Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help wanted: Creatures and trees for a scifi mod.  (Read 796 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Help wanted: Creatures and trees for a scifi mod.
« on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:54 am »

I am working on a science fiction mod named First Landing. This mod is a total conversion focusing on colonization of alien planets. Because I am using alien planets, not good old earth (or a facsimile thereof) I need a lot of alien flora and fauna.

My intention is to add a few creatures and a tree or two at a time, each in its own Rubble addon. This allows users to activate a semi-random selection of these "planet packs" to get a unique setting every time. Obviously this will require a lot of planet packs!

So I turn to the modding community. I would be eternally grateful if anyone would see fit to make a tree or a creature and post it here, remember this is a scifi mod on alien planets, no earth creatures allowed!

Obviously since this is for use with a Rubble addon pack you can use any Rubble features you like, but if you don't want to I can add the required templates/etc later. If you want to see how these objects will be packaged download the mod an take a look at the default planet packs.

EDIT: Oh, weather (duststorms, etc) and other "planet" type stuff would be nice as well, but I really need creatures.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:53:19 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help wanted: Creatures and trees for a scifi mod.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

Gurps rpg system has a alien generator, on the book gurps space:
Anyway, I made a generator program that use its rule (this is as faithfull as possible, only minor stuff needed to change, but is 99.% done and generate the entire alien), you can generate aliens with it.
Here is the program
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/DFnasoZQ/file.html

The material presented here is my original creation, intended for use with the http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ GURPS system from http://www.sjgames.com/ Steve Jackson Games. This material is not official and is not endorsed by Steve Jackson Games.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ GURPS is a registered trademark of Steve Jackson Games, and the art here is copyrighted by Steve Jackson Games. All rights are reserved by SJ Games. This material is used here in accordance with the SJ Games  http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html online policy.

GURPS is a trademark of Steve Jackson Games, and its rules and art are copyrighted by Steve Jackson Games. All rights are reserved by Steve Jackson Games. This game aid is my original creation and is released for free distribution, and not for resale, under the permissions granted in the http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html Steve Jackson Games Online Policy

One alien generated with it

Obviously you will need to convert the alien to Dwarf fortress rules

Specie lives lives primarily on Water
Specie is Water-Based Life
Specie has Unusual Biochemistry Disadvantage (only if human centered campaigns)
Oceans cover 15.0% of the planet the specie lives
Place specie lives, has 0.0518632721201 G
Specie lives on Reef
Specie is chasing carnivore
Primary method of locomotion: Immobile
Height of this specie is: 20.0 yards
Weight of this specie on his own atmosphere is: 10372.654424 pounds
Specie Strenght: 43.617419216
Body simmetry of the specie: Asymmetric
Number of limbs: 5 limbs
Manipulators: 5 manipulators
First one has bad grip
Second one has bad grip
Third one has normal DX
Fourth one has bad grip
Fifth one has bad grip
Skeleton: No skeleton
Exoskeleton: Tough exoskeleton (DR 1)
Breathing: Lungs
Temperature: Warm-blooded
Growth Method: Continuous Growth
Sexual Arrangement: Asexual reproduction
Gestation Method: Pollinating
Special gestation: Brood Parasite (young raised by another species)
Reproductive Strategy: Strong K-Strategy: one offspring, extensive care after birth
Primary Sense: Vision
Vision: Telescopic Vision 4
Hearing: Acute Hearing 4 and Subsonic Hearing
Touching Ability: Human-level touch
Taste/Smell: No Sense of Smell (can taste, -50%) [-2 points]
Special Sense: Discriminatory Hearing
Special Sense: Nightvision
Primary mode of communication 1: Discriminatory Hearing
Secondary mode of communication 1: Hearing: Acute Hearing 4 and Subsonic Hearing
Lifespan: Extended Lifespan 1
Mating Behavior: Permanent pair bond
Specie Social Organization: Small pack of 6 members
Chauvinism Level: Xenophilia (15)
Concentration Level: Short Attention Span (12)
Curiosity Level: Incurious (12) (self-control number becomes 9 if Suspicion is less than 0)
Curiosity Level: Incurious (12)
Egoism Level: Proud (quirk)
Empathy Level: Normal
Gregariousness Level: Loner (9)
Imagination Level: Hidebound
Suspicion Level: Fearlessness 3 and overconfidence
Playfulness Level: Serious (quirk)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:42:35 am by exdeath »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Help wanted: Creatures and trees for a scifi mod.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 11:39:09 am »

I have a mostly working creature generator, but what I really need is pre-made creatures (because random creatures, while cool, are not as flexible as custom made ones). Obviously I am not interested in creature descriptions, raws only (as 99% of the work in making a creature is in the raws).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS