Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Therapists  (Read 2552 times)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Therapists
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 11:12:22 pm »

Sir this overreactive behavior is inappropriate for a Bay12ver. There is little to no emotional consequences for the readers and as such, doe not necessitate this response to NecroRebel's accident.
...Aside from misidentifying who was who here, you are correct. I didn't get enough sleep last night, which probably impeded my judgment, and my reaction was uncalled for.

To Mrhappyface, I apologize.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 11:17:13 pm »

It's cool.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:10 pm »

dp
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 01:10:59 am »

It's so cute how this thread has come full circle. Like, who would've thought that 4 years later, the same(ish) situation described in the OP would happen, subbing dwarves for baywatchers?

micha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 07:07:10 am »

Why are there no polygamous relationships amongst dwarves?
surely morelles are not to blame.

nope not morelles, you're doing it wrong :)  ... they are actually quite free in who they sleep with, even couples will freely mix it up, just assign every individual a bed covered by a dormitory zone.    see.. since in df a dwarf will pick any unassigned bed to sleep the real meaning of dorm is 'center for polygamy'.

if you make a hospital zone without any beds and happen to have an injured dwarf, he'll soon be sleeping on the floor in there. you can then build a bed under him and assign that bed to a tired couple. and make a dorm zone from another bed which you block with a door after making that zone. now you can rest knowing that they, even the ones that don't care about anything anymore (officially) can care and might even tenderly spoon an injured pal.  3 dwarves into one bed. :)

i think its a dwarven nature thing and not affected by traits like tradition or modesty. but maybe that's wishful thinking. cheers!

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:31 pm »

the anger levels on these forums is getting quite annoying.

Is it... making you angry?  ;D  :P
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 04:40:22 pm »

the anger levels on these forums is getting quite annoying.

Is it... making you angry?  ;D  :P

.... *facepalm* should have seen that coming.
Pages: 1 [2]