Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 12497 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2015, 08:43:51 am »

heh, I'm more of a gameplay guy rather than an art guy. If you have gameplay, it will forgive a lot for me(including ugly art direction)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2015, 08:46:05 am »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:22:57 am by penguinofhonor »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2015, 08:49:41 am »

heh, I'm more of a gameplay guy rather than an art guy. If you have gameplay, it will forgive a lot for me(including ugly art direction)

Same here but it seems very tedious to have grey guns on grey enemies on grey walls and barely distinguishing them in the action. After an hour you will probably get drowsy.

For comparison, the original doom could let you tell an imp from far away in 320x240. This feels the opposite having a stellar engine and a complete lack of contrast.

But yea, all they need is a couple of level designer and it's GOTY.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:55:50 am by Boltgun »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:10 am »

For Doom the important things I think about it is being able to collect and switch between all weapons, lots of enemies, corridors and open spaces and it has to play fast. Also a metal soundtrack.

From what I saw of "Wolfenstein: The New Order", a pretty good balance has been found by that developer between new and old mechanics.

Small Add: Part of what I think makes Doom play quickly is the health and armour pick ups strewn about the place. Wolfenstein had this but I think you had to use "E" them to pick them up rather than just run over them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2015, 09:08:07 am »

New doom looks eh. I like they scrapped the whole INFINITE DARKNESS TIGHT HALLWAYS thing, but it still doesnt feel as brutal or frenetic fun times like brutal doom. They made several steps in the right direction, but it still looks like its been inflicted with stuff affect FPS games these days. Enemies in the gameplay trailer seem more cinematic props then actual threats, I remember seeing the laser guys firing their lasers seemingly at random because they were too busy roaring at the marine, or something. At least there's no QTEs for the executions :v
And yes, everything with same colour scheme, piss yellow filter on everything, bluh, and gameplay doesnt seem thaaaaat fast paced, but certainly an improvement over doom 3.

Fallout 4 is looking better and better though, and hopefuly will live up to the hype. Customizable armor, weapons AND base? Hot damn. Not sure if I like the mass effect-ey dialogue system, though. I'm worried about melee combat, though, I do hope they have improved on it.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:11:14 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2015, 09:11:59 am »

MGSV, instant buy.  ... I could have refrained from picking up the PS4 to get the red one coming out with this.  >.>

NewCom2 and FO4, wait till discount.  Bethseda games are best when aged a little anyways and I've been playing too many turn based tactical games lately.  None of the others are on the radar at this moment.
I might try to get MSGV on my PC, since it's pretty powerful (and for that modding goodness) but same here.
Black lives matter.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:29 am »

Can't wait for The Division. Makes me wanna buy an xbox one or PS4
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2015, 01:01:44 pm »

Huh, Gears of War 4. Wonder how they'll follow up the ending of 3
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »

What's more surprising is that the dude in the trailer actually looks reasonably proportioned.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2015, 01:34:07 pm »

Well, the tech demo of the Hololens with Minecraft was entertaining. I wonder what other applications could be made for it?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »

Hnnnnng
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2015, 02:01:48 pm »

Hot damn, look at all these goddamn... CGI shots of a modified xbox controller comming together. They needed an entire, separate video just for that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2015, 02:12:54 pm »

Now, I'm a PC Master Race type but damn does that controller look good.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2015, 02:20:45 pm »

The new D-pad looks like a solar panel.
Try not to drop it the wrong way because that thing would snap right off, it seems.
Black lives matter.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2015, 02:26:01 pm »

You can swap it out if you don't like it it seem.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12