trees as he can. After he's done, the giant brings them back to the wall and talks to the carpenter about how best to use them to reinforce the wall. Should he make them into planks to cover the whole thing, or just add a few butresses, or stick the trees whole upright in the ground in front of the dirt wall?

Argrark is probably pretty wound-down by now, though. He tries to think of some way to get his clockwork rewound without making his new friend the carpenter even more tired. Maybe he could convince the local miller to let him use a water wheel or a windmill? But that could probably wait until after he makes the wall strong enough for tonight.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2015, 09:51:50 pm »

Deactivate all nonessential systems, including the remote cams until I can repair them, except for the fridge if I know that has vital perishable supplies in it. Hopefully that takes some of the drain off. First thing's first: check a manual porthole (hopefully there's a transparent, armored window I can use to pilot the mech without actually exposing myself to the conditions outside the mech) to see what my immediate surroundings are.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:45 pm »

Turn 6: 1:29 AM

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Deactivate all nonessential systems, including the remote cams until I can repair them, except for the fridge if I know that has vital perishable supplies in it. Hopefully that takes some of the drain off. First thing's first: check a manual porthole (hopefully there's a transparent, armored window I can use to pilot the mech without actually exposing myself to the conditions outside the mech) to see what my immediate surroundings are.

You disable everything not required, saving valuable energy, a quick check of the fridge reveals 4 Gallons of water and 4 Gallons of Caloric liquid. 10 servings of 1000 Calories each.

Unfortunately, a Widow is an unacceptable hazard for such a machine, you open the top round hatch and immediately smell sulfur, Poking your head out, you find something truly unbelievable.

Your mech has been floating in a literal Ocean of Magma.

Quick and calm examination reveal that as you aren't dead, the lava must not be emitting many if any harmful gasses, the heat however, most certainly is.

In all directions you see nothing but the red liquid.

14, 10, in some fresh new batch of insanity, there seem to even be some moving objects in the Magma. in the distance, you see what looks like a school of fish erupting from the surface.

Around the top of the mech are some Heavy metal alloy scraps as well. which you inventory.

To the front, you see something darker colored in the distance.

Attempt to remove the sphere. It can't be healthy to have a sphere lodged in your chest.

9, 18, Pulling on the sphere results in the Creature stopping, it turns to face a part of you and makes some kind of emanation from it's Top limb, Backing away from you in the process It sounds horrible.

It is moving quickly, now, shivering and backing further away.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Watch path of stick.  If nothing disastrous happens, raise eyebrow, continue as before, using mouth to pick up sticks.

[Unless you mean that the whole pile just started rolling, in which case I'm not sure what to do.]

((They were, I was implying that the piles were actually creatures.))

Oho.  In that case...

Using a mixture of hustling about, nipping at the sticks and shoving, sheep-pig the living pile towards the camp.

Let's cause some trouble.

1, you nip at it and it stops. suddenly, the Sound of Thousands of brush piles being simultaneously shaken fills you ears, and all of them come to life.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"Well then. That actually went better than expected."

How far is it to the nearest village? How far is it to the nearest clay deposit? Does the nearest village have a potter?

If the nearest village does have a potter (or if I don't know if it does), head there and rent a room in a hotel or something (or camp just outside of the village. If it does not have a potter, set up a camp near the nearest clay deposit and rest through the night.

May the nearest village please be Argrark's village?

((3, No, Argrarks's village is several days of travel down from this mountain.))

13, 9, After a while going back down the trail, you eventually arrive again at Bodac, A town of Mountain dwellers who warned you of the dangers of the mountain, their village was situated next to a natural spring fed river.

4, There are no clay workers in the town, supposedly, the only such potters are those residing in the town's temple, which is forbidden entry for most beings without a pass from the Village chief.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I attempt to pet it and communicate with it. Still wary, still ready to hit it with my belt.

14, it seems neutral on your presence and eventually sits down, still slightly taller than yourself.

A rudimentary communication occurs between you, certainly no language, but a mutual expressing of intent. It is hungry, and you are not going to hurt it.

0-This marvelous furry apparition perched on your head is none other then the good Baron Umwelt. As they have said before, the good Baron is a magical cat fairy here to grant your wishes. The good Baron's only desire is to be of help to you and, in this magnanimous spirit, has sought you out. Of course, nothing is without its... price. In exchange for a relatively small wish, the good Baron desires true and complete answers to two questions. Otherwise the good Baron would be giving away something for nothing and, much as it pains the good Baron's generous heart, that is against the rules.-0

The good Baron tries to remember the exact limitations on their Minor Wish power.

