Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 22980 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:06:48 pm »

A few steps to the left, we have Earthrealm, a wide and varied place, filled with impossibility, where rule-of-cool is a law of the physics itself, where mice become gods, and Demons become ice cream salesmen. In this place we find visitors and objects from almost any place you can imagine, rubble and nomads from across history, mythos and fiction alike.

It is here that a few stories might begin, a few stories might continue, and against all odds, a few may even receive the endings they were denied.

Spoiler: General rules of play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:29:04 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG interest check
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

Name:  Oink
Just what are you:  A dragon polymorphed into a pig.  Can talk.  Can't use opposable thumbs.
Primary Class:  Pig
Who is a cool character from media?:  No.
Amusing Additional Malus:  He is delicious.
Describe your surroundings:  A burning village which up until very recently was being razed to the ground by a dragon.
Starting Gear:  ...trotters.

Edit:  Oh, we need to talk about a cool character related to ours?

Huh.  Honestly, pig-wise I can only really think of Hamlet, the sarcastic pig from the eponymous comic strip about failed actors.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:55:14 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:25:08 pm »

Name: Kikavul'Tarikaeva Ülstro'kalnit. Although most call it Kika.
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Primary Class: Eldritch Necromancer.
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): Um.. I liked Nagash from Warhammer Fantasy. Nearly the best Necromancer in existence, he made one mistake. The mistake of arrogance. He/it payed for it with his unlife.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes): Easily distracted by brightly colored, fast moving things.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A smoldering, green glowing crater in the middle of the countryside. The surrounding area is mostly fertile, however the area directly around the crater is recently made Deadlands.
Some Starting Gear: Do cats wear things? I don't think they do? I'd assume the cat can't wear anything.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »

Name: Kikavul'Tarikaeva Ülstro'kalnit. Although most call it Kika.
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Primary Class: Eldritch Necromancer.
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): Um.. I liked Nagash from Warhammer Fantasy. Nearly the best Necromancer in existence, he made one mistake. The mistake of arrogance. He/it payed for it with his unlife.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes): Easily distracted by brightly colored, fast moving things.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A smoldering, green glowing crater in the middle of the countryside. The surrounding area is mostly fertile, however the area directly around the crater is recently made Deadlands.
Some Starting Gear: Do cats wear things? I don't think they do? I'd assume the cat can't wear anything.

Malus: Weak start, (Crashed into ground) Odd Reactions (Otherworldly Species) Foreign Linguist (Otherworldly Species)

Starting stats:
HP:6 (Unknown in true form)
MP:13
EG:2
PP:4

Starting Skills:
Unfamiliar; When nothing can look in your direction, unobstructed, your form becomes fluid and incomprehensible, but otherwise, you transform into a mundane cat, mirrors will not trigger this effect, Being in direct view of the sun however, will.
Feline Amusement; your mind is captivated by this form's alien thoughts, and can be distracted by bright objects moving at high speed.
Puppet Ritual; You can raise corpses into Undead minions, up to a maximum of Three at a time. These creatures are utterly without control, and only respond to your direct and simple orders. uses a triangle of three bone posts in the ground, each topped with a small rock.
Foot in the Void; When certain stars align, you can open a temporary hole into the void, through which something will be dragged out. This hole can only appear within unobstructed line of sight and no more than 2 feet away from you.

Is this OK?

Name:  Oink
Just what are you:  A dragon polymorphed into a pig.  Can talk.  Can't use opposable thumbs.
Primary Class:  Pig
Who is a cool character from media?:  Hamlet (Comic)
Amusing Additional Malus:  He is delicious.
Describe your surroundings:  A burning village which up until very recently was being razed to the ground by a dragon.
Starting Gear:  ...trotters.

Malus: Delicious, (Bonus Malus) Starting in potential danger, (Burning village) Polymorphed, (Pig).

Starting stats:
HP:25
MP:2
EG:12
PP:0

Starting Skills:
Jewel Lust; as a being of law, your soul's power and magic increases with your material wealth, and little else.
Generous portions; you require more food to survive and thrive, but can go longer without it.
Raw Scent; Dangerous creatures are more attracted to you, while less dangerous ones and humanoids are unable to track you by scent.
Rush; Spend EG in order to move more quickly in a panic.

Is this OK?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 06:49:28 pm »

mirrors will not trigger this effect, Being in direct view of the sun however, will.
Would like clarification.

uses a triangle of three bone posts in the ground, each topped with a small rock.
Also clarification?

Otherwise good~

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 06:52:41 pm »

If someone sees you in a mirror, you will not revert, but if you can draw a direct line between you and the sun, you will, this is because you are in the sun's line of vision.

It is a ritual spell, so the ritual circle is made up of 3 bones in a triangle, topped with common rocks.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 07:04:58 pm »

The sun is populated with trillions of gossip-mongering souls. And several gods.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 07:06:00 pm »

Awesome, so I'm at threat by dangerous creatures and I can run like a desperate piggy in a crisis, and I can only develop magic by hoarding treasure like the dragon I once was.  All fine by me.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 07:10:44 pm »

I like that~

It's like vampires and mirrors but more eldritch and feline~

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:04 pm »

oOOOOH, PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 07:22:01 pm »

Name: Araboth
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Genderless, angelic, vaguely humanoid creature
Primary Class: Holy Magus
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): (No idea what this means?)
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): Ridiculously luminous
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): A mountain, mostly barren, the ice cap has been melted
Some Starting Gear: A circular pendant

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 07:22:29 pm »

Name: The Librarian
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Half-Dragon, Half-Elven, Male, Adventurer in Search of Knowledge
Primary Class: Book Mage (Learns Spells From Books Easier)
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): I was tempted to make the Librarian from Discworld, but I haven't read enough of the series yet.
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No): If it gives me more stats: Incredibly Curious
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): The Librarian, in his thirst for knowledge, journeyed to the Infinite Library to explore and become wiser/smarter. The Infinite Library is, well, an infinitely large library, with books that range from spell tomes, to skill books, to eldritch tomes that give maluses when read; even books that transport the reader to other worlds (a la Myst)! He is standing just inside the entrance.
Some Starting Gear: Standard Adventurer Gear, Scribing Tools and Materials
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 07:34:08 pm »

Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): (No idea what this means?)
Just say your favorite char from media or mythology. Preferably related to your class.
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): I was tempted to make the Librarian from Discworld, but I haven't read enough of the series yet.
Have you considered the Hairy Scary Librarian?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 07:44:08 pm »

Just say your favorite char from media or mythology. Preferably related to your class.
I thought it meant that your character is an expy of a character from media.

No, I haven't heard of him. What's he from?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 07:48:41 pm »

I thought it meant that your character is an expy of a character from media.

No, I haven't heard of him. What's he from?
How to Train Your Dragon. He was this badass old guy with swords and nooses and whips that protected to forbidden knowledge of The Archipelago.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:02:47 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20