Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Rise of the (Kobold) God [ISG] : Winter Y1 VIGNETTE  (Read 19683 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the (Kobold) God [ISG] : Summer Y1
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2015, 07:34:27 am »

Please don't do the entire update in the Centered format

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2015, 07:40:42 am »

Sorry, issat better? :V

Tis habit from playing on other forums. I'm always going to center the images because I like them there, though.

Why are my updates always near the end of a thread page ...
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2015, 07:46:43 am »

Sorry, issat better? :V

Tis habit from playing on other forums. I'm always going to center the images because I like them there, though.

Why are my updates always near the end of a thread page ...
That's better yes, images usually do look better centered, paragraphs don't.

Ugh, if I knew we wouldn't easily again get the option again to appear to the entire tribe I would have chosen that back then in the first turn. Ah hindsight. Vari, could we get that option again if we have our shaman carry out the ritual?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:50:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:22 am »

Vari, could we get that option again if we have our shaman carry out the ritual?

Mm, yes, sorry. I'll add that to the options. And sorry again about the formatting; if anyone else has any issues with anything or wants me to format better to increase readability, please let me know!

Preparing for her ritual will take most of the season, as it requires quite a bit of mental / meditative preparation on her part. It will prevent you from speaking to her or directing her for the season, but you will force a Vignette where she summons you at the beginning of the next season.

This will be in addition to any other Vignettes you encounter.

Edit: Materialize is the option you're looking for, but it always has a chance to fail. The fewer pieces of a 'correct' ritual you have, the higher the chance to fail. I didn't put the subrules on it before though. You can choose whether she performs the ritual in secret or in front of the village.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:08:04 am by variablenonsense »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the (Kobold) God [ISG] : Autumn Y1
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2015, 08:13:44 am »

Okay, so we wait till population bumps up to 25 and then we do that, as I'm assuming that any extra worshippers don't do anything until we actually reach the next milestone?

Spend two influence to inspire the peasant with knapping.
Spend 0.25 influence to send the shaman a vision with as detailed instructions and diagrams of fermenting alcohol as we can manage.
If peasant knapper manages to make knives, speak with shaman, telling her to tie the knives to the ends of sturdy sticks creating spears. Have her tell the warriors to take up the spears, and use them to hunt for food.
Tell her about nets, so she can share this information with the fisher.

Edit: Materialize is the option you're looking for, but it always has a chance to fail. The fewer pieces of a 'correct' ritual you have, the higher the chance to fail. I didn't put the subrules on it before though. You can choose whether she performs the ritual in secret or in front of the village.

No? That's the 0.25 option to appear for 10 minutes before one person isn't it? I want the tribe wide thing again
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:46:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2015, 08:18:07 am »

I'm assuming that any extra worshippers don't do anything until we actually reach the next milestone?

Well, in your past experience, dedicated worshippers may inspire belief in others over time. It's kind of a random thing, but it happens sometimes without any actual intervention from you. It also depends on the individual's job and co-workers; a lone woodsman is less likely to have time to spread his newfound faith than a denmother among a pack of others or a storyteller at suppertime.

Also, since you can send a dream to an almost-believer for .5 Influence, you could likely send a dream to a full believer for .25 influence. It will still be a dream and subject to being forgotten or dismissed, but it is a way for you to communicate with your followers in some way.

This option will be added to your choices.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2015, 08:19:24 am »

I'm assuming that any extra worshippers don't do anything until we actually reach the next milestone?

Well, in your past experience, dedicated worshippers may inspire belief in others over time. It's kind of a random thing, but it happens sometimes without any actual intervention from you. It also depends on the individual's job and co-workers; a lone woodsman is less likely to have time to spread his newfound faith than a denmother among a pack of others or a storyteller at suppertime.

Also, since you can send a dream to an almost-believer for .5 Influence, you could likely send a dream to a full believer for .25 influence. It will still be a dream and subject to being forgotten or dismissed, but it is a way for you to communicate with your followers in some way.

This option will be added to your choices.

I meant in terms of influence income.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2015, 08:19:58 am »

No, since you have a shaman. If you materialise in front of a shaman, ANYONE can see you. It's prophets who can't make others see you.

You had an 'option' earlier because your shaman conducted the ritual in the woods away from the tribe, so you would have had to physically GO to the tribe.

Re: income, no they don't do anything for income until milestones. That's correct.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2015, 08:21:37 am »

No, since you have a shaman. If you materialise in front of a shaman, ANYONE can see you. It's prophets who can't make others see you.

