Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23026 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG interest check
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »

How to Train Your Dragon. He was this badass old guy with swords and nooses and whips that protected to forbidden knowledge of The Archipelago.
Wut?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »

Name: Noj
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): The first mushroom man
Primary Class: Rot Druid
Favorite rock: Puddingstone.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): About 4 feet tall, releases mushroom spores when startled, greatly desires companionship.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): I just gained sentience. I am a mushroom. I have legs and arms. I instinctively know how to construct other fungi creatures and give them sentience. That's it.
Some Starting Gear: I have yet to discover the idea of gear or property. I am curious about objects however.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:42:12 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

Name: Baron Umwelt
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): A genetically engineered telepathic housecat from the future, sent back into the past vie shenanigans.
Primary Class: Chronomancer
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): Kyubey, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Kyubey is an adorable little psychic autocannibalistic fuzzy thing with ear-halos who grants the wishes of teenage girls in exchange for them being forced to fight eldritch abominations for the rest of their lives.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Yes. The good Baron, due to a quirk in their numerous genetic modifications, has very flammable fur.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): After the temporal accident, the good Baron is stranded in the past. Or is it the future? The good Baron cannot remember. In any case, the good Baron is currently in the middle of a rather menacing forest abounding with impractically large arachnids.
Some Starting Gear:
- A futuristic collar that allows connection to the internet. At least, that was what it did BEFORE the temporal accident that stranded the good Baron here. Now the only thing coming through the semi-magical link are stifled screams and demonic whispers.
- A distinguished looking monocle that allows its wearer can see through lead as if it were transparent.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 08:31:25 pm »

Quote from: Spiderking50 link=topic=151420.msg6308281#msg6308281
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): What?
Just say your favorite char from media or mythology. Preferably related to your class.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:43:26 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 08:42:28 pm »

OK, I fixed it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »

Name: Araboth
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Genderless, angelic, vaguely humanoid creature
Primary Class: Holy Magus
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): (No idea what this means?)
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Ridiculously luminous
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A mountain, mostly barren, the ice cap has been melted
Some Starting Gear: A circular pendant

(The Cool character from media is the secondary class, choose a character from any Fictional work.)

Malus: Lost (mountaintop) Insanely Luminous (Bonus Malus) Bound in Oath (Divine Species)

Starting stats:
HP:15
MP:0
EG:0
PP:0

Starting Skills:
Oathbearer; MP and EG can only be gained in order to help fulfill an Oath you have made, the more powerful the oath, the more power you gain to perform it. You are still required to perform the Oath even if you have run out of Energy, including if it would destroy you in the process.
Biologically Bright; Your body emits a blinding light.
Bless; Bring good fortune and nature to a target.
Defy Evil; Remove or resist a negative effect.
Draw magic; Empower a target with mana.

Starting Gear:
Deaice Pendant

Are you sure this is ok?

Name: The Librarian
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Half-Dragon, Half-Elven, Male, Adventurer in Search of Knowledge
Primary Class: Book Mage (Learns Spells From Books Easier)
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): I was tempted to make the Librarian from Discworld, but I haven't read enough of the series yet.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): If it gives me more stats: Incredibly Curious
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): The Librarian, in his thirst for knowledge, journeyed to the Infinite Library to explore and become wiser/smarter. The Infinite Library is, well, an infinitely large library, with books that range from spell tomes, to skill books, to eldritch tomes that give maluses when read; even books that transport the reader to other worlds (a la Myst)! He is standing just inside the entrance.
Some Starting Gear: Standard Adventurer Gear, Scribing Tools and Materials

(An additional Malus will Always have an upside, it was INTENDED to be at complete random and a yes/no question, but this works.)

Malus: Leagues apart (High level area) Bookworm (Lower chance for learning spells outside of Spellbooks.) Monkey's paw gear.

Starting stats:
HP:7
MP:7
EG:1
PP:0

Starting Skills:
Bookworm; Learning things from books has a higher success chance, but learning them from other means has a much lower chance, Wizard Trades are disabled.
Merel Stardust's Layered Ice; Creates a layer of ice on a surface, the effect is stronger when used on wet surfaces or water, and can be empowered with additional mana.
Merel Stardust's Earthdust; fills a hole with fragile soil or other material that is 98% air and collapses when any weight is put on it.
Pries Omen's Book of Filth; Reveals hidden dark magic from a spellbook, Requires at least 56 Grams of Spessartite Garnet Dust as a consumed reagent.

