Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Question: Conquistador  (Read 54774 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental] Question: Find your inner child
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2015, 02:26:01 pm »

"Mm, aw yeah. Ya smell that? That's dominance in the air."

Now that the local fauna has been assured of my unassailable position, approach while echolocating to the best of my ability.

[Echolocation: 2]
[Spot: 2]
Clicks you normally use to visualize your surroundings suddenly bring into mind some good old Metallica songs and you end up humming those. And you too get bitten by local fauna because their rattling actually matches with the song nicely.

Well done.

Get the rattle snake off me.

New skill: First aid: [4] Professional.
[First aid: 3]
Your stable professionalism doesn't help much. You get the snake off your leg but it coils itself around your arm so you are still stuck with it.

Oh god.  What is this?

"The uh... w-why did the train stop?  Hello?"

Look around for some other passengers on the train.  Don't panic.

New skill: Search: [2] Dabbling.
[Search: 1]

You knock over something that was next to you and make hellish racket. At least it sounds loud after silence. SCARY! You sit straight, hold your breath and don't move a single muscle. Light outside and human silhouettes are getting closer.

Now is time to panic.

Proceed down the tunnel slowly, shining the light in a circle from floor to ceiling and back. Stop if there are any dangers, like sudden pitfalls or whatever.

Oh god.  What is this?

"The uh... w-why did the train stop?  Hello?"

Look around for some other passengers on the train.  Don't panic.
((It was a plane. ;) ))

((He's not on the plane.))

Thanks to the flashligh you see the rattlesnakes on shore on muddy water. As well as a mudskipper and fucking jesus lizard. Better wait until those disperse before going further in.

Now that you are in the actual cave, you can see the trees (the small ones are persimmon, bearing fruits) and the train cars. Something makes noise in the train cars.

I believe darkpaladin109 is going to soon have a heart attack as well.

Harry Baldman - Brother Marcel
darkpaladin109 - Carson Bush
Flying Dice - Jack Fenway
Kevak - Sir Lucifer the Fourtysixth
Nunzillor - Eddie Johnson
wipeout1024 - Martita Sanchez-Rios
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2015, 06:15:00 pm »

"That ain't no cat!" Brother Marcel calls out as he checks out what's biting him.

Check out what the hell is biting me. Is it a snake? Bite it in half if yes.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

"That ain't no cat!" Brother Marcel calls out as he checks out what's biting him.

What if it's not a snake?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nunzillor

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2015, 01:45:41 am »

Pull yourself together Eddie!  You are not gonna die on a fucking train.  Think!  What would Kevin Mitnick do?

"A-anyone out there, listen up!  I'm coming out.  So uh don't do anything you're gonna regret!"

Go outside.  If anyone or anything attacks, practice Internet-taught karate on them.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2015, 07:16:15 pm »

((Ah, my mistake. S'what I get for posting at who-knows-when.))

Wait for a path to open through the wildlife. Snag a couple fruits, check if they're edible, then head for the train.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2015, 05:26:57 am »

Calmly disentangle myself.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2015, 11:28:28 am »

New skill: Zoology: [3] Hobbyist.
[Zoology: 3]
It is long and scaly. Fits in description of snake.

New skill: Biting: [4] Professional.
[Biting: 4]
OFF WITH YOUR BODY! Snake blood drips from your teeths as you hold halves of the snake in your hands.

Pull yourself together Eddie!  You are not gonna die on a fucking train.  Think!  What would Kevin Mitnick do?

"A-anyone out there, listen up!  I'm coming out.  So uh don't do anything you're gonna regret!"

Go outside.  If anyone or anything attacks, practice Internet-taught karate on them.

New skill: Spot: [3] Hobbyist.
[Spot: 3]
You kick all kind of sticks and balls out of your way while slowly walking to where you think the door was.

[Search: 4]
And you find it. Now how to get this open? Because it doesn't open automatically like it usually does.

((Ah, my mistake. S'what I get for posting at who-knows-when.))

Wait for a path to open through the wildlife. Snag a couple fruits, check if they're edible, then head for the train.

Snakes slither away from your flashlight, which is off in my notes by the way, you really shouldn't seen anything here but whatever, it is on now. You walk into muddy water that separates you from closest fruit tree and snag few.

