Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23046 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »

(I am not sure how I would even handle more than what, 7 players so far?)

(

I won't veto it, but the maluses would be insane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turn 2: 12:19 AM

Kiki shudders, this world is Wrong. Several eyes look towards the trail. Another few note the energy infused with the ground.

Kiki attempts to draw the eldritch energy from the ground into It. Should this prove difficult, keep at it. Should this prove impossible, begin drifting down the trail.

3, The energy is waste, plain and simple, you will gain nothing of value from that filth.

You begin drifting down the trail, noting it's flattened grassy texture.

You pass by a grand tree, moving very very slowly, atop it are several fruits, filled with it's essence. A bright red skin covering the things, Otherwise, nothing really catches your interest so far.

--Next turn he continues along the path unless otherwise requested.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Oink: Crap crap crap crap crap!  Oink desperately waddles through the streets, trying to make it to the less blazing side streets.  He looks for possible escape routes amidst the flames.

14, within the burning pile that once was a magician, you see little of value. a few scraps here and there have not been consumed by the flames, but whether this is by merit of the wizard, or your own inaccuracy, is left unknown.

--Next turn he begins to run unless otherwise requested.

Spoiler: Araboth (Erizap) (click to show/hide)

Araboth looks upon the fig trees, but isn't sure if hunger affects them on this plane the same way it used to be.
They examine the fig trees. If any fruit is on them, consider collecting and consuming them.

Hunger affects you, thought it is merely an annoyance unless you succumb to inactivity.

You pluck some choice ones off of the tree and consume them. the sweet crunchy texture melting in your mouth.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

The Librarian sits for a few minutes and begins to rest.

9, He smells something for a moment, but does nothing in response.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I examine everything starting with myself. I would think I am small if i had any comparison points, my flesh is laveder and my cap is a dark purple. I examine my surroundings. What am I rooted too? What is this yellow expanse? What are the gnarled things? I look up, what do I see?

You appear to be rooted into a gritty loose substance which is above you, stretching out for a ways, and interspersed by smooth grey things, Closer examination reveals the yellow expanse to be something far far below you. The gnarled things are like you, in that they are alive, they appear to be brown, and twisting tendrils of some kind.

0-Oh dear, the good Baron has found themselves in a predicament this time. These eight legged brutes are simply abhorrent. The good Baron feels positively MENACED by their scuttling and their odd carapaces.-0

The good Baron tries to get their bearings by climbing a suitable still-living tree to obtain a better vantage point.

You travel over to one of the still living trees, -

-17, Thankfully, nothing seems to have noticed your presence quite yet.

20, With a feline grace wrought from the raw nature of your ancestors by the cold kiln of science, you easily climb the tree and shimmy your way to the top in a rather dignified manner.

20, 7, from here you can see a great great deal.

There seems to be a grassland of sorts to your left, thicker and more living forests to your right, ahead, more of this as far as the eye can see, and behind you, a towering white something, oblong in shape.

9, at the very least, you can see enough from here to know that it is simply crawling with spiders, centipedes and all manner of oversized exoskeletal creatures.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Fine then. >:( If they're not going to let Argrark into their dumb town, Argrak'll make his own! And it'll be better than their smelly old pile of houses. Look around for and subsequently gather together building materials (rocks, trees, etc.). Be careful not to use up too much Elbow Grease, though. The joints get pretty stiff when they don't have enough grease.

