Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Frontier (ISG)  (Read 15655 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier (ISG)
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2015, 11:27:55 am »

Alright guys. Sleep in shifts. Two settlers keeping watch at a time. Wake the rest should evil come.

Making a light would be a bad idea, as that would ruin their night vision.
+1

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2015, 12:06:38 pm »

Alright guys. Sleep in shifts. Two settlers keeping watch at a time. Wake the rest should evil come.

+1
+1, except don't automatically wake everyone if something is sighted. Leave that up to us. Miner should sleep first and longest, since he was doing the hardest work, I think.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:30 pm »

I did say should evil come. Not just if anything is sighted. I just figure we shouldn't lose two members because they tried to hold everything by themselves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »

+1
+1, except don't automatically wake everyone if something is sighted. Leave that up to us. Miner should sleep first and longest, since he was doing the hardest work, I think.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2015, 03:29:27 pm »

+1
+1
+1

ANDDDDD Arm the settlers
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »

Light would let us make a barracade.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »

Light would let us make a barracade.
This is true. As long as you're looking away from the fire, it doesn't ruin night vision a whole lot, so we could strike a rock against the shovel in an attempt to light a fire in the cave. On the other hand, the settlers are pretty tired, so they probably aren't feeling like working through the night. Maybe just shift-fighting would be more restful? I dunno.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:24 pm »

Make beds?

Feral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2015, 06:41:47 pm »

The settlers set up guard shifts and fall asleep on the ground.

It is a new day. Everyone is up. Settlers need to eat each morning to fuel their day. Eating at nightfall and with a light source will let them work though the night. But those that do must sleep the following night.

But is seems the orange berries and purple mushroom are missing! Along with a metal ore! A shift must of dozed off, or had their back turned. It was quite dark out there.

The settlers can work a little for now, but food must be acquired soon. It would be wise to keep a good stock for tomorrow morning as well. A safe storage spot wouldn't hurt either. Or find out who or what took the stolen goods.

The settlers weren't too fond of sleeping on the ground as well. They know the Frontier is tough, but would like some sort of bed or bedroll in the future.

Finally it appears there are visitors. Two people come from the east, one well dressed, the other carrying a pack.

Equipment/Resources:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My forum games:

6 and the Sun (ISG/Multiplayer) An experimental god game.

Frontier (ISG) A survival/village building game.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2015, 06:52:33 pm »

Four settlers work on collecting food. Orange berries, mushrooms, blue fruit, spear->animal, doesn't matter, we just need food. Explore if you must.

And considering the door isn't done yet, can we have it be large enough to serve as a lean-to over the cave mouth, so we can store our stuff in there? One guy work on that.

Gideon greet our guests, please.

Finally, another guy work on the spinning wheel. We need something to make that fishing rod and/or bedrolls with.

Speaking of which, would it be possible to collect the seeds from the plants we grab? Starting a cotton farm would be nice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2015, 06:57:49 pm »

Leader: "Greetings travelers, seek you Wares or Work, we offer either and both!"

Finish door

Continue mining.

Explore to the right and left of Cave, just to fill out the map a bit.

Continue trench for water.

Another person gather mud, begin crafting Small Smoker for Charcoal production.

Hold off on mass fruit harvesting, we will want to dry them, instead, harvest enough to feed the Settler's for today.

Pile ankle high dirt walls in highlighted areas, just to get a good frame of reference. and not for any major structural benefit.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:40 pm »

Leader: "Greetings travelers, seek you Wares or Work, we offer either and both!"

Finish door

Continue mining.

Hold off on mass fruit harvesting, we will want to dry them, instead, harvest enough to feed the Settler's for today.

Pile ankle high dirt walls in highlighted areas, just to get a good frame of reference. and not for any major structural benefit.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2015, 07:24:14 pm »

Finish door

Continue mining.

+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

Scouter needs to go after the tracks. Preferably with the spear.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2015, 08:34:31 pm »

Scouter needs to go after the tracks. Preferably with the spear.
+1

Finish door

Continue mining.

+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12