Starting Gear:
Leather Gi, 59 pixels (19.6 Feet)  of Parchment roll, 2 1-pint Wooden Bottles of ink, Textured wooden Stylus/wand, Big Hat, 30 Pixel Length of rope. 33 Pixel telescopic pole, 12 Jerky Rations, 12 Bottles of Water, 6 jars of Peach preserve, 6 Small bisquits.

Is this ok?

Favorite rock: Puddingstone.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): About 4 feet tall, releases mushroom spores when startled, greatly desires companionship.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): I just gained sentience. I am a mushroom. I have legs and arms. I instinctively know how to construct other fungi creatures and give them sentience. That's it.
Some Starting Gear: I have yet to discover the idea of gear or property. I am curious about objects however.

Malus: Newborn (No starting learned skills) Unknown area (Starting location) Cursed Blade (Bonus Malus) Honor of the Clan (Bonus Malus) Tiny (Bonus Malus)

Starting stats:
HP:8
MP:4
EG:4
PP:2

Starting Skills:
Newborn; Learning things in general is easier.
Honor of the Clan; your actions must not bring shame to your clan, and your power must be used in the same way.
Panic Spores; Automatically releases mundane Mushroom spores when frightened, depleting 1 EG.

Starting Gear:
Hitsuji no zōo, Cursed Urumi

Is this ok?

Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): A genetically engineered telepathic housecat from the future, sent back into the past vie shenanigans.
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): Kyubey, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Kyubey is an adorable little psychic autocannibalistic fuzzy thing with ear-halos who grants the wishes of teenage girls in exchange for them being forced to fight eldritch abominations for the rest of their lives.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Yes. The good Baron, due to a quirk in their numerous genetic modifications, has very flammable fur.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): After the temporal accident, the good Baron is stranded in the past. Or is it the future? The good Baron cannot remember. In any case, the good Baron is currently in the middle of a rather menacing forest abounding with impractically large arachnids.
Some Starting Gear:
- A futuristic collar that allows connection to the internet. At least, that was what it did BEFORE the temporal accident that stranded the good Baron here. Now the only thing coming through the semi-magical link are stifled screams and demonic whispers.
- A distinguished looking monocle that allows its wearer can see through lead as if it were transparent.

Malus: Time Bullshit (Starting location) Dangerous Area (Starting location) Omnisensitive (Species Malus)

Starting stats:
HP:5
PP:1
TB:0%

Starting Skills:
Prewind; Allows the user to specify a time in the future or past for himself to be dragged from, but this causes Time Bullshit Value to increase.
Telepathy; Allows the user to communicate with beings telepathically
Wish I; Allows the user to attempt to grant another being's wish in a very minor way by influencing future events telepathically.

Starting Gear:
AWC Collar, Lead Monolicule.

Is this ok?

Players locked in for now once this batch gets cleared up
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:23:03 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 08:57:57 pm »

Name: Argrark.
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): A rather large clockwork-mechanical Giant.
Primary Class: Tinkerer
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): The Indominus Rex from Jurassic World. It is a large dinosaur that has camouflage and eats people and stuff.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Occasionally, his mechanisms get stuck accidentally repeating the same motion a few too many times, ie that one time he put a cake in the oven, then he put the countertop in the oven, then he put the whole kitchen wall in the oven.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A city that meanly refused him entry just a little while ago. All he wanted was to go sleep at the inn, but oh no. "You're too tall!" they said. "You'll crush people!" they said. Hmph. Would not.
Some Starting Gear: gears and wheels and mechanisms and things.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:47 pm »

Some Starting Gear:

Malus: Time Bullshit (Starting location) Dangerous Area (Starting location) Omnisensitive (Species Malus)

Starting stats:
HP:5
TB:0%

Starting Skills:
Prewind; Allows the user to specify a time in the future or past for himself to be dragged from, but this causes Time Bullshit Value to increase.
Telepathy; Allows the user to communicate with beings telepathically
Wish I; Allows the user to attempt to grant another being's wish in a very minor way by influencing future events telepathically.

