Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23036 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG interest check
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »

You can learn to make them do that is the upside, initially it is a big neon arrow saying "this is where I am" since they go directly up in the air.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 10:43:28 pm »

Sounds good and fun. I am content with that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 01:10:32 am »

Ok, since Eritzap seems to have died, I will go ahead and Begin.

Turn 1: 12:00 AM

You come to in a Smoldering Crater, glowing with green and unnatural energy, a ring around the crater lies dead and tainted, though plant life seems to flourish further out, within your sight are several Species of Weed and grass, Dotted with small bushes and saplings, further along to your right, you see the makings of a forest, and to your left, more grasslands, to your front, it slowly dips off into the aforementioned forest, and behind you you see a small trail, though whether made by man or beast you cannot say.

It is night time, and the full moon lies above you and far to the left.

You feel weak, harmed in a deep and substantial sense. This place is wrong, in almost every way you can imagine it. The scent, a scent, it seems so strange, detecting any scents at all, the air moves uneasily around you, and you twist in disgust.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

You slide out of the building, slipping on your side in the process, scuffing it up and run away from the flames that not moments ago you yourself created, a wizard in the town had apparently been at least adequately prepared for you, and managed to cast a powerful polymorph spell on you before being refined into a fine ash.

People are screaming left and right, mothers, Children, farmers and others let loose their baleful screech at the roaring fire that blazes over their homes, once or twice you are nearly Trodden over by panicking townspeople, and are forcefully shoved aside as they Grab water in buckets to foolishly try to douse your unending flames, the cinders you estimate will continue to burn long after their grandchildren die of old age.

The panic flowing through your veins is unnatural, not only your livelihood, but possibly your very life could be in danger in a much more immediate fashion than simply dealing with the logistics of being turned into a pig, a common farm animal.

Spoiler: Araboth (Erizap) (click to show/hide)

You Gaze out at the mountain rage you find yourself within, behind you, a lake of sorts, formed from the melted ice cap of the Mountain, no longer worthy, or perhaps not yet worthy to bear it's billowing white beard. You took a small drink from it previously, and found it's water to be Crisp and cool.

A few small fig trees are growing around you. and simple long grasses as well, you turn over your Deaice Pendant in your hand, your last fleeting memory of the Divine Plane.

You cannot remember any of your past Oaths, a death sentence for any being who has made them, but since you have not unmade yourself mistakenly, you feel safe enough for the moment.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

You take a moment to examine the splendor of the Gates to the Infinite Library with a great heave, your Bright yellow Gi rustling in the wind, atop the mountain, and your overburdened rope, around which you have all of your belongings tied. You are forced to take a break, and think back to the Tales you have heard of this legendary place, a building with every imaginable book held within.

You also heard tales of it's guardians, Wizards and Scholars alike who sought knowledge from this tomb of tombs, and died within it's walls, becoming chained by the ancient magic within this place, and forced to serve it mindlessly. What utter tripe!  Such a place holds within your Deepest desire, to sate your hunger for knowledge once and for all. all you need to do now is find a way to open the utterly massive doors that lead within the inner sanctum...

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

You awaken somewhere, your limbs are rooted in the top of something, looking around with your new found eyes, you see that you are hanging from something that your upper limbs have rooted into, below, and endless expanse of yellow. and right in front of you, life giving water, dripping down from a little hole.

A bunch of brown things are also along where you are rooted, coming up from the top and gnarling around in unpleasant shapes.

A weird shiny thing is wrapped around your lower part. It feels heavy and strong.

You Look around at the darkened forest, all deadwood and white strands, if you look hard you can see a few living trees being chocked by the encroaching darkness, and the spiders of course, they are everywhere, ganging in size from tiny mites, to rat sized monstrocities, And you hear the deep noises that say there is only worse to come. the Glimmer of the full moon is your only comfort in this rather bleak place, you lick your paw and readjust your monocle, gazing squarely into the Depths of Spider Forest.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

You sit on a rock outside the city gates, huffing at the absolute Absurdity of you being refused entrance, you are far from dangerous, and far too careful to 'fall on someone' like they said. You pull up some small plants and twist them around and around with your large Bronze fingers.

