Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannot find way to move dog corpses  (Read 563 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Cannot find way to move dog corpses
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:46:28 am »

OK, so a while ago, I was hit by a weresheep, and I managed to get my dwarves inside just fine, but my guard dogs were eaten alive. 

Now that's all well and good, it's what they're there for.  I know I can't butcher them, which is a bit of a pity, but oh well...

But there's these dog skeletons that have been sitting on my front doorstep for a couple years, now, and I can't find any way to get rid of them. 

They are never dumped, they can't be butchered, I can't bury them.  All I can think of is trying to dump magma on the stupid things at this point, and I don't want to go to all the trouble of doing so safely if there's an easier way to just order my dwarves to put the stupid bodies in a pine box I can bury.

Similarly, I have a couple of badger skeletons from year 1 (not tamed at all) that I can't get my butcher to recognize, and can't get dumped or collected. 

Fortunately, there are no necromancers around, but seriously, WTF? I don't remember having this problem in previous versions.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot find way to move dog corpses
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:51:52 am »

I assume you've told dwarves to collect refuse outdoors in the standing orders menu? Beyond that, I can't think of any reason your skeletons wouldn't be getting hauled.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:05:58 pm »

Yeah, that's a classic mistake, often clicked during an outside military action and then forgotten to be turned back on when it's safe to clean up.

Beyond that, in the long, obscure and often variable priority list of different jobs, hauling corpses and dumping both seem consistently to be toward the very bottom (with other hauling somewhere just above that, furniture hauling at the top of those, and workshop and construction toward the very top of all).

Try giving one dwarf ONLY "haul refuse" and try dumping them again, see if he finally figures it out.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

Ugh, I did have the order to ignore outdoor refuse set.   :-[
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare