Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Yet another Yugioh game (7/8) (New Questions...)  (Read 12454 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Yugioh game (7/8) (Question...)
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2015, 07:16:51 am »

I think it should be fine, except for the fact that I can't get my deck in there because of a rule banning more than one of a couple of the cards.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2015, 07:19:36 am »

Tick the 'Bypass Card Limit' option in the Deck Construction and then just duel in Unlimited.
Problem solved.
Edit: Actually, which cards?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:23:57 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »

Looks like that will be the direction this will be going.  Here's a free screen-capture software for people to use so a recording can be had.  For those that have less than 40 cards, use pendulum monsters to reach 40.  They'll represent a banish then redraw, as I don't think the software will allow you to enter with less than 40 cards.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2015, 03:22:12 pm »

...If I have to record the thing, that's a no-go for me because I can't recording software.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »

I guess someone could spectate and record the games, or the other person record in that case.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »

...If I have to record the thing, that's a no-go for me because I can't recording software.

It's mainly to keep track of which cards you had in your hand in a given turn, for the RP side of things.  It's not strictly necessary, it just allows you to put the character's contemplation of the cards in their hand in greater detail rather than just having them play the cards.

Should note that I would like at least one recording of each game so I can put them up on my youtube to have them all easily found in a single place, for the sake of convenience.  Most likely these will just be mine, but I  may miss a couple.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2015, 09:28:21 pm »

Going to be running the first of the dueling network stuff on Thursday.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2015, 06:44:25 am »

Cool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2015, 12:51:47 pm »

Duels are going to start being hosted in around 10 minutes hopefully I'll see everyone there and we'll get everything we need for the first round.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2015, 12:54:21 pm »

Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to drop from this. Access to my computer is somewhat spotty and my laptop doesn't have enough battery life to reliably be able to participate. Sorry.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:33 pm »

I don't even know what we are using for yugioh duels >_<

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2015, 02:18:03 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2015, 11:03:18 pm »

So, another question.  Should I simply reboot the IC or should I instead reset the game, but have people instead of selecting six packs, each get a selected starter deck (with additional cards to customize coming from included booster packs)?  In addition, should I keep it as a tournament, or modify the starting setting (ex. Maybe revive my apocalypse setting for the latter)?  Should note that in case of a setting change, I'll let people keep the cards they got from the randomization, but with 1-2 extra boosters being given.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Yugioh game (7/8) (New Questions...)
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2015, 07:20:32 am »

I did quite like the apocalypse setting and a starter deck might be a good idea to give the decks a little more synergy and room for plays.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Yugioh game (7/8) (New Questions...)
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2015, 04:03:59 pm »

...each get a selected starter deck (with additional cards to customize coming from included booster packs)?

Meant structure deck here.  As it appears that the decks don't come with boosters, it would be a booster or two from the set closest to, but not past, the deck's release date.  Should be noted that ones with cards that have been stated to be unique in-universe would not be allowed to be selected unless that card is replaced.

I did quite like the apocalypse setting and a starter deck might be a good idea to give the decks a little more synergy and room for plays.

Mainly mentioned that one as it had a massive level of detail in its introduction, as well as it holding a lot of unrealized potential.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9