"Ahh uhh, What questions, why am I tied up?"

She squirms, forcing you to jump down.

2, 20, You hear something, and smell something bigger. A foul scent reminding you of burnt meat.

The baron's Minor Wish saps some of his magical energy to twitch certain things around the subject until it completes or brings them close to achieving that wish. This can be anything from altering circumstances, to altering things manually.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark (very carefully) pats the carpenter on the back and thanks him for his help.

Argrark tries to think how he'd make this wall better. He looks around for a good thick group of trees, and if he finds one pretty close by, Argrark goes on a rampage through the woods, knocking down as many trees as he can. After he's done, the giant brings them back to the wall and talks to the carpenter about how best to use them to reinforce the wall. Should he make them into planks to cover the whole thing, or just add a few butresses, or stick the trees whole upright in the ground in front of the dirt wall?

Argrark is probably pretty wound-down by now, though. He tries to think of some way to get his clockwork rewound without making his new friend the carpenter even more tired. Maybe he could convince the local miller to let him use a water wheel or a windmill? But that could probably wait until after he makes the wall strong enough for tonight.

You imagine there are many ways with which you could rewind your clockwork.

Probably many that you could use to increase your capacity and abilities as well.

You pat the carpenter on the back, thanking him for his hard work and assistance.

You Click everything in place and Go on a rampage, increasing your destructive power many fold, Afterwards, you feel the feedback from your joints telling you how tiring it was to knock down all of those trees, the forest is now littered with fallen logs. -3 EG

You go up to the carpenter and pat him on the back, thanking him for his hard work and assistance.

He expresses some confusion.

You ask how you could best repair the wall and he says that Several wood poles with Boards in between will do long enough to make full repairs down the line.

He returns to his home to rest properly.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:52:48 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2015, 11:05:53 pm »

I invite it to come with me. We will look for food for it together. (continue on whether he accompanies me or not).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2015, 11:14:36 pm »

Remove that sphere! It must be making the patient delusional!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2015, 11:25:44 pm »

0-Much as the good Baron respects personal freedom and desires to converse with you, circumstances are intensifying. The good Baron will interpret your query as to why you are tied up as a wish and the good Baron will use their magical cat fairy powers to set you free before the large rude thing finds you. "Who are you" and "Where are we" are the questions the good Baron is asking. Urgency robs the good Baron of courtesy and time like a the most devious thief, so the good Baron entreats you to answer quickly.-0

The good Baron uses Minor Wish to try and grant the implied wish of getting free of the webs and tries to remember how Prewind works, in case using it now could be useful against the implied large bad thing coming closer.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2015, 11:37:42 pm »

0-Much as the good Baron respects personal freedom and desires to converse with you, circumstances are intensifying. The good Baron will interpret your query as to why you are tied up as a wish and the good Baron will use their magical cat fairy powers to set you free before the large rude thing finds you. "Who are you" and "Where are we" are the questions the good Baron is asking. Urgency robs the good Baron of courtesy and time like a the most devious thief, so the good Baron entreats you to answer quickly.-0

The good Baron uses Minor Wish to try and grant the implied wish of getting free of the webs and tries to remember how Prewind works, in case using it now could be useful against the implied large bad thing coming closer.

((At 0% Time bullshit, Prewind can drag your future self to the past to help you in some way, More mana increases how far it goes.))

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2015, 12:08:56 am »

Argrark wants to get the wall finished as soon as he can. He creates the following machine (probably with additional gears to increase torque) and uses it to create as many boards as necessary for the carpenter's plan.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He uses his new boards to fix up the wall, but keeps an eye on his mechanical energy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:46:05 pm by ShadowHammer »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2015, 12:45:51 am »

Retrieve some clay (enough for the white ritual) from a nearby river (ask the townspeople for help (do the temple workers have shifts or go on errands?)), sleep through the night, learn the white ritual in the morning, and cast the white ritual.

Is the white ritual related to golemancy? What were the spells in the book again? Does this town have any significant exports?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2015, 01:54:49 am »

Retrieve some clay (enough for the white ritual) from a nearby river (ask the townspeople for help (do the temple workers have shifts or go on errands?)), sleep through the night, learn the white ritual in the morning, and cast the white ritual.