New skill: Botany: [3] Hobbyist.
[Botany: 4]
Yup, the fruits smell and taste edible.

You approach the train through water until you hear someone shouting from it: "A-anyone out there, listen up!  I'm coming out.  So uh don't do anything you're gonna regret!"

Your boots are now unpleasantly wet.

Calmly disentangle myself.

[2]
NOW IS NOT TIME FOR CALMNESS! IT'S A FREAKING BATTLESNAKE ON YOUR ARM! AND IT BIT YOU!

And darkpaladin109's character has a heart attack. In case anyone wants to replace him here's the sheet.
Name:
Appearance: Let's be humans for now.
What you had with you when the Question was asked:
What was your Answer:

Little something I have been working on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2015, 12:36:50 pm »

"The Lord's my shield, motherfeckers, and I ain't gonna want for blood if y'all keep pissing me off! You feel that shadow of death you're walkin' in, bitches? That's me!" Brother Marcel shouts down the tunnel, waving the bits of snake demonstratively.

Intimidate the darkness. See if I can echolocate any sorry motherfecker who didn't get the message.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2015, 06:47:44 pm »

Keep my heart rate stable, and get the snake off me.

Nunzillor

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:59 pm »

Fuck.  Well, now for something that Kevn Mitnick would *actually* do.

Try to somehow hook up a laptop battery to the doors' electrical system and give it just enough power to open.  Like a movie hacker.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:21:35 am by Nunzillor »

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2015, 11:15:54 am »

I'll join:

Name: Joe Smith.
Appearance: A man of average height, he is fairly muscular. He won't stop smiling...
What you had with you when the Question was asked: A .45 pistol and a case with a suppressor for it. A small pocket knife. Some matches and spare clothing. Some ammo for the pistol.
What was your Answer: Yes!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:18:31 am by HavingPhun »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »

"The Lord's my shield, motherfeckers, and I ain't gonna want for blood if y'all keep pissing me off! You feel that shadow of death you're walkin' in, bitches? That's me!" Brother Marcel shouts down the tunnel, waving the bits of snake demonstratively.

Intimidate the darkness. See if I can echolocate any sorry motherfecker who didn't get the message.

((That's one badass monk, I hope you stay alive long enough. 8) ))

[Echolocation: 4]
Coast is clear captain! It might have something to do with Jack's flashlight, but it was probably you. Only snake near you is the one on Martita's arm.

Oh wait, she threw it at you. [2] Great, it bites you in arm.

Keep my heart rate stable, and get the snake off me.

[4]
Deep breaths, girl, deep breaths.

[6]
You whip the snake around and throw it at Brother Marcel.

Fuck.  Well, now for something that Kevn Mitnick would *actually* do.

Try to somehow hook up a laptop battery to the doors' electrical system and give it just enough power to open.  Like a movie hacker.

But you don't have any cables... Maybe lady luck will help? [1] Nope, she too abandonded you.

I'll join:

Name: Joe Smith.
Appearance: A man of average height, he is fairly muscular. He won't stop smiling...
What you had with you when the Question was asked: A .45 pistol and a case with a suppressor for it. A small pocket knife. Some matches and spare clothing. Some ammo for the pistol.
What was your Answer: Yes!

As soon as you answered you found yourself in a cave. And what odd cave it is. It's hard to tell its size since rolling sand dunes and low ceiling blocking vision, but it is pretty large. On the ceiling is number of crystals that illuminate the cave, periodically growing dimmer.

Right now you are next to small oasis surrounded by dragon blood trees. There's a railroad near you, partially covered by dunes.

HavingPhun - Jack Fenway
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2015, 01:04:51 pm »

"I see there's some of you motherfeckers who're none too good with observational learning!"

Bite this snake in half as well if it's still latched on. In fact, bite it in half even if it isn't. Ain't no bad times to bite snakes in half.

Nunzillor

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 12:19:24 am »

This is a nightmare.  What have I done to deserve this?

Find emergency exit panel.  Use laptop backlight to illuminate emergency instructions.  Follow instructions and open emergency exit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:41:01 am by Nunzillor »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2015, 04:05:58 am »

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!
Apply first aid to myself and then rush over to help the man.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33