You allow yourself some time to gaze at the Still moon, the silence only broken by your incessant clicking.

You pull up some small plants and twist them around and around with your big bronze fingers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:17:45 am by Shadestyle »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 06:15:24 am »

Is it too late to submit a character? I meant to join last night, but between a few computer complications I've lost my sheet.

(I would be fine starting a turn or two late)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 08:39:01 am »

I examine everything starting with myself. I would think I am small if i had any comparison points, my flesh is laveder and my cap is a dark purple. I examine my surroundings. What am I rooted too? What is this yellow expanse? What are the gnarled things? I look up, what do I see?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 12:47:45 pm »

Is it too late to submit a character? I meant to join last night, but between a few computer complications I've lost my sheet.

(I would be fine starting a turn or two late)

I might, can I see a potential sheet?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »

Oink: Crap crap crap crap crap!  Oink desperately waddles through the streets, trying to make it to the less blazing side streets.  He looks for possible escape routes amidst the flames.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »

Kiki shudders, this world is Wrong. Several eyes look towards the trail. Another few note the energy infused with the ground.

Kiki attempts to draw the eldritch energy from the ground into It. Should this prove difficult, keep at it. Should this prove impossible, begin drifting down the trail.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

Fine then. >:( If they're not going to let Argrark into their dumb town, Argrak'll make his own! And it'll be better than their smelly old pile of houses. Look around for and subsequently gather together building materials (rocks, trees, etc.). Be careful not to use up too much Elbow Grease, though. The joints get pretty stiff when they don't have enough grease.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »

Man. Dead wizard. Burning town. Sounds like you could get some magical loot from a house that is likely more fireproof than the others.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 04:24:48 pm »

Araboth looks upon the fig trees, but isn't sure if hunger affects them on this plane the same way it used to be.
They examine the fig trees. If any fruit is on them, consider collecting and consuming them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 06:46:08 pm »

Name: Ober van Oberr
Just what are you?: Human
Primary Class: Walker Pilot
Who is a cool character from media?: Chirico Cuvie from Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Amusing Additional Malus?: No
Describe your surroundings: Inside the cockpit of the SHAW.
Some Starting Gear: "Venus" Class Super-Heavy Assault Walker (SHAW), Anti-Walker/Siege Loadout (anti-personnel vacuum frequency pulse lasers, macroton fast missile racks, 250mm coilguns w/tungsten kinetic kill projectiles, 5 kiloton tactical nuclear cruise missiles)
Laser PDW
Pilot Pressure Suit

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 07:15:27 pm »

Man. Dead wizard. Burning town. Sounds like you could get some magical loot from a house that is likely more fireproof than the others.

[Hrm.  Fair point]  Oink keeps a beady little eye out for good looting opportunities at the same time!  Can't repress those draconic instincts!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 08:03:13 pm »

((must.....create sheet...must...join))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:24 pm »

Ok, since Eritzap seems to have died, I will go ahead and Begin.

Turn 1: 12:00 AM

You Look around at the darkened forest, all deadwood and white strands, if you look hard you can see a few living trees being chocked by the encroaching darkness, and the spiders of course, they are everywhere, ganging in size from tiny mites, to rat sized monstrocities, And you hear the deep noises that say there is only worse to come. the Glimmer of the full moon is your only comfort in this rather bleak place, you lick your paw and readjust your monocle, gazing squarely into the Depths of Spider Forest.

0-Oh dear, the good Baron has found themselves in a predicament this time. These eight legged brutes are simply abhorrent. The good Baron feels positively MENACED by their scuttling and their odd carapaces.-0

The good Baron tries to get their bearings by climbing a suitable still-living tree to obtain a better vantage point.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20