Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New World (TSG)  (Read 917 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
New World (TSG)
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:24:46 pm »

(A plain and simple suggestion game, sort of a CYOA style. Heavily based on exploration of a new continent, or planet, or even galaxy, depending on choices made. Will focus more on story than realism, though.)

The rain poured heavily in the streets, washing away the filth and grime as people scrambled for indoor sanctuary. The grey sky, permeated with clouds, had a small opening where you could see the: (A. stars B. magick rift C. orbiting space station D. trans-dimensional portal). As you are shoved by a crowd of rowdy teenagers, you put your eyes back on the road and pick up your pace.

You are certain that you're late for the meeting. A very important meeting. A once-in-a-lifetime-meeting. From your brisk walk, you speed up into a jog, then a run, and finally a sprint as you see the faint outlines of the: (A. palace B. Magi's tower C. Republic Courthouse D. 4th Dimension Embassy)

With a huff, you place your hands on your knees and rest for a while, before opening the doors and removing your raincoat, revealing a: (A. male B. female) (A. noble B. soldier C. academic D. ambassador E. merchant)

A voice can be heard from the distance. No doubt this is the: (A. king B. Archmage C. President D. demigod)! He asks, "Ah, its you. What was your name again?"

You reply, "_"

(A lot of choices for now. Later on there'll be less you have to pick and some more freeform answers.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New World (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »

A
B
B, D
B

Anthem Gilder
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »

C
B
B, C
C

Serenity Halflife

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:11:39 pm »

A
B
B, D
B

Anthem Gilder
I'll for this one.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »

B
A
B
C

Andrea Tiberia.

"It is good to meet you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »

"Anthem Gilder, ambassador of the Antym Magocracy, oh Wise One," you reply to the archmage.

The feeble, shriveled shell that sits atop a mountain of tomes and scrolls, perched on a simple pillow, is Antymos IV, archmage of the Antym Magocracy. The tiny man doesn't bother lifting his eyes from the scroll he is currently reading. "Yes, yes. You're thirteen minutes, twenty-five seconds late, Gilder." The archmage harrumphs. "I'm a very busy man, and life is too short." In truth, the archmage is two-hundred and fifty years old.

"Sorry, Wise One. I received your letter only this morning," you say, scrounging your pouch for a crumpled note. "I came as fast as I could."

He harrumphs again. "Yes, yes. As you know, the Ontymians and the Intymians have sent out explorers and colonists to the new lands across the Tym Sea. The Ontymian missionaries have set up temples already, converting the natives to their so-called god. The Intymians, of course, are busy killing and enslaving." He finishes reading his scroll, scribbles something onto it, and hands it to a raven.

You nearly flinch as the raven swoops past you, missing you by a hair, and dropping the scroll onto your hands. "I'm authorizing you a ship and a crew to sail to the new lands and open negotiations with the natives." He goes back to reading another scroll and waves you away. "And whatever else you wish to do there."

On the scroll is a contract and a form:

Ship:
A. Antymian Star-charter
B. Intymian Cannon-vessel
C. Ontymian Shepherd

First Mate:
A. Antymian Scholar
B. Intymian Veteran
C. Ontymian Priest
D. Mercenary Captain
E. Native Chieftain

Crew and Cargo Allocations:
100 crates
40 crew

-Sailors
-Ambassadors
-Professional Soldiers
-Settlers
-Natives
-Academics
-Merchants

-Fruits
-Dried Meat
-Spices
-Silks
-Livestock
-Sugar
-Artwork
-Weapons
-Slaves
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:01 pm »

Ship. A
First mate: E
 10 sailors
 5 Ambasadors
 10 soldiers
 10 settlers
 5 Academics

Cargo:
40 dried meat
10 sugar
10 Art works
10 weapons (need to arm those soldiers right?)
10 silk
20 spice

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:00 am »

Actually, all that cargo is for trade. Certain peoples value certain things more and certain things less. All food, water, clothes and weaponry are provided in the background, though they might be lost or damaged if the plot demands it. Like I said, this will be more focused on story and exploration.
Dying of laughter?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »

Ship. A
First mate: E
 10 sailors
 5 Ambasadors
 10 soldiers
 10 settlers
 5 Academics

Cargo:
40 dried meat
10 sugar
10 Art works
10 weapons (need to arm those soldiers right?)
10 silk
20 spice
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80