Starting Gear:
AWC Collar, Lead Monolicule.

Is this ok?

This OK!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:03 pm »

Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): A rather large clockwork-mechanical Giant.
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): The Indominus Rex from Jurassic World. It is a large dinosaur that has camouflage and eats people and stuff.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Occasionally, his mechanisms get stuck accidentally repeating the same motion a few too many times, ie that one time he put a cake in the oven, then he put the countertop in the oven, then he put the whole kitchen wall in the oven.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A city that meanly refused him entry just a little while ago. All he wanted was to go sleep at the inn, but oh no. "You're too tall!" they said. "You'll crush people!" they said. Hmph. Would not.

Malus: Magicless (Species Malus) Repitition (Bonus Malus) Untrusted (Starting Location) Repitition (Bonus Malus).

Starting stats:
EG:10

Starting Skills:
Windup; You must find a means of rewinding your Clockwork in order to gain additional EG, but you have a maximum of 100. if you run out of EG, you lose consciousness until re-wound
Rampage; Begins a high mass charge in one direction.
Precicion; Crafting operations are much more likely to succeed.

Starting Gear:
12 Gears
12 Rods
12 wheels
12 Spiral Torsion Springs

Is this ok?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:32 pm »

Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): What?
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Sure, sounds fun. Gimme two.

Malus: Newborn (No starting learned skills) Unknown area (Starting location) Cursed Blade (Bonus Malus) Honor of the Clan (Bonus Malus)

Starting stats:
HP:8
MP:4
EG:4
PP:2

Starting Skills:
Newborn; Learning things in general is easier.
Honor of the Clan; your actions must not bring shame to your clan, and your power must be used in the same way.

Starting Gear:
Hitsuji no zōo, Cursed Urumi

Is this ok?

This is ok. Not sure what a mushroom guy is gonna do with a cursed chain-sword. Do I know how it is cursed or the details of said curse?

EDIT: I changed my character between the time that you copied this and it was posted. My character sheet actually says:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If that should make changes on the final, so be it, but if you don't want to then thats also fine. Your call on that one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:55:45 pm by Spiderking50 »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 09:54:05 pm »

You know nothing about it other than that you cannot get rid of it. It always seems to find it's way back to you. It is a bonus malus, so the weapon isn't an outright hindrance.

Aight, So that changes things, hold on.

*Edit Check it now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:58:23 pm by Shadestyle »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 09:57:32 pm »

I'm fine with that, but add basic survival gear (tent, food, etc.) and an eleven foot pole, if possible. How do I obtain Spessartite Garnet Dust? I'm assuming that I can still trade spells by having them written down first.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:51 pm »

I'm fine with that, but add basic survival gear (tent, food, etc.) and an eleven foot pole, if possible. How do I obtain Spessartite Garnet Dust? I'm assuming that I can still trade spells by having them written down first.

Aight. Added Rations and Telescopic pole. Gemstones can be potentially found on a town search check on request. same goes for most things that can be bought. Wizard trades are Basically Free spells, you can perform a wizard trade with another magic user, they will without cost learn one of your spells in a limited fashion and vise versa. It's uses become more restricted the more often it is done however.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:04:25 pm by Shadestyle »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:07 pm »

Malus: Magicless (Species Malus) Repitition (Bonus Malus) Untrusted (Starting Location) Repitition (Bonus Malus).

Starting stats:
EG:10

Starting Skills:
Windup; You must find a means of rewinding your Clockwork in order to gain additional EG, but you have a maximum of 100. if you run out of EG, you lose consciousness until re-wound
Rampage; Begins a high mass charge in one direction.
Precicion; Crafting operations are much more likely to succeed.

Starting Gear:
12 Gears
12 Rods
12 wheels
12 Spiral Torsion Springs

Is this ok?
This is excellent :D! Unlike the townspeople. The townspeople are not excellent. The townspeople are mean. :(

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:13 pm »

Checked it, seems good. Can panic spores have the ability to discourage predators as they are not only alarming, but also probably get into noses and mouths and are probably unpleasant? (Doesn't work on those who seek to do me harm because they don't want to eat me).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20