You had an 'option' earlier because your shaman conducted the ritual in the woods away from the tribe, so you would have had to physically GO to the tribe.

Re: income, no they don't do anything for income until milestones. That's correct.
Ooh, okay. Appearing to the entire tribe would be useful as we can influence them easier (they'll put more weight to the commands of our shaman) if they're believers, e.g. having female herbalists stop being lazy leechers. We have animals to sacrifice now at least, so chance of success will hopefully increase somewhat.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:46:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2015, 08:26:51 am »

Sorry for the confusion. Sometime today or tomorrow I'm going to gather up all these clarified rules / bits of info and put them into one document or something.

For precision's sake:

Shaman: Can perform a ritual taking a full season and 0.25 Influence to summon you. You will appear before ANY individuals present. Likelihood of failing based on how many 'missing' pieces there are from the ritual. A failed ritual will decrease belief potential in almost-believers and non-believers.

Prophet: You can appear before them any time for an unlimited amount of time, but no one else can see you. Does not require Influence or rituals. Likely to be considered insane by high-intellect, low-belief communities.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2015, 08:41:17 am »

Spend 0.25 influence to send the shaman a vision with as detailed instructions and diagrams of fermenting alcohol as we can manage.
If peasant knapper manages to make knives, speak with shaman, telling her to tie the knives to the ends of sturdy sticks creating spears. Have her tell the warriors to take up the spears, and use them to hunt for food.

+1, but with some changes (mainly for influence efficiency):

Spend 1 influence to make Tuaki (likes oddly shaped rocks, is a scrapper) have a dream about rocks being banged against each other, changing forms, gaining an edge. The shaman should be aware of this after this happens and encourage him to try some stuff.
Tell the shaman to have the peasant go around the vilage, encouraging him to find what he likes to do. If nothing proves successful, do the same thing that with the storyteller.
Make the shaman tell the trapper to help the fisher with the net.
Tell the shaman to spend more time with the storyteller, and tell her one or two short stories for her to tell to the storyteller, maybe something about the origin of the stars, and how we are realted to the origin of everything. Then make her say to him that for more stories, we need a ritual, and that the shaman needs help with that. Hopefully the shaman will gain an assitant, and maybe they can research together some stuff. Two bolds think better than one!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:14 am »

+1, but with some changes (mainly for influence efficiency):

Spend 1 influence to make Tuaki (likes oddly shaped rocks, is a scrapper) have a dream about rocks being banged against each other, changing forms, gaining an edge. The shaman should be aware of this after this happens and encourage him to try some stuff.
Tell the shaman to have the peasant go around the village, encouraging him to find what he likes to do. If nothing proves successful, do the same thing that with the storyteller.
Make the shaman tell the trapper to help the fisher with the net.
Tell the shaman to spend more time with the storyteller, and tell her one or two short stories for her to tell to the storyteller, maybe something about the origin of the stars, and how we are realted to the origin of everything. Then make her say to him that for more stories, we need a ritual, and that the shaman needs help with that. Hopefully the shaman will gain an assitant, and maybe they can research together some stuff. Two bolds think better than one!
Though I'd really prefer to save up our influence so we can make a magic baby this is okay. +1

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2015, 08:49:09 am »

Rather than having someone inexperienced getting in way of delicate ritual stuff, I recommend making the story-teller a brewer instead, so the shaman can focus more on ritual and obeying our whims and someone else can work full-time on making that alcohol stuff. And then make the peasant a herbalist.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:51:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2015, 08:57:57 am »

Rather than having someone inexperienced getting in way of delicate ritual stuff, I recommend making the story-teller a brewer instead, so the shaman can focus more on ritual and obeying our whims and someone else can work full-time on making that alcohol stuff. And then make the peasant a herbalist.
Oh, the storyteller doesn't have to help the shaman with rituals, they just have to do research together with the things we tell them to do.

What we can do with the peasant is to use a dream to give him an idea to make something better, and hopefully he will get hooked with that. How about covering the scratches so that mushrooms grow more under the darkness?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:27 am »

Oh, the storyteller doesn't have to help the shaman with rituals, they just have to do research together with the things we tell them to do.

What we can do with the peasant is to use a dream to give him an idea to make something better, and hopefully he will get hooked with that. How about covering the scratches so that mushrooms grow more under the darkness?
Instead of covering them, couldn't we just move them into the shade of a tree?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13