Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tale of MassiveDoor  (Read 1014 times)

Shadow Dreamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Tale of MassiveDoor
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »

Welcome to MassiveDoor! A story chronicling my newest fortress. Each in game month, I will be adding the next part of the story, with screenshots, as an entry in my leader-dwarf's journal. This is my first time actually sharing a fortress story, so, if I fuck up- er, lemme know.

I forsee lots of Fun, too- my fortress has five neighbors, and while we're technically only at war with the goblins, one of the others is a Tower.

Shadow Dreamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of MassiveDoor
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:25:44 pm »

Below, saved for posterity, are the first three months of the original MassiveDoor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:50:33 am by Shadow Dreamer »

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:47:46 pm »

I like the name and it seems like managed to get a ton of work done in only a month.  :)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:20:14 pm »

You're off to a good start :)  I'm looking forward to your first meeting with the Greenskins.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 10:41:31 am »

sounds intersesting. Keep going!!!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Shadow Dreamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 01:16:25 pm »

I shall be! Right now I'm trying to find an easier way to take screenshots, though, so that I don't have to go manually save each and every one of them.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 11:00:29 pm »

Sounds like a potentially awesome fort, but I'm interested in that entry hall. I have never seen a hall remotely similar to it, and want to know what the whole fort will look like in the future!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 01:43:17 am »

Well, anyways, if you haven't already found one, you should try out lightshot, which is a screnshotting or whatever program.

Shadow Dreamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »

The next update is in the works! Apologies for the wait, it's been a very busy couple of weeks. It should be up later tonight- and I may be changing my 'one in game month' length to 'however long I feel like'. Does anyone desire to have a dwarf named after them?

Shadow Dreamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:57:55 pm »

The original Massive Door has been loss, due to my files managing to get corrupted. (No, I don't know how that happened, I blame my cousins.) But despair not- MassiveDoor shall be reborn, grander than before! With better narration, even, and possibly even- dare I say it- illustration! There will be Goblins, Undead, Beasts, and more! And, of course, there will be Dwarves named after /whoever I damn well please/! Which includes you! And me. And the spider in my windowsill. And the geckos living outside my house. But the point remains! MassiveDoor shall be reborn! The new world generates as we speak! So the question now is- what now? On a less silly note, I am wondering how I should go about posting it. Should I simply continue in this thread, or make a new one for it?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:46 pm »

You can easily format the text in the OP, recopy the original fort's events (since its one post) in a now reply, spoiler it for posternity, and link to it from the main post. that way the fans know where to look, and the main post can be used as an intro/index thing.