Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Rise of the (Kobold) God [ISG] : Winter Y1 VIGNETTE  (Read 19662 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the (Kobold) God [ISG] : Autumn Y1
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2015, 09:05:58 am »

Tell the shaman to spend more time with the storyteller, and tell her one or two short stories for her to tell to the storyteller, maybe something about the origin of the stars, and how we are realted to the origin of everything. Then make her say to him that for more stories, we need a ritual, and that the shaman needs help with that. Hopefully the shaman will gain an assitant, and maybe they can research together some stuff. Two bolds think better than one!
Rather than having someone inexperienced getting in way of delicate ritual stuff, I recommend making the story-teller a brewer instead, so the shaman can focus more on ritual and obeying our whims and someone else can work full-time on making that alcohol stuff. And then make the peasant a herbalist.
Oh, the storyteller doesn't have to help the shaman with rituals, they just have to do research together with the things we tell them to do.

What we can do with the peasant is to use a dream to give him an idea to make something better, and hopefully he will get hooked with that. How about covering the scratches so that mushrooms grow more under the darkness?
Instead of covering them, couldn't we just move them into the shade of a tree?

Yeah, that may be easier. We can even have our shaman tell the scratchers to try that, or even help if needed. If there is success, we can atribute that to our god, and hopefully get more followers.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2015, 09:22:32 am »

Actually. A researcher is an insanely useful profession. Like a science preist.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2015, 09:30:09 am »

Also, I realized that for our religion to be successful, we may need to build a myth around it. Not just that "we are a god" kind of stuff, but the "we are as old as time itself, you are a part of me as I am a part of you, the truly faithful may find a place in the stars to watch their brethen from the afterlife alongside me" kind of fluff.

The keeping of the souls of the faithful is something we can do with enough practice. We could even have them give advice instead of us, to make us even more important by comparison.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2015, 09:43:33 am »

Plus we could probably use their souls to power some high tier godly artifacts. And have hell just being converted to influence.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:52 am »

Oh, but the promise of the afterlife could increase their faith, and give them something to strive for. And to make it believable we have to save at elsat some souls.

Hmm, I have a question:

If we happen to have a ritual with both the sacrifice needed, the blood and the alcohol, would we be able to physically touch the world around us?

You know, to make even the skeptical believe in us, we probably need to prove that we are more than an illusion.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:06 am »

If we happen to have a ritual with both the sacrifice needed, the blood and the alcohol, would we be able to physically touch the world around us?

Yes, if you have at least a basic mind opener (either alcohol or a hallucinogen), blood, and a sacrifice (three components total) you will be corporeal. The 'bolds can touch you and vice versa. You will be exceptionally weak, in the 'can only carry as much as a hatchling' range, but you will seem hefty, flesh and blood, to those who see you.

Just don't try any impressive feats of strength.

So anyone wanna help me gather all these question/answers in one place? lol
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2015, 10:04:07 am »

Mmm, vis a vis "afterlife" we could save only "true believer" souls and nom regular "believer" souls. Only the truly devoted will be saved etc.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2015, 10:05:15 am »

The goal is to have an afterlife as heaven, a Influence forge as hell and we can put consenting souls into powerful artefacts.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2015, 10:16:50 am »

Well, that's your goal. I don't think any of you have decided anything en masse so far.  :P

You also would not be able to directly create artifacts. Much like you are aware your followers would have to tie souls to bodies for you, they would likewise have to tie souls to objects for you.

Any similar blessing will require a creation-bound conduit, unless of course you did it while in a perfect manifestation after your 'bolds have begun to work the art of soul-weaving. (Like other magics!)

You're awesome outside of creation, but you're very dependent on your followers for actually manipulating it. Creation has changed a lot since you were last awake.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2015, 10:19:52 am »

Yeah. Are the dragons extinct or something? Also is enchanting a viable affinity?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2015, 10:22:58 am »

The idea was to gentle caress some of our followers, to make them feel blessed or something.

Idea for a speech for when we manifest in a ritual:

We start phase 1 with a booming, awe-inspiring voice:

"I come from times past, times of glory, times where your ascendace ruled the world!" An image of an impressive dragon is created, opening its large wingspan. "Those were times of glory, of physical strenght... and magic." The dragon then will breathe illusion flames at the audience. "But those times are now gone, yet I remember them" The dragon then vanishes. "It is within your yourselves, in your very blood, the potential to reach your former glory. It is your destiny to stop surviving, and start thriving! I am as old as time itself, and with my wisdom, you will make a difference!"

Then we start phase 2, gentle and caring:

"For that you are a part of me as I am a part of you... You are my children, after all. My hand has been guiding you, silently, from the deepest parts of your conscience. You may have not realized this, and some of you may have not opened your hearts to me yet, but relize what you have done until now. You have tapped the resources of the water, managed to capture animals, and made a better life for yourselves. You have grown smarter, more intelligent under my guidance. You will thrive, you just need to believe."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2015, 10:42:11 am »

"I come from times past, times of glory, times where your ascendace ruled the world!" An image of an impressive dragon is created, opening its large wingspan. "Those were times of glory, of physical strenght... and magic." The dragon then will breathe illusion flames at the audience. "But those times are now gone, yet I remember them" The dragon then vanishes. "It is within your yourselves, in your very blood, the potential to reach your former glory. It is your destiny to stop surviving, and start thriving! I am as old as time itself, and with my wisdom, you will make a difference!"

I don't think we can do that? Considering we didn't choose dragon form.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:08 am »

If we can show pitctures of stuff, we can show images of dragons. They are all illusions.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2015, 10:57:36 am »

You won't be able to create illusions without the proper magic skill. That would fall under Light (manipulating light to create images) or high level Flesh (directly affecting the eyes and brain to 'see' an image).

Showing dreams is only viable when followers are asleep as they are closer to dreamstuff.

Your Shaman can recieve visions because she is a special conduit to you.

Are the dragons extinct or something? Also is enchanting a viable affinity?

Dragons are extinct as far as you are aware.

"Enchanting" would be soul-weaving if you want to use souls, or dream/influence-weaving if you want to just grant them Influence directly.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:33 am »

Just chipping in some popular support for being pro-Necromancy eventually.  Back to the lurk I go!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13