Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to Convert Mk. III  (Read 16900 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Convert Mk. III
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:52 pm »

[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how will you prioritize that list?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2015, 06:02:28 pm »

priority  goes top to bottom

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2015, 02:57:39 pm »

(Magi mushi mo 1+aether addict 1-productively employable)
determine  the number of followers and overall power of each of those gods list both thier local,and global influence. determine the ingredients used to produce the mysterious substance. determine  my prophets social,economic,physical,and mental status.
determine local opinion of mysterious substance.
determine local exports  and imports.
locate nearby  places where the ingredients could  be easily gathered from the wild.
determine influence of the local town/village/ect...
determine the amount of people loacally who are polythiests. determine how common magic is in the local area. determine  the most powerful magic users in the local area. determine the average level of education in the local area. determine my phrophets level of education.determine the level of technology in the local area.

You determine that the five gods are figureheads with no real power at all, merely superstitions and folk tales passed around the hearth on cold winter days when the locals have nothing better to do than tell stories. You determine hat your prophet is Poor and Unconscious and also getting pretty cold. Further investigations bog down as you get hypnotized by a child's nursery rhyme game. It seems like such a cheerful song, too.

Omin, God of Pleasant Scents

+1 Fresh Bread and Strawberries. -1 Adventurous Spirit. +1 All Nature Sings. +1 Why Do Fools Suddenly Appear, Whenever You are Near?, 3 Hygienic Disciples

[334, 54]

Well, let my prophetess have a bit of a break to do whatever it is she does on these occasions. After she's done, though, remind her to return to a pleasantly aromatic state.
(3)you excuse your prophetess with a muttered "-grumble- Just don't forget to wash." (6) Which she does. She washes the baby, she washes the mother. In a fit of hygeine, she gets in everyone's way by washing the walls and floor of the bedroom in which the baby was born. It smells overpoweringly of lilacs, driving the mother to sleep by the hearth with her infant, and the father to sleep in the barn. Your prophetess eyes the barn a tad reproachfully, hands reaching almost unconsciously for the bucket of lilac water.

Farf, god of diseases

+1 Scared of germs, +1 Clean and tidy, +1 Diseased, Psychic overload 1

"IT'S FINE FIREBOY, YOU DID A GREAT JOB! NOW IS THE TIME TO GAIN MORE SUPPORTER, YOUR JOB AS A PROPHET BEGINS NOW! TRY TO MAKE SICK PEOPLE ANGRY AT HEALTHY PEOPLE. "WHY WOULD THEY BE ALLOWED TO LIVE JUST FINE WHILE WE HAVE TO SUFFER?" IS WHAT THEY MUST ASK THEMSELVES! TRY CONVERTING PEOPLE WITH INCURABLE DISEASES FIRST! WE NEED A LEPER ARMY! ALSO YOUR FIRST CONVERTED WILL BE CALLED PAPERCLIFF!"
(2) you try to encourage Fireboy, and at the same time command her to recruit the sick against the healthy. You see her eyes cross during your conversation, and she sits in the doctors office with a poultice for a while instead. (psychic overload ||...])

What is Wrong, My  Emperor
(1) You receive an answer. it is unintelligible, unless you can read meaning into vomitus. you can't.

Everything
+1 Roguish Charm. -1 Plays Well With Others. +1 Lay of the Land
[75, 153]

Find out information about these converted drunks. Have my prophet continue to convert.
You discover that these three drunks are old, poor sots, peasants who have outlived their usefulness and await death in their cups. On the bright side, the town is charitable toward them, leaving a spot for them to sleep near the fire pits in the great-hall, and allowing them to eat the scraps after communal meals, even occasionally directly giving the ends of bread loaves to them.
(1) your prophet gets into a fight with his followers, and one leaves the fold, bleary eyed and surly. you now have two drunken followers.

Huio,, the god of empiricism
(+1 Show Me. -1 Beyond The Veil)
[85, 87]
Find out the major religions in this village
You discover the only major religion in your village is that of Septimus of the snakes, god of darkness and heat.

Thugdoblat EVIL god.
+1 dark soul -1 influency.

"That's wot? No, u wot, m8"

Tell her to get herself a weapon, in any possible way.
(4) she listens and goes off to appropriate a weapon. (6) and acquires a large man with a large club, who agrees to hire on as a thug for the price of the stolen boots. (+1 thug!)

Ryleus Aluin.