You gather a medium fallen tree, 3 small rocks, and several of the long grasses and assorted plants. -1 EG
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:37:56 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 10:37:09 pm »

Kiki drifts upwards towards the essence filled fruits, before opening one of its many mouths and attempting to absorb one of them.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:32 pm »

I cautiously test to see if I can move along this ceiling. What are these grey things? I judge to see if i would be hurt by falling. I look for anything else of interest either hanging or far below.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

(

I won't veto it, but the maluses would be insane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Very well.))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 11:59:46 pm »

0-It appears the good Baron has neglected to find a way DOWN from their new vantage point. This was probably a mistake on the good Baron's part.-0

The good Baron attempts to climb towards the white oblong thing by traversing the treetops. The good Baron is almost certain this is a good idea.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 12:27:19 am »

Oink tries to grab the shiniest bit of magician still left and then breaks into a dead run waddle for the countryside.  No reason to get caught up in hubris.  [Spend EG as needed to escape falling burning rafters etc.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 01:57:38 am »

Previous Turn: Attach the rope to the door and pull.
This Turn: Step inside and open the nearest book, provided that I'm not in danger.

What do you mean by "Monkey's Paw Gear" (yes, I know what the monkey's paw is)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 02:42:08 am »

Previous Turn: Attach the rope to the door and pull.
This Turn: Step inside and open the nearest book, provided that I'm not in danger.

What do you mean by "Monkey's Paw Gear" (yes, I know what the monkey's paw is)?

You chose some very general gear, so i filled in the details with some really obtuse stuff, like a bright yellow leather Gi, and a stylus and ink pots. and parchment in place of paper.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG interest check
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 10:16:09 am »

I might, can I see a potential sheet?

Here you go:

Name: Xander

Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): A sapient homunculus with the ability to rearrange and alter its organic matter. He has a small pocket dimension to store excess mass, but cannot exceed the size of an average human. However, his creator apparently wasn't too good at creating eyes, because he needs glasses to see regardless of form. (His "original" form is that of a human.)

Primary Class: Shapeshifter. However, this comes with a few inherent limitations. He must specifically study a creature to learn its needs and biology before copying it. In addition, he can only copy physical, organic traits. Magical abilities cannot be replicated, and robots or beings which exist only due to the presence of magic are off-limits. Partial transformations and custom forms are both possible, but take specific, difficult study to learn.

Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): If this is basically a subclass, I’d like to go with thief.

Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): He involuntarily transforms into a small rodent when startled.

Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): Trapped in a small cave with a party of angry adventurers.

Some Starting Gear:

Spectacles: A simple pair of metal glasses. They are enchanted for extra durability, and can accommodate Xander's multiple forms by changing in size and shape.

Ring of Deceit: Technically the stolen property of an adventurer. Apparently, it’s a Swiss army knife of magical thievery, but Xander couldn’t figure out how to make the thing work in time to escape the former owner’s party.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 10:31:10 am »

Oh man making you weirdos is gonna be so much fun. I sense much arson in your pastfuture.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:37:48 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 11:02:53 am »

Noj and Xander have to run into each other at some point, even if only to set off both of our startle effects simultaneously.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 11:23:30 am »

A pair of spectacles with Clear Steel lenses enchanted with Sizeification and many various Skeel frames Perspectivity'd together, maybe enchanted with Changing Sigil in some way as well?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 11:35:50 am »

A pair of spectacles with Clear Steel lenses enchanted with Sizeification and many various Skeel frames Perspectivity'd together, maybe enchanted with Changing Sigil in some way as well?
Put that in the pub docs bro.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:02 pm »

Great! Plenty of stuff to start a town with. Argrark just needs one more thing... knock down a sizable portion of the town wall and drag it over to Argrark's pile of stuff. Make a lean-to with the small tree and the wall, use rocks to keep the lean-to from sliding apart. Use grass and plants and whatever to fill the gaps between the tree branches so that the tree side is almost solid.
ASCII version:
front view

#
  # \
O# @ \Oo

# wall
O rock
\ tree
@ Argrark

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 01:33:17 pm »

Argark is going to fall behind over time, due to his lack of magic. Sure, a max of 100 elbow grease is nice, but virtually everything you can do with elbow grease, you can do with magic. Making a kingdom to provide you with magic via supporters is a possibility, but it would probably have to be made up of wandering monsters (I'm not saying that's a bad thing; in fact, that would be a great character goal), and it would be really hard to find someone to fix you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20