Is the white ritual related to golemancy? What were the spells in the book again? Does this town have any significant exports?

Added them to your spell listing as well for future reference.

The town is self  sufficient you remember, Growing Rice and fruit.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2015, 02:34:19 am »

Well, fuck me.

Close the hatch.

The mech can't swim, not that there's anywhere to go since there's no shore. No choice but to wait.

Make sure my helmet is on tight and the seals are good so I don't suffocate before I die of heat stroke. Try to repair the AC, as if that'll keep the mech from overheating and killing me. Consider firing the nukes at the surface of the magma for science.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:02:10 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2015, 01:43:21 am »

Added them to your spell listing as well for future reference.

The town is self  sufficient you remember, Growing Rice and fruit.
In that case, learn the Blue Blood Ritual with my remaining pp, after learning the white blood ritual.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2015, 05:51:57 am »

"Crap."

Run!  If there's a pile stampede, lead it through the camp.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2015, 12:05:16 pm »

Turn 6: 1:45 AM

You all feel tired, 0/7 Sleeping

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Well, fuck me.

Close the hatch.

The mech can't swim, not that there's anywhere to go since there's no shore. No choice but to wait.

Make sure my helmet is on tight and the seals are good so I don't suffocate before I die of heat stroke. Try to repair the AC, as if that'll keep the mech from overheating and killing me. Consider firing the nukes at the surface of the magma for science.

8, The AC is Functioning normally, it only takes a push of a button and a turn of the dial to bless you with some cool air.

Unless the nukes detonated in the air, Impossible, A good portion of the Detonation would be contained in the magma. Due to advances in science, The amount of radiation is minimal at best due to Fission materials used. you know little else other than that.

Your suit's Helmet and other attachments are secure, untouched through the time spent asleep.

Remove that sphere! It must be making the patient delusional!

2, 3 You reach out again, and the thing responds, Kicking at you, Stuff from the Sphere goes into it's attack, and Burns your side! -2 HP

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

"Crap."

Run!  If there's a pile stampede, lead it through the camp.

5, 1, You stumble and fall, just as the stampede catches up to you,

18, You get shoved up and over the Herd of them, disoriented.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"Young traveler, hold. Judging from your demeanor and garb, I would say you are here for the tomes of that cursed place.  Every so often it flings several books from it's premise, Ones either damaged, or as we think, duplicates.

He rummages around in his robes, before producing a small book, Hardly thicker than your cloak.

"If this will only keep you away from that place a moment longer.  It is so sad to see such youthful people throw their lives away after all."

The short but eventful book details a powerful and devilish Salmon who kidnapped the food gatherer of a modern Village, She is rescued by a young Adventuring Naturalist, who drew his strength from smoking or eating plants gathered in all the places he travels, He is nearly killed by An automaton made from Pottery and wire, but survives by Tricking it into a rockslide. ad goes on to defeat the Demonic Fish and Save the Woman and her village from starvation. +1 PP

You feel mildly enlightened by the cursory examination of the book, It conveyed it's point rather well in the short space it had.

With help from the few workers there, they happily manage to get you no less than 8 Pounds, but cannot spare much more of their time if you cannot work alongside them! (No EG.)

You are forced to encamp by the river, as you cannot lug everything you now have around freely.
'
You then go on to learn the white spell. -1 PP

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I invite it to come with me. We will look for food for it together. (continue on whether he accompanies me or not).

18, It follows.

17, 12, A short ways later, the Creature stops and begins sniffing at the ground, Eventually it digs up some brown thing and consumes it.

It Digs up two more and consumes one of them.

"I'm Jamie, And I don't KNOW where we are!

14, the Baron starts to use minor wish, but is interrupted when a large spider covered in Scaled Drops down from the Forest canopy, Only just nicking the webs and cutting her free, she rolls to the side, underneath the spider.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Argrark wants to get the wall finished as soon as he can. He creates the following machine (probably with additional gears to increase torque) and uses it to create as many boards as necessary for the carpenter's plan.
He uses his new boards to fix up the wall, but keeps an eye on his mechanical energy.

You craft and a Board creation machine using 4 Gears, 4 Rods a Spiral Torsion Spring, and a large stone. -5 EG

You don't have enough energy to run it.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:14:21 pm by Shadestyle »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20