+1 Power Politics -1 Eye to Eye with the Divine
[26, 61]

Now have my prophet keep her ears out for gossip and what's being talked about in the town while I myself listen for these snippets of information throughout the rest of the village.
Your prophetess hears strange rumors about colored lights and changing fruits. You hear that these miracles are being attributed to Olm, patriarchal god of the village, in a display of reconciliation with Bah, matriarchal goddess of the village.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »

+1 Fresh Bread and Strawberries. -1 Adventurous Spirit. +1 All Nature Sings. +1 Why Do Fools Suddenly Appear, Whenever You are Near?, 3 Hygienic Disciples

[334, 54]

Teach my prophetess of the undesirability of excess in pleasant scents - a pleasant thing is always good in moderation!

Have the disciples work on incentivizing conversion with the help of fresher bread and some free soap as well as the many, many benefits that cleanliness itself brings.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2015, 03:03:23 pm »

Thugdoblat EVIL god.

Tell her to aquire money by being a thug.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:30:39 pm by conein »

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2015, 11:12:20 am »

Find Potain in his lab to cure his lab

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

Everything
[75, 153]

Tell my two remaining followers to go home and sleep off their drink when they've drunk enough.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2015, 06:50:33 pm »

Name: Vashna.
Trait: Vigilante.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2015, 11:05:29 am »

Name: Vashna.
Trait: Vigilante.
(5) Vashna locates a prophet who likes to take the law into his own hands, meting out justice as he sees fit. Being the village head's son, no one dares complain. (+1 A Law of His Own, -1 The System Works)[22, 160]

Everything
[75, 153]

Tell my two remaining followers to go home and sleep off their drink when they've drunk enough.
(4) your followers seem willing enough to go home and sleep. (2) They pass out along hte way, and are awakened a mere hour later by that horrible monster, the Sun. -status: severely hungover x2-

Find Potain in his lab to cure his lab
(4) Since his "lab" is the Outdoors, it's more or less healthy. Something tells me you weren't loking for this: Potain, so you don't find that. you do find a peppermint bush nearby. If he can drag himself to that, he could settle his stomach with a ew leaves.

Ryleus Aluin.

+1 Power Politics -1 Eye to Eye with the Divine [Light themed miracles level 2]
[26, 61]

Draw the following message in the sky in bright orange; You're all wrong!
(5) ... you draw the lime green message with a lime glow in the sky in bright orange for all to see. (2) nobody has a clue what it means. Chaos ensues as people argue over why they are wrong. Some attend church services repenting of their sins, some sell their businesses and take up pottery, a couple even leave town, viewing the recent signs as omens of great misfortune to come.The astroloers throw out their horoscope tables. farmers start planting oddly colored fruit.

Thugdoblat EVIL god.

Tell her to aquire money by being a thug.
(1)your prophetess finds this to be a silly notion. It's what she hired the thug for, after all.

[334, 54]

Teach my prophetess of the undesirability of excess in pleasant scents - a pleasant thing is always good in moderation!

Have the disciples work on incentivizing conversion with the help of fresher bread and some free soap as well as the many, many benefits that cleanliness itself brings.

(5) "Moderation is key!" becomes a doctrine in the cult of pleasantness. your prophetess returns to the bakery, cooing over new lie and baking the best bread. (3+1) Your disciples set out to educate the masses on washing their filthy hands before they eat and after they defacate. (4) Hygiene begins to rise in town. You gain two converts - the tavern keeper, who's floors are less covered in vomit every day, and the midwife. how about that? you have a male disciple now. Diversity +1. not an actual bonus. Diversity limited to natural gender and does not include race, religion(duh), color, language, species, handicap or other markers of diversity. Diversity is not for everyone. Ask your local oracle if diversity is right for you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2015, 01:20:32 pm »

+1 Fresh Bread and Strawberries. -1 Adventurous Spirit. +1 All Nature Sings. +1 Why Do Fools Suddenly Appear, Whenever You are Near?, +1 Gender Diversity, 5 Hygienic Disciples (incl. tavern keeper, midwife).

[334, 54]

Have my prophetess and disciples work on the creation of a public bathing space where all my wash off their filth and come out smelling nicely. This bathhouse ought to be popular with traveling merchants for sure. Maybe make it an addition to the tavern?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2015, 01:57:08 pm »

Make small glowing words appear in front of my prophet's face saying Hello future prophet of Vashna, I am here to help you bring Justice to the world but first, where is the nearest city?

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »

((You forgot my action, Ozarck))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »

well. Prohpetess: tell me what her dreams are. Thug: aquire money.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2015, 05:52:24 pm »

Harm GM, for make fun my bad english.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »

((You forgot my action, Ozarck))
you missed an update. gimme an action, and I'll edit it in.

Harm GM, for make fun my bad english.
(autosuccess: GM is wounded {|...................) Did I understand your action, that you wanted something to heal your prophet? I just Googled Potain, in case you wanted something specific that i didn't know about.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9